** FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009 DEMO IS UP ***

JamboLad

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=54626

You can get the vanilla version of the demo (PC or Mac) from http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk

The Strawberry demo, which is approx 1GB, will also be available for PC or Mac, and will be available 3 ways via STEAM (our recommended route - but PC only), a torrent file, and a direct download (hosted by the nice people at Gameshadow).

To download the STEAM client, for free, go to http://www.steampowered.com, where you can read all about STEAM.

Language wise it has - English, Danish, Dutch, French, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish.

Leagues playable (via quickstarts) - England, Scotland, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Brazil, Argentina & Indonesia. So 12, rather than the previously announced 10.

The strawberry version of the demo is available from

STEAM (PC Only) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/10570/

Torrent (PC) - http://torrents.sigames.com:7000/torrents/fm2009_gold_demo-pc.exe.torrent?D30C836D20282E61500B0D69514669B7DFD A9BF4

Torrent (Mac) - http://torrents.sigames.com:7000/torrents/fm2009_gold_demo-mac.zip.torrent?A7C6364918933D101B05687A49B68A304D D26BEA

Download (PC) - http://www.gameshadowdemos.com/fm2009/strawberry/'>http://www.gameshadowdemos.com/fm2009/strawberry/

Download (Mac) - http://www.gameshadowdemos.com/fm2009/strawberry/

I know this should be in the console section but meh, people will want this :D

Not working yet think it comes live at midnight

I've downloaded. Try searching it via the newsoftheworld site.

worked for me.

I've downloaded. Try searching it via the newsoftheworld site.

worked for me.

Tried going through that but when it opens the game shadow site it says page cannot be displayed? :sad:

whats the difference between the two versions?

the flavour apparently... I don't understand it either.

How class does the 3d match engine look by the way. First screen shots I've seen, I was sceptical about it at first but have to admit it looks impresssive.

I like the press conferences.

Sunday Mail Additional Comments - "Hibs Smell"

Can you get the transcripts from Shabba interviews...

I like the press conferences.

Sunday Mail Additional Comments - "Hibs Smell"

Can you get the transcripts from Shabba interviews...

I pressume youve got it? Whats the3D match engine like? How are Hearts?

I've started as redditch in the conference south like the little touchs they've added such as the brief history and press conference when you start at a club.

Made my first signing, none other than Phil Stamp on a free transfer. My fans were celebrating his signing and my assistant gives him 5 stars in his squad report. He is my best player by miles :D

can't wait till full game is out, this is class!

oh and just to clarify for anyone still unsure:

Vanilia - England + Scotland

Strawberry- various quickstart options (spain, italy etc)

My laptop is not up to the graphics...

It looks a bit like Actua Soccer.

Jonnson is a CM and a DR

Obua is there.

All the goalies are there.

Clum on loan...

was sceptical about 3d match engine but it looks good if a little slower.

As for hearts I'd say it is quite realistic. None of the players are great and overall the squad is pretty poor although it looks like some of the younger players could be good prospects.

Berra, Driver and Kingston look the best players at a glance and Mole and Obua look suprisingly good.

Im the Hearts researcher, Obua was transferred so was nto really done by me and Mole is fairly **** :) in terms of CA.

The only mistake there is Tomas Kancelskis appears int eh reserves on lon to Kaunas but thats to do with the Lithuania HR not me. Dont know why it happened but at the next oppertunity he will be released.

Works just fine for me. Maybe your PC isn't up to running the 3d match engine?

Is it just because it is a demo the SPL doesn't have photos/badges? or did they not get the rights this year?

how long will it take to download the demo?

oh aye and how much money have man city got?

It took no time at all to download from Steam. Had 1gb in about 15 mins last night.

I've not played it really yet, just had a look around the players etc. Does it have the usual flaw of alot of hibs players having really good stats? I noticed that Rat boy's personality is down as 'Balanced' .... hmmmmm bit of ignoring things going on there

This version looks a lot more fine tuned at first glance (not got as far as playing any games yet) the last one was very rough around the edges. However I'll wait until at least the second patch before I get the full version. There is nothing more annoying that getting through a few seasons and then finding there is some bug that makes xy or z feck up, like the stupid stat drops when players reach 30 and the very poor quality of the 'regens' that don't develop until their mid 20s in the patched 2008 version. These are the things that I really want to see improve this time, I don't really give a feck about the 3d engine tbh.

I have a feeling the 3d match engine could be opening a new can of worms bug wise, it took them 4 years or so to iron out the problems with the 2d engine and it still was not quite right.

Is it possible to disable the 3d match engine dont think my laptop could handle it

Yeah you can stick to the standard 2d view if you want.

Well scrap the previous comment. It's ****. The same old problems every year - too many injuries, terrible match engine, poor data etc, some of the bugs from the last 3 versions (that they eventually patched) are back in again. FFS it's not rocket science to work from the previous patched build!. SI have lost the plot.

Started as Hearts, have a budget of ?100k to spend. Had 3 tough friendlies against Lyon, Liverpool and Bayern - got humped in them all. Thought to myself, this is really pretty realistic this year.

That was before Jamie Mole scored a hat-trick against Motherwell in my opening league game, and Ksanavicius came off the bench to score the winner at Ibrox.

:eek:

I got narrowly beaten in all the friendlies. Some line up of big team to play pre season! Since then I won 4-5 leagues games and lost to Rangers 3-0. So im second top behind Aberdeen and enjoying the game at the moments. Beat Elgin 5-0 in the league cup also.

Sold Jason Thompson, Husband, Robinson, Park and Visconte to raise 1.2 million in transfer fees. Bought some Polish guy called Guerriero 1.2mill (who I think is actually Brazilian) and he has come in and done really well. Obua is friggin awesome in it. Well his attributes are anyway. He's not done too well yet. Mickey Stewart is being a problem and feels victimised after I gave him a warning for two yellow cards in the first 11mins of the first league game.

As much as its pains me Jamie Mole is my top scorer and got a hat trick against Hamilton. Nade is a bit rubbish, Glen is to young, Makela scored one when I gave him a game and I got Velicka on loan from Rangers on the last day of the transfer deadline. He scored on his debut.

But I think it's fun.

Also I only sold all those top youngsters as its only a six month demo and I wanted to buy a decent player rather than think about long term interests.

Also nearly signed Robbie Fowler for 60k and David Coven(?) for ICT for 100k before I papped all my money on Guerriero.

Seems pretty poor from the demo.

The data for hearts is shocking TBH.

what would you change?

Except Kancelkis appearing in the file mysteriously apparently at the Liths HR's request and also Bruno being fairly poor at the start.

Karapidis's name is not up to me. The Greek head researcher was in charge of that.

what would you change?

Except Kancelkis appearing in the file mysteriously apparently at the Liths HR's request and also Bruno being fairly poor at the start.

Karapidis's name is not up to me. The Greek head researcher was in charge of that.

Just a few I have noticed

Dale Baxter - Left the club over a year ago

Jonny Stewart - used more as a midfielder these days

Dylan McGowan - not convinced he is ever used as a midfielder as claimed

Banks - not a player or proper GK coach these days

Bjornson - has left club

Pelosi - has left club

david Armstrong - on loan to raith

Lithgow - left the club and joined clyde

Miko - should play both wings

audrey - also a left winger

The issue with Kancelskis as noted

Fulton - coaches about the u12's not quite sure why he is on the game if others are not.

Romanov - not chairman

Proper GK coach - not on it.

also cant say I really agree with the ratings of the players either but thats obviously opinion.

The game as a whole is far too full of bugs and the transfers are seriously fecked up i.e teams have 100k to spend but 1st div players are worth hundreds of thousands

Very poor effort from all concerned imo

The younger players that were released were announced too late. The last file I done was handed in a long long time ago but they would of been gone if i could of. Miko and audrey do have ratings for the other positions im fairly sure if you look in their positions they are there as probably competant for the other posistions which im sure you would agree half the team are unconvicing in their current posistions at the moment :D.

I have no idea why the gk coach is not there but I did request him to be put in. Fulton was put in by the Head Researcher, imo he wouldnt be there in the game seeing as he coaches the 12s.

the ratings are done within a set of guidelines with a few exceptions and to be honest there are no outstanding Hearts players except Kingston has the highest CA and Obua came with a high CA.

Say What Again

I've only played 1 friendly so far but liked the press conference after I got the job and also like the assistant managers suggestions in game 'We should show xxx onto his weaker foot', 'there's too much space between our defence and midfield that the opposition are exploiting' etc.

So far I've sold Jason Thompson to Doncaster for ?325k :eek:, Basso to Marsielle :eek: for ?80k and Pelosi to Dunfermline for ?10k. I've brought in Velicka (loan), Rafael (Man Utd - loan) and a young left back from Liverpool on loan.

I also had Bobo Balde agree to join me on loan but SPL rules prevented it.

I drew with Lyon 1-1. Velicka coming off the bench to score.

Whitecapjambo

Downloaded it last night and wasn`t initially too impressed tbh.

The 3D match engine is naff, and the 2D one took much longer to set up than 2008.

I`m sure the full game will be better.

I did like the press conference although some of the answers didn`t really fit with the questions.

It looks like it could be a strugle to keep Driver/Jonsson, few clubs already sniffin round them.

On a positive.........I managed to steal 700k from swansea for Robbie Neilson! And drew 2-2 with Lyon in first pre-season friendly.

McGowan looks quality and Mole looks unrealistically above average.

I think Man City had 75 million or something daft like that!!!

Just tried to download the vanilla option but when I tried to play it it said the graphics could not be located which I thought was a bit odd as I went through the full direct x installation.

might try the strawberry version istead.

Well I'm top of the league with 8 loans so you're all crap.

:D

Been using data editor to create 18 x Ryan McGowans????:rolleyes:

MaskedMagician

Its no a bad demo but its not really that much different from 08.

So far got Robbie Fowler for 85 grand

Pierre-Doumbe for 7 grand

Velicka on loan

Say What Again
Just tried to download the vanilla option but when I tried to play it it said the graphics could not be located which I thought was a bit odd as I went through the full direct x installation.

might try the strawberry version istead.

Strange.

As it's only a demo, I went for the non singing and dancing vanilla version and it works fine.

I had another bash at installing this last night, this time on my laptop with no success.

Can anyone think of anything I'm doing wrong? I'm going onto the NOTW site, download the windows vanilla version. Then once that has been downloaded and installed I installed DIRECTX 9 then tried to run the demo but I was told the graphics software couldn't be located.

Is there anything else I should try doing? (other than waiting for the full version to coe out :P)

Thanks

I had another bash at installing this last night, this time on my laptop with no success.

Can anyone think of anything I'm doing wrong? I'm going onto the NOTW site, download the windows vanilla version. Then once that has been downloaded and installed I installed DIRECTX 9 then tried to run the demo but I was told the graphics software couldn't be located.

Is there anything else I should try doing? (other than waiting for the full version to coe out :P)

Thanks

What video card is in your computer?

Min specs:

Videocard - 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

What video card is in your computer?

Min specs:

Videocard - 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

I'm not too sure - I'll check tonight. Thanks for that.

Say What Again
oh aye and how much money have man city got?

I've just started a new game as Man City and as it was only a demo, I told the board I would win the league. They gave me ?84 million.

If you say top half finish, you get ?55 million.

Archived