** FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009 DEMO IS UP ***

JamboLad

Say What Again
Well scrap the previous comment. It's ****. The same old problems every year - too many injuries

Nonsense man - just look at my Man City forward line :eek:

th_75528_untitled_122_457lo.JPG

Though I do have Arshavin coming in.

Nonsense man - just look at my Man City forward line :eek:

th_75528_untitled_122_457lo.JPG

Though I do have Arshavin coming in.

probably quite realistic if it happened at hearts.

Surely they'll sort out the blatantly obvious glitches before release?

I heard there will be a downloadable patch ready for download on the day of release.

Say What Again
Are Man City ridiculous in it?

The money they have is fantastic (I got ?84 million for saying I'd win the league) but the players that will come to you aren't brilliant. I got Arshavin but to give you an example, if I search any player / any position, 4th down on the list is Alan Hutton.

The money they have is fantastic (I got ?84 million for saying I'd win the league) but the players that will come to you aren't brilliant. I got Arshavin but to give you an example, if I search any player / any position, 4th down on the list is Alan Hutton.

I went man city just to see how I could spend the money - got arshavin, huntelaar and the rightback from Zenit and Lescott from Everton. I'm still pish though.

No one really wanted to go to me as you said

Edit: I got Riquelme too - 30 years old but still awesome. I've now spent all 84 mill

Didn't really want to make big changes to the Hearts team, but couldn't resist Robbie Fowler for ?50k and 3 grand a week.

Have had a scarily identical start to the season as we did in reality - single goal win over Motherwell, 2-0 loss to Rangers, and wins over Hamilton and St Mirren. Brechin took me to extra time in the CIS but I ran away with it in the end though.

Ridiculous amounts of injuries, as well - at least 1 serious and 1 minor during each game, and I'm currently doing without my entire first-choice midfield. It's only 4 games into the season!

There will be a patch out on release day which will no doubt fix the exact same issue that it did last year with injuries (The issue only came up in the gold version and never came up in the bloody beta versions beforehand- no idea what SI are playing at)

going for a mass clear out as its only a demo. punted almost everyone with obvious exception. Got top dollar for:

mikey stewart for 1.5m :D

and 700k for robbie too.

also:

350k jamie mole

250k jason thomson

among others.

used that to bring in Phil Bardsley (1.4m) from Sunderland who is now rated as my best defender.

To strengthen attacking options brought in Velicka and Deon Burton on loan.

Say What Again
I went man city just to see how I could spend the money - got arshavin, huntelaar and the rightback from Zenit and Lescott from Everton. I'm still pish though.

No one really wanted to go to me as you said

Edit: I got Riquelme too - 30 years old but still awesome. I've now spent all 84 mill

SO far I've signed:

Andrei Arshavin (AM/FC) - Zenit - ?12.5m

Joao Moutinho (MC) - Sporting Lisbon - ?11.5m

Miguel Veloso (DMC) - Sporting Lisbon - ?11.5m

Andy Driver (AML) - Hearts - ?1.9m :)

Paulo Ferreira (DR/L) - Chelsea ?1.1m

Juliano Belletti (D/MR) - Chelsea - loan

Carlos Salcido DR/L/C) - PSV - ?9m

First game of the season I put out a strong looking line up of:

Joe Hart

Carlos Salcido

Micah Richards

Richard Dunne

Juliano Belletti

Martin Petrov

Joao Moutinho

Miguel Veloso

Shaun Wright Phillips

Robinho

Jo

Subs: Schmeichel, Ferreira, Ben Haim, Kompany, Ireland, Driver, Arshavin,

and promptly lost 3-0 to Middlesborough :mad:

SO far I've signed:

Joe Hart

Carlos Salcido

Micah Richards

Richard Dunne

Juliano Belletti

Martin Petrov

Joao Moutinho

Miguel Veloso

Shaun Wright Phillips

Robinho

Jo

Subs: Schmeichel, Ferreira, Ben Haim, Kompany, Ireland, Driver, Arshavin,

and promptly lost 3-0 to Middlesborough :mad:

:laugh:

Why didn't you buy a goalie?

Hart is troll.

Another thing that's been bugging me;

In the press conferences, does anyone else have trouble with the game duplicating lots of letters as you type them?

Foor innsttance ,, youu'll jusst be typping a nnormall senttence andd thinggs popp uup twicee forr no reasson.

Another thing that's been bugging me;

In the press conferences, does anyone else have trouble with the game duplicating lots of letters as you type them?

Foor innsttance ,, youu'll jusst be typping a nnormall senttence andd thinggs popp uup twicee forr no reasson.

Yes have same problem

I have given up on playing it, the game is completely riddled with major errors, that minor ones like that arent even bothering me.

The fact they expect people to pay ?20-35 for it is awful, the series has been going downhill since Sports Interactive took over, these days we get more errors, wait longer than ever for release, pay more, get less updates.

From Perth to Paisley
Yes have same problem

I have given up on playing it, the game is completely riddled with major errors, that minor ones like that arent even bothering me.

The fact they expect people to pay ?20-35 for it is awful, the series has been going downhill since Sports Interactive took over, these days we get more errors, wait longer than ever for release, pay more, get less updates.

I take it you mean Sega - SI have been making it forever - the Collyer brothers are still involved they even post on the SI boards.

PS that bug is fixed in the patch - and if you play the demo in windowed mode it doesn't happen.

During the split of the championship manager team (or whatever happened) when some stayed with champ man and some spawned FM which then took over...

...as a result I've always played FM since as assumed its better. Does anyone know what the new champ mans are like? as I've not played one in a good few years now.

From Perth to Paisley
During the split of the championship manager team (or whatever happened) when some stayed with champ man and some spawned FM which then took over...

...as a result I've always played FM since as assumed its better. Does anyone know what the new champ mans are like? as I've not played one in a good few years now.

The Eidos / Sports Interactive split

Wikipedia says -

The creators of Championship Manager, SI Games, split with publishers Eidos, and signed a deal with Sega, to continue the series under the new name, Football Manager. After the split, both parties kept their intellectual property. SI Games kept the base code, the game database and programming of the game, whilst Eidos kept the name "Championship Manager" and its interface.

The reasons for the split have never been revealed, although it is generally felt that Sports Interactive enjoy far greater creative freedom under Sega.

The former working partners are now in direct competition - Eidos and Beautiful Game Studios producing future Championship Manager titles, and Sega and Sports Interactive with Football Manager.

Although under a different name, Football Manager is very similar in gameplay terms to the previous CM games and preferred by original CM gamers, whereas CM5 is a totally new game due to it being written almost from scratch by a new development team.

This emergence of the Football Manager series and the fierce marketing battle between the two could spell danger for EA Sports' Total Club Manager series and other, less successful football management games.

I don't think any of the SI team stayed on to create the new CM, it was a clean split.

In any case both titles are a mess but there is a good chance CM or the EA game will surpass FM pretty soon IMO, simply because SI are a pretty amateur outfit who are too set in their ways and the other 2 have massive financial backing.

I know a former SI tester who gave up because their testing proccess is a complete shambles, that is why the glitches from the previous versions reappear every year. Every time they then try to correct these issues again (wasting time) it fecks up some other part of the game, creating a vicious circle. it's all unnecessary and could be avoided if they ran a tighter ship. It's like they are run by Vlad, trying to sabotage their own product! :)

ive got it downloaded for my mac but im having some issues - do i need a two button mouse to play it?

heeeeeeeelp!

i just need to know how i change the attacking lines, usually you can just hold control and click but when i do that it makes the game break :confused:

The first Championship Manager after the split was awful.

Away to Inverness for the weekend next week so won't be able to play it until I come back. In my opinion they didn't have to add anything. Just fix the bloody viruses.

How many games do you get to play?

Goes up until the end of December.

My laptop doesn't play the 3D pitch and it takes ages to load the 2D pitch.. not sure if I'll bother with it this year. :(

SO far I've signed:

Joe Hart

Carlos Salcido

Micah Richards