the rainbow last night

Eric Shin

Think there was something to do with the n26 bus last night.

I was DJing last night and drove past about 1.30am and there must have been at least 8 police cars / vans outside and about the area.

The road was blocked off and the N26 was sitting with it's hazards on. Groups of people being interviewed by the police all over the place.

Two police cars still outside the Rainbow this morning but the tape's been removed from the car wash place next door.

Might get something in the later evening news about it.

Chad Sexington
just passed the rainbow at 06.30 police outside and the place was taped off

whats the gossip

I heard Bungal knocked the sh*t out of Zippy. :sad:

I often go in there on a Friday, but the people I usually meet had other things on so had a quiet one last night. Looks like I made the right choice.

The place has just changed owners and looked to be kicking out the **** that give it a bad reputation. For years there has been dealing going on, without the police just down the road doing anything. It looked like the new owners had put a stop to that by setting Karaoke up in the pool table area, making it impossible for several people to all go to the toilet at once without it being obvious.

The new owners started with door security on weekends but stopped last weekend. You can't turn around a troubled pub in a couple of weeks and need to keep door security on for the long term.

Chad Sexington

http://www.talk107.co.uk/article.php?article=4175

Police are investigating after a brawl outside a pub in Edinburgh.

Officers were called to the Rainbow pub on Drum Brae South in the early hours of this morning.

It's believed around twenty people were involved.

2 people have been taken to hospital.

The road has been sealed off as an investigation takes place.

You can't turn around a troubled pub in a couple of weeks and need to keep door security on for the long term.

In the 15+ years that I've been drinking, the Rainbow has always been a hole.

The boy that owns it now has put alot of effort into it as previous posters had said, but it would be hard to turn it around in a short time

He also played for Newcastle as well

portobellojambo1
The boy that owns it now has put alot of effort into it as previous posters had said, but it would be hard to turn it around in a short time

He also played for Newcastle as well

Did he, as far as I was aware the guy that now has The Rainbow is a member of PHSC, and not an ex football player, he has maybe played about in Newcastle.

I just went passed it

2 meat wagons and a couple of plod just outside it

Must've been pretty severe :sad:

Friend of mine works behind the bar :( haven't managed to find out if she's ok though. For a pub I don't like, I seem to spend a disproportionate amount of time in it

Friend of mine works behind the bar :( haven't managed to find out if she's ok though. For a pub I don't like, I seem to spend a disproportionate amount of time in it

Some friend you are, Louise... :P:p:p:p:p

Did he, as far as I was aware the guy that now has The Rainbow is a member of PHSC, and not an ex football player, he has maybe played about in Newcastle.

He sponsors my saturday league team, the guy seems pretty sound and he was telling us about Newcastle one afternoon, I wasn't really listening though. He had a few clippings Newcastle related framed on the wall in the pub, he did have to cut out football due to an injury I know that

I wasn't in today so I cant really elaborate to what happened - I do find myself in there often on a saturday afternoon. A wee while ago I got growlers from some oldish boys sitting at the bar when I bought a pint when the lass behind the bar called me sweetheart - I didnt hang around. The same day a guy shoved his mates coat on a BBQ, then a wee scuffle proceeded to happen. Time to go home then

portobellojambo1
He sponsors my saturday league team, the guy seems pretty sound and he was telling us about Newcastle one afternoon, I wasn't really listening though. He had a few clippings Newcastle related framed on the wall in the pub, he did have to cut out football due to an injury I know that

I think it might be a bit of a joint venture DarthVodka, i.e. more than one guy involved. Certainly a guy from our bus, and his former partner co-run/own it (or so I have been told by his brother), I can only assume the other guy (the ex footballer) is the ex wife's new partner.

I often go in there on a Friday, but the people I usually meet had other things on so had a quiet one last night. Looks like I made the right choice.

The place has just changed owners and looked to be kicking out the **** that give it a bad reputation. For years there has been dealing going on, without the police just down the road doing anything. It looked like the new owners had put a stop to that by setting Karaoke up in the pool table area, making it impossible for several people to all go to the toilet at once without it being obvious.

The new owners started with door security on weekends but stopped last weekend. You can't turn around a troubled pub in a couple of weeks and need to keep door security on for the long term.

Couldn't agree more. :fing10:

I think it might be a bit of a joint venture DarthVodka, i.e. more than one guy involved. Certainly a guy from our bus, and his former partner co-run it (or so I have been told by his brother), I can only assume the other guy is the ex wife's new partner.

Now you say that I think you are right there, i have seen a woman in too that seems to be running things too. im only in on Saturday afternoons usually

Evening News

AN 18-year-old man is in a critical condition in hospital today after being stabbed in the Capital.

Police were called to an incident outside the Rainbow Inn, Craigmount View, Corstorphine at about 1am today.

A large disturbance - involving up to 20 people - had broken out between local youths and Eastern European males said police.

Another 18-year-old man is also being treated at Edinburgh Royal Infirmary, as well as a 23-year-old man.

A police spokesman said: "We were called by local residents who heard a disturbance in the early hours of the morning. I'm appealing for anyone who may have witnessed the incident or who may have seen people running away."

Two men aged 16 and 19 are due to appear at Edinburgh Sheriff Court in connection with the incident.

Anyone with information should contact Corstorphine CID on 0131 311 3131.

husref musemic

ignoring the one night battle, could the recipe for getting shot of Ellis "the previous owner" to the cabin / Marmion. He's run that further (if that was possible) into the ground as well. Ers.

Anyone remember a previous lady owner years ago getting done on the napper with a chair or something?!

Anyone remember a previous lady owner years ago getting done on the napper with a chair or something?!

Think you may have got mixed up Louise, the Rainbow's never been owned by a Lady.

There was a fight between locals and a few Polish guys. Polish guys called for back up and 3 car fulls of them arrived. Then there was the stabbings.

At least that's the story I've heard in a couple of West Edinburgh pubs today.

...who was that then? Barmaid? My dad was there that night and remember him telling me about it.

I don't doubt Jim's memory, although I can't recall it myself, so I guess it must have been one of the staff.

walked past at 2 on sat morning, drumbrae was closed with about 10 police cars, 2 big vans. 20 people fighting- eastern europeans and a youth gang. poeple were getting arrested in caroline terrace when i walked past and ambulances down craigmount avenue north. 3 folk stabbed- 1 critical n 2 in custody- 16 n 19 year old.

I think it might be a bit of a joint venture DarthVodka, i.e. more than one guy involved. Certainly a guy from our bus, and his former partner co-run/own it (or so I have been told by his brother), I can only assume the other guy (the ex footballer) is the ex wife's new partner.

I think it's Craig who played for Newcastle (Yvonne's new partner).

They've all stuck a lot of effort into the place since Ellis left - shame this had to happen.

I think it's Craig who played for Newcastle (Yvonne's new partner).

They've all stuck a lot of effort into the place since Ellis left - shame this had to happen.

Closed till at least Friday.

Hopefully Craig & Yvonne will still get the chance to continue the good work that they'd just only just started.

i was in on a saturday night about 5 years ago when a barmaid got glassed or a bottle smashed over her head, and a bar stool got thrown over the bar taking out loads of bottles, mirrors etc

don`t think she was the owner or licensee or anything, but the bar shut pretty quick after that as about 4 police cars turned up.

Nice.

I get home in 2 weeks, think I might pop in and see if anyone I know's had the cr@p kicked out of them.

Used to go there a lot when I lived in Drum Brae, the dealing etc. was so obvious on Friday nights, but apart from that it was usually OK.

Oh well, looks like it's the Corrie Inn for me when I get home then!

Despite being my local, I can count on the toes of my right foot the amount of times I've been in there in the last few years.

Scary, scary pub.

The People's Chimp
i was in on a saturday night about 5 years ago when a barmaid got glassed or a bottle smashed over her head, and a bar stool got thrown over the bar taking out loads of bottles, mirrors etc

don`t think she was the owner or licensee or anything, but the bar shut pretty quick after that as about 4 police cars turned up.

Things like that happen regularly in the "sir john stirling maxwell" the 3rd pub within spitting distance of my flat in shawlands. not the best pub.

Last time I was in on a saturday, some guy threw an ice bucket at a barmaid and the bouncers crapped it so much they just took him to a seat and brought his drinks over.

Guy called callum got his stomach slashed open with a stanely blade and thats whos in hospital right now.

Not going into detail coz i quite like my insides inside my body but if you have a friend with a matching name and you think it might be him then go ask around. The papers are saying hes 18 but im not sure he is but its there about anyway.

Polish boys left the pub to go get a blade and went back for the place shutting it would seem. There wasnt a movie style 3 car pull up there was only 3 of them. The local young teams ran their mouth to the wrong polish boy and hes came back to teach him a lesson, simple as.

Hearing alot of crazy stories about birds getting stabbed, massive gang warfare going on and the stories are just getting more exaggerated as time goes on.

Nice.

I get home in 2 weeks, think I might pop in and see if anyone I know's had the cr@p kicked out of them.

Used to go there a lot when I lived in Drum Brae, the dealing etc. was so obvious on Friday nights, but apart from that it was usually OK.

Itll be nobody you know Glebe child! The Rainbows always been *****, it was just handy for the quiz and a quick pint before heading up town. Sooner they turn it into flats or a shop better than a schemey scotmid the better!

Corrie Inn is pretty dire as well. Corstorphine in general bites the boaby for pubs.

Corrie Inn is pretty dire as well. Corstorphine in general bites the boaby for pubs.

Agreed, it always has :(

Nice.

you should the clerrie inn instead, they only shoot hibees there :eek:

you should the clerrie inn instead, they only shoot hibees there :eek:

Im going there in a few weeks.. i will be okay then.:)

Indeed.

A S&N brewers sales director once told me that they didn't ever plan to invest money in Corstorphine pubs because they all made enough money as it was. He also said that not much of the market in the Corstorphine pubs came from people living in Corstorphine and that it came from people travelling to St John Road from outlying estates. He didn't think it made business sense to go after the Corstorphine bungalow dweller.

Era Macaroons
Indeed.

A S&N brewers sales director once told me that they didn't ever plan to invest money in Corstorphine pubs because they all made enough money as it was. He also said that not much of the market in the Corstorphine pubs came from people living in Corstorphine and that it came from people travelling to St John Road from outlying estates. He didn't think it made business sense to go after the Corstorphine bungalow dweller.

dont you find them in Winstons? or having a meal in the 'Harp' / Fabios.

Indeed.

People travel to Corstorphine to drink!?!? Deary me. Winstons used to do a good pie at lunch time when I temped for 6 weeks at Fulcrum. No banter tho or they chuck you out....thats literally the best thing I can say about Corstorphine pubs.

Going of topic but does anyone know why there is a hearts and hibs scarf tied to the tree outside the oak with a bunch of flowers and a bit paper with 'peace' written on it?

Going of topic but does anyone know why there is a hearts and hibs scarf tied to the tree outside the oak with a bunch of flowers and a bit paper with 'peace' written on it?

Are you serious? Try reading the first page!

Are you serious? Try reading the first page!

Sorry , dont have time to trawl through old posts , i dont do the shed that often.:)

Sorry I must apologise, I thought I was on the other thread there. Peace.

Ian 'Hibby' Hibbard died aged 50, was a well-known and liked local guy who used to drink there. Funeral was last Friday.

Archived