The Old Firm

Doctor FinnBarr

winston churchill
I'd wager a sizeable proportion of Hearts fans are also republicans.

Would you also consider those Hearts fans as "the enemy"?

and post on here;)

and post on here;)

That's what put the Great in Great Britain. Free to form your own opinions and free to speak your mind.*

*Unless you're a Hearts fan and celtic is coming to town. Freedom of speech goes out the window in case we upset the poor down-trodden scamps.

Supporting a terrorist organisation intent on bringing down the UK government and bringing death and destruction to the UK is the difference IMO.

Let's just agree to disagree.

Both republican and loyalist paramilitaries brought death and destruction to the UK. Both have been and are still supported by sizeable numbers of OF fans. Both clubs have stood idly by while such support has been voiced by their fans. They can both get to feck.

Charlie-Brown
Both republican and loyalist paramilitaries brought death and destruction to the UK. Both have been and are still supported by sizeable numbers of OF fans. Both clubs have stood idly by while such support has been voiced by their fans. They can both get to feck.

Correct!

Dagger Is Back
I'd wager a sizeable proportion of Hearts fans are also republicans.Would you also consider those Hearts fans as "the enemy"?[/quote]

Yes! Just the same as if we had a sizeable proportion of our fans supporting Al Queda I'd consider them the enemy too. Bit of a stupid question really. Surely you'd consider anyone who supports an organisation who are out to kill your people the enemy?

Then again maybe not.

Dagger Is Back

Couldn't agree more. Hate them both as I've said already and the mini huns chants today really did hurt!

Yes! Just the same as if we had a sizeable proportion of our fans supporting Al Queda I'd consider them the enemy too. Bit of a stupid question really. Surely you'd consider anyone who supports an organisation who are out to kill your people the enemy?

Then again maybe not.

Do you actually know what a republican is?

I was thinking that too. I'm a republican, which means I support the republic as my preferred form of government (given that benevolent oligarchies don't work in practice). Should I be ashamed in some way?

I was thinking that too. I'm a republican, which means I support the republic as my preferred form of government (given that benevolent oligarchies don't work in practice). Should I be ashamed in some way?

Apparently, you are out to kill your people.

Dagger Is Back

I take it we're talking about Irish republicans here? Yes I know what a republican is.

I don't like Irish republicans - never have and never will. Don't like those who supported this methods and never will.

I'm getting bored now - let's just leave it as a difference of opinions shall we?

Dagger Is Back
Apparently, you are out to kill your people.

Oh come on we all know who we're talking about. We're not talking about Scottish republicans or any other republicans who try to achieve their end aims through peaceful means. Don't just quote one part of a post and present it out of context.

We're talking about terrorist murdering bar stewards.

By far the most repugnant and repellant organisations in the world.That is all!

:107years:

The Khymer Rouge were far worse.

That is all !

Malinga the Swinga
Couldn't agree more. Hate them both as I've said already and the mini huns chants today really did hurt!

Celtic and rangers are either side of the same vile coin. When it suits them, they make pretend attackes on each other, but when their duopoly is at stake, they will protect each others interests to the end. I hate them both.

As a 'hand wringing, pc bleeding heart' I detest both the OF. They have both maintained and even encouraged the vile sectarianism that blights Scottish football. They wouldnt have become the massive, dominating institutions they are today without religion/sectarianism - it feed the fires of their rivalries and attracted a rabid following. Yet over the years, behind closed doors, make no mistake, the OF meet and work together often to their mutual benefit - think the 5% ticket charge, the Sky tv money, the constant canvassing to get into the English Premiership. They know whats good for one is equally good for the other.

The joint OF empire is the reason Hearts (and other Scottish clubs) have had so little success over the years and it is an empire built on bigotry but also mutual benefit.

Archived