Obooooooooooooooa back in training...

Clerry Jambo

He got a hard time of it for a wee while but the point is he is one of our star players now so Obua can do the same and show himself to be a good player.

You've went from "Driver was hated when he first started playing for Hearts" to "He got a hard time of it for a wee while".

I'm not sure he is, to be honest. I remember him getting dog's abuse at one stage myself.

I'll back it up.

I remember it being particularly common around the beginning of last season.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I'll back it up.

I remember it being particularly common around the beginning of last season.

I'm not sure he is, to be honest. I remember him getting dog's abuse at one stage myself.

Fair enough.

I can't mind him ever being hated but I may have missed it ... nothing would surprise me on here!

Anyway, he is proving the doubters wrong. :)

I think it has been done with other countries in the home nations (not just england and scotland.) Driver played for Scottish schoolboys. Think Owen is an example, should be really welsh but england broke rules to get him.

Sorry bud but(I used to think that as well)owen was born in Chester,I'm sure his dad's welsh but he was defo born in England.

I think it's the fact that it's right on the border between England and Wales and his parent/parents that caused the confusion.

I'm sure Giggs played for Englands schools as well but had no choice but to play for Wales due to the "gentlmans agreement" thingy.

Now Cascarino,thats a different story altogether.

Driver was hated when he first started playing for Hearts and Obua now gets it tight. It is no surprise really.

What utter guff,end off.

england have done it with gabriel agbohnlahor at villa he's half scottish half nigerian but grew up in england

Born in Birmingham.

Fair enough.

I can't mind him ever being hated but I may have missed it ... nothing would surprise me on here!

Anyway, he is proving the doubters wrong. :)

I wouldn't go as far as hated, but he certainly got a bit of a hard time on here for a short while.

Obua's first game was an excellent debut. Airdrie was a disaster. I was too drunk to comment on Hamilton. The guy deserves a chance.

jamboinglasgow
Sorry bud but(I used to think that as well)owen was born in Chester,I'm sure his dad's welsh but he was defo born in England.

I think it's the fact that it's right on the border between England and Wales and his parent/parents that caused the confusion.

I'm sure Giggs played for Englands schools as well but had no choice but to play for Wales due to the "gentlmans agreement" thingy.

Now Cascarino,thats a different story altogether.

ah rite, thanks for that.

The guy deserves a chance.

No. No. No.

He's had his chance. He won't bring anything to the team.

HE'S PISH.

Robbie Neilson returning is something different altogether mind.

No. No. No.

HE'S PISH.

You're right 3 games is sufficient. Why did Arsenal keep Dennis Berkamp after his horrendous start?

You're right 3 games is sufficient. Why did Arsenal keep Dennis Berkamp after his horrendous start?

:laugh:

I think he was being facetious Dave.

:laugh:

You might go over to Hibs.net and laugh about that but I wasn't comparing the 2 football wise. Not like Fletcher and Raul.

No. No. No.

HE'S PISH.

nope, i think their has been evedence of a descent player given the few times we have seen him, ok he hasnt been overly convincing, but given a coupe of more games under his belt we will have a better idea.

neilson returning is good as well i suppose, ok he aint the greatest but he is a solid performer.

I fully appreciate that given my absence from here over the last few months, intellectual humour will have been on the slide, but Jesus Christ, this is hard work.

chester copperpot
I fully appreciate that given my absence from here over the last few months, intellectual humour will have been on the slide, but Jesus Christ, this is hard work.

Welcome back mate, although given the amount of PM's we've had, it feels like you've never left. :)

Toxteth O'Grady

Why not keep yourself amused by correcting their grammar and spelling ;)

Welcome back mate, although given the amount of PM's we've had, it feels like you've never left. :)

Cheers Andy.

:thumb:

I raise you all - Coco maybe you loved him, I don't know - Mr Steven Pressley. Widely hated and the focal point of much vitriol in his first few games. Clown behind me stated worst played he'd ever seen in Hearts jersey. Maybe not the most popular man in Gorgie these days but a great Hearts player

I hope Obua ferkin rocks. And if bein a jambo - man-oh!.. a fitba fan - isn't about hope, then what is?

Supporting Hearts and I reckon 99.9% of other teams is about waiting in hope for next Saturday and if I ever lose that, I'll give up and start watchin blimmin rugby!

Noone deserves dropped in midfield at the mo. If Csaba changes things, lets hope it works - could be genius!!! If it doesn't, he'll die by his mistakes.

chester copperpot
Thought he looked decent on his debut.

I'd try him upfront. He knows how to score.

Does he.

He was played just off the striker in the game against Falkirk, he was honking. I suppose its only one game though, so maybe worth another shout.

I raise you all - Coco maybe you loved him, I don't know - Mr Steven Pressley. Widely hated and the focal point of much vitriol in his first few games. Clown behind me stated worst played he'd ever seen in Hearts jersey. Maybe not the most popular man in Gorgie these days but a great Hearts player

I hope Obua ferkin rocks. And if bein a jambo - man-oh!.. a fitba fan - isn't about hope, then what is?

Supporting Hearts and I reckon 99.9% of other teams is about waiting in hope for next Saturday and if I ever lose that, I'll give up and start watchin blimmin rugby!

Noone deserves dropped in midfield at the mo. If Csaba changes things, lets hope it works - could be genius!!! If it doesn't, he'll die by his mistakes.

I'd watched Pressley play as a youth for Rangers in the Champions League. Fell off the radar a bit when he went down south. But then saw him excel with Dundee United, become their best player at the time, and was delighted when he signed for Hearts. I knew he was a quality player and he proved it at Hearts.

Obua, I hope that he is a very good player. I have no idea of whether his poor performances in his first couple of games are just him settling in Flogel style or whether that is all he can give. He did not give the impression of a player who will suit the SPL at all. But, my point was that he wouldn't improve the first team - replacing Aguiar, Stewart, Wallace or Driver at this point. I don't think that is actually controversial given the form of each of them.

england have done it with gabriel agbohnlahor at villa he's half scottish half nigerian but grew up in england

Agbohglahor was born in England though. Andy Driver was born in England, to English parents with English ancestry. I'd love to see him play for Scotland as I think he is the best British born wide player in Scotland and I include Maloney and McGeady in that assessment.

I'd watched Pressley play as a youth for Rangers in the Champions League. Fell off the radar a bit when he went down south. But then saw him excel with Dundee United, become their best player at the time, and was delighted when he signed for Hearts. I knew he was a quality player and he proved it at Hearts.

Obua, I hope that he is a very good player. I have no idea of whether his poor performances in his first couple of games are just him settling in Flogel style or whether that is all he can give. He did not give the impression of a player who will suit the SPL at all. But, my point was that he wouldn't improve the first team - replacing Aguiar, Stewart, Wallace or Driver at this point. I don't think that is actually controversial given the form of each of them.

I don't think anyone can disagree with that Coco. The players currently in the positions Obua can play are all currently in good form. It would be a different story if Obua could play centre forward or right sided centre half where we currently have players who are underperforming.

Archived