Obooooooooooooooa back in training...

Clerry Jambo

Refused to comment on whether he is appealing a touchline ban?

The Hearts site has said that he is appealing the ban! :rofl:

As for Obua, I don't think we would be a stronger team with him in it.

That is indeed a fact at the current time until we see more of him

Nucky Thompson

Based on the 1.5 appearances you seen him in:rolleyes:

Re the Driver for Scotland thing, does he have a Scottish parent or grandparent or would it be along the same lines as the Novo thing?

I'm pretty sure there was an article in the Evening News in the last year or two stating that Driver couln't play for Scotland unfortunately.

jamboinglasgow
I'm pretty sure there was an article in the Evening News in the last year or two stating that Driver couln't play for Scotland unfortunately.

sure there is something about a gentlemans agreement between England and Scotland that would mean Driver has to play for England, but England has broken it many times.

alwaysthereinspirit

Your scouting talents are wasted on this board.

You're no ordinary scout. You Sir are like a "super scout"

sure there is something about a gentlemans agreement between England and Scotland that would mean Driver has to play for England, but England has broken it many times.

Don't know if they have mate,can't really think of someone born and bred in Scotland who has played for any of the home nations,I am willing to be proved wrong though if it can help get Driver into the Scotland set up.

Based on the 1.5 appearances you seen him in:rolleyes:

Oh yes, Didn't you know, Coco knows everything about any player that he watches for only 2 games. :rolleyes:

Hopefully his time in the stands watching has taught him something about the pace of Scottish football. That said, in year Audrey still hasn't figured that out yet.

Your scouting talents are wasted on this board.

You're no ordinary scout. You Sir are like a "super scout"

:4_1_72:

I really hope you are being sarcastic.

Guest JamboRobbo

Usual "everything is wonderful" crew having a go at Coco for giving an opinion on football matters I see.

I know who I see repeatedly talking sense about football matters. And it ain't the folks laughing at Coco.

Hopefully his time in the stands watching has taught him something about the pace of Scottish football. That said, in year Audrey still hasn't figured that out yet.

He's actually gotten slower.

Don't know if they have mate,can't really think of someone born and bred in Scotland who has played for any of the home nations,I am willing to be proved wrong though if it can help get Driver into the Scotland set up.

I think it's more to do with people taking residency and getting caps that way, rather than a Scot becoming English etc.

e.g. John Barnes, Matt Le Tissier, Graeme Le Saux

Usual "everything is wonderful" crew having a go at Coco for giving an opinion on football matters I see.

I know who I see repeatedly talking sense about football matters. And it ain't the folks laughing at Coco.

JR, I am not avin a go at Coco, but do YOU agree you can judge a player on 1.5 appearances??

I think what they are saying is that, to judge a player on one and a half games, is ridiculous. I'm probably wrong but, if memory serves, the next time Coco has anything positive to say about Hearts will be the first time. It's not a case of "everything is wonderful" as you put it. It's just that constant negativity gets peoples' backs up.

JR, I am not avin a go at Coco, but do YOU agree you can judge a player on 1.5 appearances??

Even less mate,15 mins or so,I give you Klimek.

Guest JamboRobbo

Csaba says he can judge one and sign one based on 20 minutes (tullberg I think it was). :P

In normal football teams, where they sign players that are there or there abouts of the required standard, then it's hard to judge players that quickly.

At HMFC, when we at times sign and play palyers who are completely out of their depth, e.g Kurskis or Beniuseless, I don't think it takes as long as a game and a half to see that they are out of their depth. And myself and Coco have been in the minority on here who have said so at the time.

As for Obua, I think he'll do ok just needs to get up to speed with SPL.

Which player would drop out for Obua to go into the team in order to make it stronger?

Driver? Aguiar? Wallace? Stewart?

Which player would drop out for Obua to go into the team in order to make it stronger?

Please refer to Post #3

Guest JamboRobbo
Please refer to Post #3

Dissapointed to find there was no mention of Zaliuakis in that post. the one player who we could strengthen the team just by taking him out and playing with 10. :P;)

Karipidis?

Can I raise you a certain Ricardo Fuller!:P

No,RF did look a bit of a crap player on his first outing but you could still see there was a player their,unlike Klimek who looked like bambi on ice and totaly out of his depth playing football at any level,he kicked the ball further trying to controle it than he did when he tried to pass the fecking thing.

Karipidis?

I am not a fan of Karipidis in midfield but he has brought some positional discipline to the midfield.

I don't think any of our other midfielders who play in the current first team could step into that role (other than Jonsson who apparently can't play with his back to the oppositional goal). So it would be a very attack focused lightweight midfield if Obua did play.

Dissapointed to find there was no mention of Zaliuakis in that post. the one player who we could strengthen the team just by taking him out and playing with 10. :P;)

I am 500% in agreement with you there JR, if that's possible:p

I think I have exhausted all my opinions on that bombscare for long enough, so unless u want to start a "Bombscare" thread we'll leave well alone:rolleyes:

jamboinglasgow

I think it has been done with other countries in the home nations (not just england and scotland.) Driver played for Scottish schoolboys. Think Owen is an example, should be really welsh but england broke rules to get him.

Obua has less than impressed in his two games and Coco's point is certainly valid.

Obua has not shown (in those two games) that he is any better than Aguiar, Driver or Wallace in their positions.

Of course that doesn't mean Obua isn't a decent player, but Coco shouldn't be slated for a pretty fair opinion.

Obua has less than impressed in his two games

Correct. He looks a lanky streak of pesh, nothing more. Having said that, I'm willing to give him a chance.

Toxteth O'Grady
Obua has less than impressed in his two games and Coco's point is certainly valid.

Obua has not shown (in those two games) that he is any better than Aguiar, Driver or Wallace in their positions.

Of course that doesn't mean Obua isn't a decent player, but Coco shouldn't be slated for a pretty fair opinion.

Correct, he was honking against a first division team, he wouldn't even try to beat a man and his shooting, free kicks and penalty were awful.

He has done nothing to suggest he should be in the team, give him a spell in the reserves and if he impresses then fair enough.

Driver was hated when he first started playing for Hearts and Obua now gets it tight. It is no surprise really.

Was he?

Charlie-Brown
Correct, he was honking against a first division team, he wouldn't even try to beat a man and his shooting, free kicks and penalty were awful.

He has done nothing to suggest he should be in the team, give him a spell in the reserves and if he impresses then fair enough.

He hasn't proved anything to us (fans) so far in a Hearts jersey that he deserves a staring place however as he has previous with the manager we have to assume that the manager knows well what he's capable of & that is why he wanted to sign him in the first place?

Have to admit I've not saw him play as i couldnt attend the games he was playing but by all accounts he looked pretty hopeless. For what it's worth i think you can judge a player after a couple of games. You just know if someone has it or not. Though like i say I've not saw him play to pass a personal judgement.

Toxteth O'Grady
He hasn't proved anything to us (fans) so far in a Hearts jersey that he deserves a staring place however as he has previous with the manager we have to assume that the manager knows well what he's capable of & that is why he wanted to sign him in the first place?

Charlie is back! Much better than that NMH guy

Aye Csaba obviously sees something in him, I'd prefer him to show us what it is in the reserves before putting him back into the first team.

He has got to be the first player ever to get injured by sitting on a plane, cannae say I'm impressed.

Driver was hated when he first started playing for Hearts and Obua now gets it tight. It is no surprise really.

No he wasn't.

He set up at least one, maybe two goals in his first ever game for the top team (friendly vs Preston.) Then scored after coming of the bench in his first competive game.

No he wasn't.

He set up at least one, maybe two goals in his first ever game for the top team (friendly vs Preston.) Then scored after coming of the bench in his first competive game.

A dozen or so games in and he was not good enough for Hearts and he should not play for the club again.

I remember arguing his case on here.

We should drop Ruben and bring in Obua and let him and Nade bombard that awful Celtic defence with their presence.

I understand Obua scores most of his goals for Uganda with his head, something we have been lacking for some time.

I understand Obua scores most of his goals for Uganda with his head, something we have been lacking for some time.

:rolleyes:

From what I've seen of him, Obua has all the physical presence of a pipe cleaner. He makes Nhakamura seem like a cage fighter.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
A dozen or so games in and he was not good enough for Hearts and he should not play for the club again.

I remember arguing his case on here.

Think you are making that up pal.

He scored against Inverness and has never been abused on Kickback. Folk have said he lacked the final pass or shot which was true at the time.

england have done it with gabriel agbohnlahor at villa he's half scottish half nigerian but grew up in england

Think you are making that up pal.

He scored against Inverness and has never been abused on Kickback. Folk have said he lacked the final pass or shot which was true at the time.

I'm not sure he is, to be honest. I remember him getting dog's abuse at one stage myself.

I'm not sure he is, to be honest. I remember him getting dog's abuse at one stage myself.

He got a hard time of it for a wee while but the point is he is one of our star players now so Obua can do the same and show himself to be a good player.

Archived