Quantum Of Solace

bighusref

Just back from seeing Quantum. I found it to be a mixed bag, I found it quite enjoyable. I like the direction they are taking Bond's character and the story was OK, not OTT outrageous like a lot of the other films.

However (rant begins here) I don't understand the praise for the action sequences and direction. I thought the action scenes early on in particular were pretty awful tbh. I heard they had taken on a lot of technical crew from the Bourne team and it shows, the opening two action sequences look like they were ripped out of The Bourne Ultimatum. I thought the weak point of the Bourne series was, as with this film, was the dreadful cinematography and craptastic style of directing/editing that was also on show in the new Batman films. It totally wasted the good work of the stunt/sfx team. Sorry but what is the point of going to the bother of staging extravagant stunts, combat scenes and explosions if you can't see what the **** is going on? I wish they would get over this trend for using handhled cameras in shakey hands and get back to the ART of directing. Most of the current crop of directors couldn't direct their boaby up a *****.

Sorry but what is the point of going to the bother of staging extravagant stunts, combat scenes and explosions if you can't see what the **** is going on? I wish they would get over this trend for using handhled cameras in shakey hands and get back to the ART of directing.

Yep, gotta agree with that. I saw the film today, and I quite enjoyed it (not a Bond fan, me). But the filming of the action sequences didn't work for me at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed it.

The Bond films don't have to be the 'same' in order to make them fun. I've liked all the Bonds apart from Dalton, each have their charms. Connery and Craig closest to the Bond of the Ian Fleming books of course.

A fantastic Bond girl - any word on whether she would make a return in later films?

But the worst Bond theme ever - excruciatingly bad.

Archived