Question About Kickback

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

One of the most popular phrases on here is 'there goes my tea/beer/coffee/lemonade all over the computer screen' when someone says something funny.

Now this is for the people that use this phrase - do you HONESTLY spit out whatever is in your mouth all over your screen and if so why?

I don't believe one person has ever done that. Nothing on a forum can be that funny.

If you can't control your mouth to an extent where you damage your property then I suggest you go to the doctor!

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

i havent on kickback but watchin my downloaded family guys dvd's yes i have.

I have been very close on certian occasions, reading a post at a certain time in a certain mood will get me literally laughing out loud.

Certain posts are very funny, and certain posters can be very funny.

And in certain conspiracy based threads, you get unintentionally funny posts and posters, eh eh ;) :107years:

chester copperpot
;)

There goes my tea all over the computer screen.

I have actually done this on a few occassions, but its normally when I've been drinking and my bevvy has came down my nose or something. Not over the computer screen but people feel a need to exaggerate on an internet forum, I've told you that a million times. :)

I have done it at least once that I'm aware of in response to a JKB post. No kidding, I actually do have a problem with that and have learned not to drink liquid when there's any remote possibility of laughter.

At a friend's birthday party when I was about 10, I accidentally sprayed juice all over the birthday cake and tried to mop it up with red napkins...which left the icing all pink and covered in soggy paper. The birthday boy's mum was less than impressed with me and I've been cautious ever since.

:blush:

It's no laughing matter AP. It's an affliction.

Toxteth O'Grady
I have done it at least once that I'm aware of in response to a JKB post. No kidding, I actually do have a problem with that and have learned not to drink liquid when there's any remote possibility of laughter.

At a friend's birthday party when I was about 10, I accidentally sprayed juice all over the birthday cake and tried to mop it up with red napkins...which left the icing all pink and covered in soggy paper. The birthday boy's mum was less than impressed with me and I've been cautious ever since.

:blush:

It's no laughing matter AP. It's an affliction.

http://www.tena.co.uk/)

One of the most popular phrases on here is 'there goes my tea/beer/coffee/lemonade all over the computer screen' when someone says something funny.

Now this is for the people that use this phrase - do you HONESTLY spit out whatever is in your mouth all over your screen and if so why?

I don't believe one person has ever done that. Nothing on a forum can be that funny.

If you can't control your mouth to an extent where you damage your property then I suggest you go to the doctor!

i laughed so hard once i had 'kenco coming out of my nostrils' :P

Dunno about all over the screen but I once almost choked to death at work reading kickback. It was a thread just before THE semi final about excuses Tony Mowbray would make for losing and was hilarious, I was trying to be discreet, the effort of keeping the laughter in was making my face go beetroot, I thought drinking some water would help but then read something else on the thread, water went down the wrong way cue almost choking.

Lots of funny stares coming my way (but no one offered to help me ....) I read the rest of the thread at home.

If I'd been drinking something when reading a post like this, then probably, yes!

Happened to me in the boozer last night after a visit to the curry house, had to use both socks to get the old ringpiece sorted out.

There are certain posters on Kickback who make me laugh out loud when I read their posts, I nearly choked on my drink one night when a certain poster came on JKB totally peshed and was clearly typing with boxing gloves on

I don't mind people saying that, but what does get on my tits is people typing 'lol'. I mean wtf, that's what 10 year old kids use in texts. Female members (not all) tend to use it more.

However, it won't annoy me when people type 'lol' in response to this post.

It's an exaggerated phrase, just like rofl (as in Rolling on the floor laughing). I find it hard to believe anybody is actually rolling on the floor laughing.

:rofl:

Good smiley though ;)

"I got pished last night. lol"

"A dog passed my house. lol"

"I don't know what time I got home. lol"

And so on...

There's just no need for it. Most of the time the comment isn't even remotely funny.

Archived