Wee Davie Templeton...

Gimme an H...

Gimme an H...

Just watched the reserves derby defeat to the Hibs first team. Our team had no first teamers in it, looked more like a under 19 team to me, the Hibs had a team full of first teamers and still struggled against a team that hopefully shows that we have a very bright future.

Special praise goes to David Templeton though, absolutely magic he was. Wee tricks, turns, brilliant touch, amazing technique for someone so young, how old is he? 18/19? His free kick was really unlucky and again showed great technique to get it up and over and down. Going by the highlights he was MOTM by a mile and made the hibs players look even more pash than they already are.

On another note, hate to bang on about how bad he is but some people have it, some people can work towards it, but some people just dont have it and never will have it and that sums up Jamie Mole in a nutshell.

Just watched the reserves derby defeat to the Hibs first team. Our team had no first teamers in it, looked more like a under 19 team to me, the Hibs had a team full of first teamers and still struggled against a team that hopefully shows that we have a very bright future.

Special praise goes to David Templeton though, absolutely magic he was. Wee tricks, turns, brilliant touch, amazing technique for someone so young, how old is he? 18/19? His free kick was really unlucky and again showed great technique to get it up and over and down. Going by the highlights he was MOTM by a mile and made the hibs players look even more pash than they already are.

On another note, hate to bang on about how bad he is but some people have it, some people can work towards it, but some people just dont have it and never will have it and that sums up Jamie Mole in a nutshell.

:rolleyes:

Sexton Hardcastle

Just watched the highlights as well. He does look a cracking prospect. Whats his actual position? Seemed to play well in CM but in would get knocked about a fair bit in the first team as there isnt much to him.

Would be happy to see him getting a go anyway.

Susie-Jambo-66

Jamie Mole and Makela were both playing and aren't u19

:107years:

Gimme an H...
Jamie Mole and Makela were both playing and aren't u19

:107years:

The main point of the thread was to point out how good a prospect Templeton looks, the refernces to first teamers and under19's was mainly to show how bad Hibs are.

I'm thoroughly aware that Mole has played in the first team this season as has Makela. However you cant refer to Makela as a first teamer as he's played more reserve games than first team games. Mole hasn't started in the first team for 2 weeks.

I take it you dont have anything else to add to the positive tone of the thread other than nit-picking my post and calling me a Hibs fan?

Dont ever call me that again please.

MackaysCentreSpot

You did state this (in bold) but it was not the case.

Gimme an H...
You did state this (in bold) but it was not the case.

It was meant to be sarcasm.

And to be honest I dont class Mole or Makela as first team players.

Both murder.

MackaysCentreSpot
It was meant to be sarcasm.

And to be honest I dont class Mole or Makela as first team players.

Both murder.

Murder......thats being very kind.

:P

Guest juvehearts
Murder......thats being very kind.

:P

very kind indeed!

i cant really what i think about these two as it would end up being something like this.......

mod edit mod edit mod edit mod edit mod edit

Good to hear wee Davey T is starting to come good, some concerns on here a few years back that he wouldn't cut the mustard.

Annoys me that we we have good youth but get this "too young" mullarkey from certain sections. Wallcot and Ramsey played Champions League football two weeks ago and they're both younger than Templeton.

Get templeton in the first team squad, in place of both mole and makela. Why keep a young guy who is eager to impress in the reserves and continue to put the likes of mole / makela on the bench, when quite clearly they aren't up to it.

Get templeton in the first team squad, in place of both mole and makela. Why keep a young guy who is eager to impress in the reserves and continue to put the likes of mole / makela on the bench, when quite clearly they aren't up to it.

ARHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH!!! Your avatar just gave me the fright of my life.

From what I read on here, it was reported he was a player but needed to put on a bit of weight. Has he filled out any ???

From what i have seen of Templeton he looks good.

Mole is pish and nade has missed far too many good chances last couple of games would like to see him and Glen given a chance.

our other strikers are that pish we have nowt to lose!

Charlie-Brown
From what i have seen of Templeton he looks good.

Mole is pish and nade has missed far too many good chances last couple of games would like to see him and Glen given a chance.

our other strikers are that pish we have nowt to lose!

You would still need a main striker or target-man to win the ball against SPL defenders, Glen & Templeton are good players and could play beside or behind a centre-forward or also on the flanks but you couldn't use them to win headers or hold the ball up against the likes of Lee Wilkie & other centre backs etc as they aint robust enough.

You would still need a main striker or target-man to win the ball against SPL defenders, Glen & Templeton are good players and could play beside or behind a centre-forward or also on the flanks but you couldn't use them to win headers or hold the ball up against the likes of Lee Wilkie & other centre backs etc as they aint robust enough.

Glenis a great prospect but he needs to buckle down and show a good attitude in training rather than currently turning up late after bein oout on the town with his pals.

Templeton looks a decent player his dad henry used to play for Ayr and was called diego marahenry! He could be useful playing in the hole although i fear he wont get as many chances because of his pyhsical stature and thought of being to lightweight for the SPL,

On another note where is Ryan McGowan gone?

Glenis a great prospect but he needs to buckle down and show a good attitude in training rather than currently turning up late after bein oout on the town with his pals.

Templeton looks a decent player his dad henry used to play for Ayr and was called diego marahenry! He could be useful playing in the hole although i fear he wont get as many chances because of his pyhsical stature and thought of being to lightweight for the SPL,

On another note where is Ryan McGowan gone?

Ryan's on international duty.

Templeton was absolutely fantastic in the reserve game and really looked at home in the 'hole' (the Bruno Aguiar position). If Aguiar got injured, touch wood, I'd have Templeton in the first team in that role ahead of anyone else.

He looked pretty good in the pre-season against Dunfermline as did Husband. Bu then again I would have looked good that night. I left East End Park thoroughly depressed.

jamboinglasgow
Good to hear wee Davey T is starting to come good, some concerns on here a few years back that he wouldn't cut the mustard.

Annoys me that we we have good youth but get this "too young" mullarkey from certain sections. Wallcot and Ramsey played Champions League football two weeks ago and they're both younger than Templeton.

I think you have to remember that a player may a great prospect but he needs a system around him that will accomdate him and his youthfulness. I do apprecate that some players can break through really young like Theo and Ramsey but the Arsenal system and Arsene Wenger are perfect for young players to come in. Csaba can do that but as annoying as it sounds, he needs time to get the system right for this to happen. He is doing this with the reserves and the U19s where it will build up youngsters to the right level. With the right time he will get the first team to a level when he can happily bring in youngsters, I think we are not near enough to that level yet.

Also remember that both Theo and Ramsey played championship football before moving to the premiership so have had experence of first team level, making it easier for them to be in the first team.

Saying that I would love to see Rapnik, McGowen, Templeton and even Husband at least coming off the bench.

Templeton was absolutely fantastic in the reserve game and really looked at home in the 'hole' (the Bruno Aguiar position). If Aguiar got injured, touch wood, I'd have Templeton in the first team in that role ahead of anyone else.

Cant remember Aguiar EVER playing "in the hole" He definetly hasnt played there since he came back and I dont think he'd be very effective there either.

You do know what "in the hole" means yeh ?

I watched him in both the reserves a few times ( ~ 12-18 months ago ) and also when he had spell at Raith.

No doubt he has skill but at the time I did think he needed to fill out ( is that still the case ?? )

Then again - a certain team from Glasgay have two small guys who play for them who seem to do well against other teams in the SPL - so I would think a sub appearances in the first team would not be a bad thing to help his Hearts career.

He was streets ahead of anyone else on Tuesday, including all the Hibs players with first team experience, and that was the best performance I have seen from him. He is small but, with the ball at his feet, he could make some SPL defenders (the likes of Wilkie etc.) look very silly. I wouldn't hesitate to give him a go in the first team. As I said in another thread, he got subbed early on Tuesday and that is often a sign that a player is being lined up for the next first team game. This seems a strange one to try him in but, with the slowness of the Celtic central defence, he could be a big threat. I don't think Caldwell could cope with him.

As an aside, I didn't realise his dad was the ex-Ayr United player. He was very skilful and just didn't quite make it to a higher level.

I heard that there were no recognised coaches at the game, can anyone confirm? If so how the hell can he expect to be promoted to the first team?

I heard that there were no recognised coaches at the game, can anyone confirm? If so how the hell can he expect to be promoted to the first team?

Does Laszlo go to the games? If not is he really masterminding these guys' development and judging when they are ready for the first team?

Cant remember Aguiar EVER playing "in the hole" He definetly hasnt played there since he came back and I dont think he'd be very effective there either.

Playing in the hole is the role of what Football Manager would class as the attacking midfielder (centre). The role of a player to play off the striker(s) but ahead of the midfield. While we may have classed players like Hartley and Cameron as attacking midfielders, you wouldn't have classed them as playing 'in the hole' as they were more box to box midfielders. Bruno's role has far more emphasis on attack.

Since Aguiar came back this is exactly what he has done in the last two games, in the same way that Ksanavicius, Obua, Kingston and Mole have all done this season.

The main point of the thread was to point out how good a prospect Templeton looks

Prospect?

Hes 20.

Will never make the team under Vlad now.

jamboinglasgow
Prospect?

Hes 20.

actully, he is 19. He turns 20 in Feb.

though I hope you are being sarcastic.

Charlie-Brown
Prospect?

Hes 20.

Templeton along with Husband & Mole already formed an attacking trio in the first team at Dunfermline pre-season - overall it wasn't a very good team performance from the team but we played much better and were more threatening & looking much more like scoring in the last 30 minutes when the kids came on.

Not a bad explanation on wiki:

Deep-lying forward (SS)

Deep-lying forwards have a long history in the game' date=' but the terminology to describe them has varied over the years. Originally such players were termed inside forwards, or deep-lying centre forwards. More recently, the preferred terms have been "withdrawn striker", "second striker" or playing "in the hole" (i.e. the space between the midfield and defence of the opposing team).

The position was initially developed by the famous Hungary national football team of the late 1940s and mid-1950s led by Ferenc Pusk?s. Later, it was popularised in Italian football as the trequartista ("three-quarters"), the playmaker who plays neither in midfield nor as a forward, but effectively pulls the strings for his team's attack. Many players in this position can play as an attacking midfielder or sometimes on the wing. These players usually hang off the last man so they can beat him for pace.

Whatever the terminology, the position itself is a loosely-defined one somewhere between the out-and-out striker and the midfield. Such a player is either a skilful, attack-minded midfielder or a striker who can both score and create opportunities for centre forwards. Widely-known former deep-lying forwards include Pel?, Diego Maradona, Zico, Roberto Baggio, Eric Cantona, Dennis Bergkamp and Gianfranco Zola.

Many attacking midfielders have also been employed in this area by club and country, including Zinedine Zidane for France, and Francesco Totti for Italy.

[/quote']

So Shabba sees Bruno as the new Puskas!

As an old goat, my terrible trio were - Bowman, Robertson and Mackay - how old were they when they made it to the first team? Try him for 30 mins at least!:)

Not a bad explanation on wiki:

So Shabba sees Bruno as the new Puskas!

Pretty much what I saw it as. Do you know what 'in the hole' means OAG?

Templeton along with Husband & Mole already formed an attacking trio in the first team at Dunfermline pre-season - overall it wasn't a very good team performance from the team but we played much better and were more threatening & looking much more like scoring in the last 30 minutes when the kids came on.

So why not start easing them into the first team?

We're clearly playing for nothing this season and a few 20 or 30 minutes would be a great test to see if they are ready for the step up.

Pointless persevering with Audrey for example. He neither has sell on value, greater potential than he has already shown or enough form of any note to justify his existence.

Mole has had his chance for now IMO

Glen is in the dog house

Even Celtic have given that Sheridan lad a chance.

We need to start walking the "youth" walk IMO and not just the talk

I've never had this 'too wee' problem with Temps, I just always thought he was too greedy with the ball. Needed to beat his man twice or more. But he seems to be passing it a bit more now.

I've never had this 'too wee' problem with Temps, I just always thought he was too greedy with the ball. Needed to beat his man twice or more. But he seems to be passing it a bit more now.

Its a football cliche IMO

In any event its an unfulfilled prophecy. The claim cant be proven until it has been tested.

Its like saying he is too young

Nevin, McGeady, Walcott. Owen when he first started.

Teeny

jamboinglasgow
Its a football cliche IMO

In any event its an unfulfilled prophecy. The claim cant be proven until it has been tested.

Its like saying he is too young

Nevin, McGeady, Walcott. Owen when he first started.

Teeny

I agree it goes on and on, if Argentina went with a front three of Messi, Kun Aguero and tevez, the smallest would be 5ft 6 1/2 and the tallest would be 5ft 8 1/2 and that would be a front three any team would want.

Small players learn how to get past big players so are usually more skillful, Templeton is one of these such players.

The downside of all this is that if Templeton is playing as well as people say, it must be disconcerting for him (and others like him) that he does not even get a seat on the bench. Not much encouragement it seems.

Good point, JamboAl - where's the reward for good performance? He should be at least on the bench, he's earned the chance!

Maybe it's because there is no place for his type of player in our strict formation!:(

I agree. He does seem to involve his team mates more now. As for "too young" and "too small". I remember Celtic giving a chance to a 17 year old winger who was about 5' 2" and weighed about 6 stone in a game against us at Tynecastle. He proceeded to give Davie Holt (an international left back) the runaround. The name? Jimmy Johnstone! If they are good enough they are old enough and size, as they say, does not matter!

I'm not comparing him to Jinky, he's a different type of player, but some of the tricks he displayed on Tuesday were right up there with the best.

Does Laszlo go to the games? If not is he really masterminding these guys' development and judging when they are ready for the first team?

He normally does but I didn't see him at Livvy.

Good point, JamboAl - where's the reward for good performance? He should be at least on the bench, he's earned the chance!

Maybe it's because there is no place for his type of player in our strict formation!:(

A meritocracy hasnt really existed at Hearts since Burley was here

So why not start easing them into the first team?

We're clearly playing for nothing this season and a few 20 or 30 minutes would be a great test to see if they are ready for the step up.

Pointless persevering with Audrey for example. He neither has sell on value, greater potential than he has already shown or enough form of any note to justify his existence.

Mole has had his chance for now IMO

Glen is in the dog house

Even Celtic have given that Sheridan lad a chance.

We need to start walking the "youth" walk IMO and not just the talk

You just complained about apathy on another thread and now you appear to be saying we have nothing to play for.

Surely we are playing to get 3rd place and a way back into Europe? Or do you see two points behind 3rd with only 10 games played a hurdle we can't overcome?

Pretty much what I saw it as. Do you know what 'in the hole' means OAG?

Yes, and Aquiar has NEVER played in the hole for Hearts for any part of any game, and he's not equipped to play in the hole.

For "in the hole" look up Teddy Sheringham or someone like that

Aquiar is your typical central midfield player, attack minded yes, in the hole, no.........never.

You just complained about apathy on another thread and now you appear to be saying we have nothing to play for.

Surely we are playing to get 3rd place and a way back into Europe? Or do you see two points behind 3rd with only 10 games played a hurdle we can't overcome?

The fans are apathetic

The club set-up indicates we are not playing for anything other than consolidation

Entirely consistent.

I tell you this - if we are forced to sell 2 or 3 of our assets (say Kingston, Berra and Driver) in January, we'd damn well better be further away from the bottom of the table than we are just now.

Given our scoring and defending problems mate (which have not been resolved since game 1) we should be looking over our shoulder more than up the table.

We are nowhere near good enough for 3rd.

We are nowhere near good enough for 3rd.

It shows you how poor this league is because the fact is we ARE good enough for 3rd place.

Having said that we're also bad enough for bottom place if that makes sense.

It shows you how poor this league is because the fact is we ARE good enough for 3rd place.

Having said that we're also bad enough for bottom place if that makes sense.

I'd say we are well behind Dundee Utd

No chance in hell we'd ever win 6 on the trot (cups included)

We have only won 3 in a row twice since Burley left

But you are right I guess. We need to watch out behind us just as much as look ahead. Hamilton do look a good safety net at the moment though...

I'd say we are well behind Dundee Utd

No chance in hell we'd ever win 6 on the trot (cups included)

We have only won 3 in a row twice since Burley left

But you are right I guess. We need to watch out behind us just as much as look ahead. Hamilton do look a good safety net at the moment though...

Looking at the table, we'll be 9th should St Mirren beat Hibs today and we take nothing from Celtic

Yes, and Aquiar has NEVER played in the hole for Hearts for any part of any game, and he's not equipped to play in the hole.

For "in the hole" look up Teddy Sheringham or someone like that

Aquiar is your typical central midfield player, attack minded yes, in the hole, no.........never.

I wouldnt agree with that definition. Sheringham is a support striker, a bit like Berbatov or Anelka. Hold's the ball up for the strike partner and good at turning their marker and finishing. 'In the hole' usually plays just behind one or two strikers and is creative midfield player with an accurate shot and the ability to thread passes.

Lubo Moravcik is the only player i can think of who's only position was 'in the hole'

Kaka/Messi/Rooney/Scholes/Hleb are a few players that have played in that position at times too.

This is my opinion, i may be wrong.

I tell you this - if we are forced to sell 2 or 3 of our assets (say Kingston, Berra and Driver) in January, we'd damn well better be further away from the bottom of the table than we are just now.

The same logic could be applied to any club outwith the OF.

How many non OF clubs could afford to lose their top three players and not suffer ?

Archived