Tottenham council

Maroon Memories

Maroon Memories

doesnt it make you sick that other councils are right behind their football teams where ours just want to drag their heels for the sake of it. The article basically says they will fly throught the whole process to get it completed. Take note Vlad its not this counrty thats the problem. Its Edinburgh Council!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7699135.stm

Charlie-Brown

To be fair it has been in the pipeline for 5 years already and spurs have spent ?44M aquiring 60 separate adjacent properties.

lost in leith

EDC didn't do Hibs any favours in relation to the Lochend Butterfly development. IIRC the council head man actually apologised for what happened. Can't be bothered trawling the net for details but I'm sure one of our :hobofish: lurkers could oblige with the details.

Certain councillors have also alleged that we got preferential treatment in relation to the option to buy land around Tynie (Ponton and Dawe IIRC). I remember a thread on hibs.net where a guy who was (is?) a West Lothian councillor got pelters for having the cheek to suggest that EDC had actually followed the rules. I think his argument was that small parcels of land were of no real use to most developers.

Bomber Harris
To be fair it has been in the pipeline for 5 years already and spurs have spent ?44M aquiring 60 separate adjacent properties.

You could buy the whole kak hole for a lot less than that

One of the most vile places I've ever visited

Tottenham Council have been far from behind Spurs. Spurs have been fighting with them to sort out the travel links to WHL for 10 yrs.

Bomber Harris
Tottenham Council have been far from behind Spurs. Spurs have been fighting with them to sort out the travel links to WHL for 10 yrs.

Northumberland Park used to be handy but I think it's shut now

Still got Bruce Grove or WHL or a 6 mile walk from Seven Sisters

Northumberland Park used to be handy but I think it's shut now

Still got Bruce Grove or WHL or a 6 mile walk from Seven Sisters

Seven Sisters then the bus up the road Mind you Seven Sisters tube station isn't too pleasant late night.

Toxteth O'Grady
Ed council looks after tourists more so than its own people.

Nail on head

They also look after themselves more than tourists

I totally agree with you tennant01. The coooncil is so slow. Vlad wants to throw money at edinburgh, they could choose to encourage him but they dinnae. Sometimes I think the councillers have a need to make things difficult, they think they need to be busy-- take a look at the trams for example! And I'll never forgive them for demolishing caley sample rooms at Haymarket.

Also my cousin lives ten minutes from white heart lane- the neighbourhood is scary- i hope the redevelopment helps things getr a bit better

Father Tiresias
I totally agree with you tennant01. The coooncil is so slow. Vlad wants to throw money at edinburgh, they could choose to encourage him but they dinnae. Sometimes I think the councillers have a need to make things difficult, they think they need to be busy-- take a look at the trams for example! And I'll never forgive them for demolishing caley sample rooms at Haymarket.

Also my cousin lives ten minutes from white heart lane- the neighbourhood is scary- i hope the redevelopment helps things getr a bit better

The Caley Ale House even!!

Father Tiresias

Tottenham will continue to play at White Hart Lane, which holds about 36,000 people, while they build the new stadium, which will not be ready until at least[/b'] the start of the 2014-15 season.

Sounds like there is still much to be done........

Archived