What's Your Favourite Goal against the Bhoys?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

With the big game coming up on Sunday.

What's your fave goal against the terrorist loving filth from the east side of Glasgow?

So many to choose from.

Mine would probably be Scott Crabbe's in a 2-1 win at Parkhead.

I was behind the goal that day and had a perfect view of his brilliant shot curling round Bonner into the bottom corner.

We had at least 5000 there that day and it was absolute pandemonium when that went in. :)

Over to you.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

1. Quitongo last minute
  2. Robbo in the cup
  3. Austin McCanns raker to cost them the league
  4. Skacels at Darkheid in one of Burleys last games .... that's when I was a confirmed believer.

Gary Naysmith's equaliser at the end of a sweeping counter attack in a 3-2 win there in February 2000. Crabbe's goal was superb, though - and I imagine there'll be quite a few votes for a certain Angolan winger too...

Chad Sexington
  1. Quitongo last minute
  2. Robbo in the cup
  4. Skacels at Darkheid in one of Burleys last games .... that's when I was a confirmed believer.

Greedy guts...you were only supposed to pick one. :mad:

AugustusGloop.jpg

Geoff Kilpatrick

For the situation we were in going into the game, it has to be Robbo's winner in the CIS Cup QF in 1996. That was against all the odds!

Greedy guts...you were only supposed to pick one. :mad:

AugustusGloop.jpg

:P

I can't choose one. Every ghoal against the Bhoys is special.

Because I'm a BIGOT.

Jam Tarts 1874

Willie Jamieson's late equaliser, cracking shot out of nowhere from the big guy. I was delighted for him just because I knew him well many moons ago, he is a great guy (for a Rangers fan anyway!)

Marooned In Oz

Bednars winning goal at tynecastle after lennon gifted a perfect ball into his path. (his third of the day actually as he scored a perfectly good goal which was ruled out for offside.) :):P

I thought we were onto bigger and better things after that game and I began to dream.

I was brought back to earth pretty quickly mind you. :sad:

Sergio Garcia

I loved Bednars second from the Neil Lennon backpass, was raging that day when they equalised which led to severe chest pains and high heart rate. Thankfully justice was done, helped by the ginger tosser!!!!!!!

Jam Tarts 1874
McDonald A , Just glad we got the goal we deserved

cheetin bassa.

Povan

We had a really big support that day. Seeing Alex joining in with the "you're not singing anymore" as we got to 4-1 from 4-0 was one of the best "away day" experiences. Davie Provan, cheating ****bag who is still to appologise despite all the evidence against him.

Danny McGrain, effectively ended Peter Shields career that day, didn't even get booked.

was at that game

pure joy

Busby 2

Q'S

and Robbo's 1/4 final twice

probably all better , but after the first half when we were in the 1 st Div. we knew, we'b back where we belong

A McCanns' goal for me was a belter, was sitting in the Gorgie end & who would have thought he could score a goal like that!? But as a previous poster has already said any goal (esp a winner) is always a great feeling against that lot

Any Hearts goal is good, against Celtic no more and no less than agin anyone else, although I confess to relishing a goal agaiost the bluenosed bigots more than one versus even Hibs.

Guest JamboRobbo

1. Quitongo last minute
  2. Robbo in the cup

I'm greedy too, so wot he said. plus bednars when lennon passed it to him then toppled over like a tellytubby.

1. Quitongo last minute
  2. Robbo in the cup

These two for me.

McDonald A , Just glad we got the goal we deserved

cheetin bassa.

Povan

That's the one for me ....

Austin McCann, Robbo cup quarter final and both of Bednar's when the ref / linesman tried to cheat us in the 2-1 victory at Tynecastle.

Robbo's goal at Darkheid in 85 at the start of the 32 game unbeaten run , first time I had seen us win there and was subsequently peshed all weekend :)

Nelly Terraces
We had a really big support that day. Seeing Alex joining in with the "you're not singing anymore" as we got to 4-1 from 4-0 was one of the best "away day" experiences. Davie Provan, cheating ****bag who is still to appologise despite all the evidence against him.

Danny McGrain, effectively ended Peter Shields career that day, didn't even get booked.

Remember that game well, and every time I hear that shop front PROVOn bleating on about cheating etc, I want to punch the slag in the chops. Blatantly went down like a sack of spanners when Willie J ruffled his f ***** g poofy perm holding his face like he'd been clocked in the napper wi a baseball bat to get WJ sent off. Forgot about the McGrain 'tackle', that was a disgrace, and we never saw Peter Shields again. Disgusting.

Best thing about that day was Doddies goal celebrations and the Strathclyde plod getting a f ***** g absolute total kicking off the Gorgie massive at half time, polis helmets flying through the air, a brilliant site (maybe they still remember it and thats why they give us such a hard time every time we go there). Oh, and the fact, that we had about 7 thousand there when we were in Div 1 and we legged the Tims over outside as well. Magic:).

FTC - total unadulterated filth.

JR, Robbo's free kick (the 1-0 Scottish Cup game) was in 1987.

And Chad, it was Marshall in goal that day at Parkhead, Jan 92.

I'd say the Crabbe curler was up there, along with Robbo's free kick and his Coca Cola Cup goal in 1996.

...and of course, Jose Quitongo.

Buffalo Bill

Chad Sexington

And Chad, it was Marshall in goal that day at Parkhead, Jan 92.

Thanks pedant. Haven't you got a book signing you should be at or something? :rolleyes:

All those years of cheap lager and jazz cigarettes have obviously clouded my memory. :P

Robbo in SC QF 87

Robbo in LC SF 96

Jose Quintongo

I also remember a goal at Tynie near the end of the huns 9 in a row years. Celtic 2-0 up at Tynie Mickey scored to make it 1-2 then with Tynecastle emptying bib McPherson equalised . Celtic fans giving it Fields of Athenrey - boom silence - Hearts fans - your going to win **** all - Di Canio on his kness head in hands.

Guest JamboRobbo
JR, Robbo's free kick (the 1-0 Scottish Cup game) was in 1987.

Cheers - I thought 87 initially, then I thought it was pre-86 rather than post 86. a peach anyway.

just as well you are here to keep us with poor memorys right!

What's your fave goal against the terrorist loving filth from the east side of Glasgow?

So many to choose from.

I was behind the goal that day and had a perfect view of his brilliant shot curling round Bonner into the bottom corner.

We had at least 5000 there that day and it was absolute pandemonium when that went in. :)

Over to you.

Think I was at that game. Was it the midweek one where the great unwashed got their record low crowd of about 13k ?

I know I was at the record low crowd game - not sure if it was the same one as the curling Scotte Crabbe one.

Can I Jambo historical genius please enlighten me please !!

The Crabbe goal of course was followed by another from John Millar just a minute later.

I was part of that huge body of Hearts fans for what was one of the all time great sways.

Buffalo Bill

Think I was at that game. Was it the midweek one where the great unwashed got their record low crowd of about 13k ?

I know I was at the record low crowd game - not sure if it was the same one as the curling Scotte Crabbe one.

Can I Jambo historical genius please enlighten me please !!

No, it was a Saturday. Jan 4th 1992.

They had some really small crowds in the early 90s. I was at a midweek game in '93 and the crowd was about 16,000 but I think their lowest around that time was 10,000 v Killie; the game where a fox ran on the pitch.

Buffalo Bill

No, it was a Saturday. Jan 4th 1992.

They had some really small crowds in the early 90s. I was at a midweek game in '93 and the crowd was about 16,000 but I think their lowest around that time was 10,000 v Killie; the game where a fox ran on the pitch.

Buffalo Bill

Cheers for that. Think I got confused. I reckon I was at both. Quailty days when there were almost as many Jambos at Parkhead as those ****.

Quality.

Rudolf's Mate

The one around 89 at Darkheid when I jumped the wee wall and ran onto the track to celebrate only for the bar stewards to grab my arm as I tried to flee back into the support..... Luckily a group of our support grabbed my other arm and after a brief tug of war I was pulled back into the crowd and vanished! Don't ask me who scored!

markletissier
:P

orangeman1.jpg

hahaha i just noticed his sash has "LOL" on it, brilliant.

but for me it has to be Austin McCann or Bruno when he went absolutely nuts.

Cheers - I thought 87 initially, then I thought it was pre-86 rather than post 86. a peach anyway.

just as well you are here to keep us with poor memorys right!

Was there that day - never forget the nutters on top of the pie 'hut' in the old school end!!! :o

That would be my all-time favourite goal we've scored against 'them'...

Guest JamboRobbo
Was there that day - never forget the nutters on top of the pie 'hut' in the old school end!!! :o

That would be my all-time favourite goal we've scored against 'them'...

I just remember it looked to be heading for a 0-0 and a replay, then there was the goal, then massive chants of "can you hear the celtic sing" for about the rest of the match and all the way home afterwards.

I just remember it looked to be heading for a 0-0 and a replay, then there was the goal, then massive chants of "can you hear the celtic sing" for about the rest of the match and all the way home afterwards.

As a 13 year old, I made a small fortune that day standing in Wheatfield Street as dozens of passing Celtic fans threw coins at us after the games.

Whilst the adult Hearts fans stood there waiting, I was darting around picking up all the money.

Buffalo Bill

Guest JamboRobbo
As a 13 year old, I made a small fortune that day standing in Wheatfield Street as dozens of passing Celtic fans threw coins at us after the games.

Whilst the adult Hearts fans stood there waiting, I was darting around picking up all the money.

Buffalo Bill

classic memories. you should write a book about it. :P

Charlie-Brown

We scored a terrific counter-attack at Parkhead in the late eighties or early nineties, Celtic had a corner but it broke to us, Colquhoun passed to Foster on the wing who burst down the touchline in a 60 yard sprint leaving a few Celts trailing in his wake, he then crossed for Scott Crabbe to slot past Bonar - the move was a total of about 3 or 4 great touches from us and the ball was in the back of their net ..... sadly I think this was one of those games we managed to draw 2-2 from leading 2-0..... however it was great football and a great Hearts goal.

Winston Ingram

Naysmith's goal in that 3-2 game was made all the better for his superb celebration... Ran behind the goal and shouted "Get f****ng in there!" with arm gestures to match!!

Tried to find it on youtube but no luck. Must be there somewhere, anyone?

Got to be Austin McCann for me, although any goal against the Dhims is special.

Even when they beat us 6-1 in 2000? :P

Buffalo Bill

We scored a terrific counter-attack at Parkhead in the late eighties or early nineties, Celtic had a corner but it broke to us, Colquhoun passed to Foster on the wing who burst down the touchline in a 60 yard sprint leaving a few Celts trailing in his wake, he then crossed for Scott Crabbe to slot past Bonar - the move was a total of about 3 or 4 great touches from us and the ball was in the back of their net ..... sadly I think this was one of those games we managed to draw 2-2 from leading 2-0..... however it was great football and a great Hearts goal.

Fantastic goal. I think the goal was featured on one of the John Robertson story/videos that came out.

There were two tributes. One in 1992 and (a much better) one in 1997.

Buffalo Bill

Winston Ingram
Even when they beat us 6-1 in 2000? :P

Buffalo Bill

Wha a grim day that was. Houston in charge, will never forget Didier Agathe flying past Petric.. Petric had a 20 yard start!!

Wha a grim day that was. Houston in charge, will never forget Didier Agathe flying past Petric.. Petric had a 20 yard start!!

I remember that! Absolutely pished myself at how slow he was.

I would love to see a clip of that because it was probably the slowest I have ever seen a player move.

Agathe was no slouch like but Petric geniunely had about half a pitch head start.

Winston Ingram
I remember that! Absolutely pished myself at how slow he was.

I would love to see a clip of that because it was probably the slowest I have ever seen a player move.

Agathe was no slouch like but Petric geniunely had about half a pitch head start.

Was an incredible moment, mate! Glad I'm not alone with the haunted memory!

Jimmy McNulty

I was right next to Bud when he got that red card. Provan fell, as if hit by a bullet from one of the Parkheid faithfull's snipers.

the first game I attended at celtic Park, and it was THEN that I knew there was one rule for the OF and another for everyone else...

So many to choose from.

Over to you.

For me..........

EVERY GOAL AGAINST THEM

Archived