Pedro Lopez leaves Hearts

Ryan Gosling

Chad Sexington

Well seeing as he's apparently an arrogant tosspot who pishes off everyone he meets, this is a good thing, no?

Well seeing as he's apparently an arrogant tosspot who pishes off everyone he meets, this is a good thing, no?

Depends on who takes over I would guess!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

happycrowd.jpg

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssss!

Massive step for Hearts.

Korowhatshisname next please. :):):)

His role at Hearts is expected to be filled by another UBIG employee, who will in turn assume direct responsibility for the stadium redevelopment scheme.

Better the devil you know?

It's interesting news. Neither devastating not earth-shatteringly brilliant. There's others I'd like to have seen go before Pedro.

happycrowd.jpg

Massive step for Hearts.

If we could swap 'Imatoly' for a coach that knows the scottish game or another one of Csaba's contacts then i would be celebrating too.

jamboinglasgow
Role to be filled by another UBIG employee. Possibly Serjegus Fedotovas or Mindaugas Nikolicius ?

to be fair, I would be very happy if Serji fills it.

Role to be filled by another UBIG employee. Possibly Serjegus Fedotovas or Mindaugas Nikolicius ?

I hope not.

Jam Tarts 1874

There are two ways of looking at this. Lopez has generally been Hearts "Mr Fixit" behind the scenes and was given the task of pushing through the redevelopment plans. If he is deemed to have failed by Romanov and is being moved for this reason, then that would be good news - it would demonstrate that Romanov wants to progress matters on the redevelopment.

On the negative side, if a "fixer" like Lopez has come up against a brick wall with the council, is there anyone else who can make progress? Maybe we need Peter Mandleson.

Geoff Kilpatrick
happycrowd.jpg

Massive step for Hearts.

My feelings exactly!!! :):):)

Might go and have a lunchtime pint to celebrate!

Geoff Kilpatrick
There are two ways of looking at this. Lopez has generally been Hearts "Mr Fixit" behind the scenes and was given the task of pushing through the redevelopment plans. If he is deemed to have failed by Romanov and is being moved for this reason, then that would be good news - it would demonstrate that Romanov wants to progress matters on the redevelopment.

On the negative side, if a "fixer" like Lopez has come up against a brick wall with the council, is there anyone else who can make progress? Maybe we need Peter Mandleson.

:rofl:

Are you serious? The guy is an arrogant to$$pot who has done NOTHING at Tynecastle.

MackaysCentreSpot

Pedro Lopez seems to have become this hate figure amongst a section of Hearts fans and I really can not figure out why this is the case.

The man is employed to do a job and more than likely his superiors expect him to do what they ask. If he does not do this he would then loose his job.

If your employer asked you to do your job although it may make you unpopular in some quarters would you tell him to get lost?

I have had the pleasure of chatting with him on a few occassions and he has always came across as a pretty sincere honest man.

But that is neither here nor there.

I think him leaving is not exactly a good thing for Hearts as I think he was an assett to the club but obviously those who employ him think that he is better needed else where.

Has anyone else actually spoke to the man in person and if so what was your opinion of him.

Jam Tarts 1874
:rofl:

Are you serious? The guy is an arrogant to$$pot who has done NOTHING at Tynecastle.

Like I said, he has been involved in "fixing" many issues behind the scenes, it is for that reason he was put in charge of progressing the redevelopment. Being arrogant does not preclude an individual from being is such a position, indeed many would see it as a pre-requisite. It is obvious you don't know what you are talking about, so best you just keep it shut.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Pedro Lopez seems to have become this hate figure amongst a section of Hearts fans and I really can not figure out why this is the case.

The man is employed to do a job and more than likely his superiors expect him to do what they ask. If he does not do this he would then loose his job.

If your employer asked you to do your job although it may make you unpopular in some quarters would you tell him to get lost?

I have had the pleasure of chatting with him on a few occassions and he has always came across as a pretty sincere honest man.

But that is neither here nor there.

I think him leaving is not exactly a good thing for Hearts as I think he was an assett to the club but obviously those who employ him think that he is better needed else where.

Has anyone else actually spoke to the man in person and if so what was your opinion of him.

I judge him on his record.

He oversaw the Riccarton 3 fiasco and the denouement of that.

He has been sitting on the stadium plans and dealing on and off with the council over that. Result: One planning application and no subsequent progress.

He has negotiated player contracts and overpaid them, probably more than the players wildest dreams.

In short, if any other CEO/Deputy CEO had this charge record, they would have been hounded out the door.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Like I said, he has been involved in "fixing" many issues behind the scenes, it is for that reason he was put in charge of progressing the redevelopment. Being arrogant does not preclude an individual from being is such a position, indeed many would see it as a pre-requisite. It is obvious you don't know what you are talking about, so best you just keep it shut.

Please see my response to Mackay's Centre Spot.

Oh, and incidentally, in your first response you mentioned a brick wall within Edinburgh Council. Is this the same council that is estimated to have a 30 million black hole and will be desperate for any kind of deal to fill their coffers, or is it another one in a parallel universe?

MackaysCentreSpot
I judge him on his record.

He oversaw the Riccarton 3 fiasco and the denouement of that.

He has been sitting on the stadium plans and dealing on and off with the council over that. Result: One planning application and no subsequent progress.

He has negotiated player contracts and overpaid them, probably more than the players wildest dreams.

In short, if any other CEO/Deputy CEO had this charge record, they would have been hounded out the door.

I would agree with you so why has he not been. Maybe because he has been doing a good job and regarding the points you have brought up, do you have the actual facts from anyone in authority that he has done as you said or is it just paper talk you have listened to.

Geoff Kilpatrick
I would agree with you so why has he not been. Maybe because he has been doing a good job and regarding the points you have brought up, do you have the actual facts from anyone in authority that he has done as you said or is it just paper talk you have listened to.

On your first point, would you say Korobochka is doing a good job as well? Lopez is protected because he is in the 'circle of trust'.

Secondly, no I wasn't party to the individual negotiations. I used my own judgement based on the available evidence and the outcomes. Should we have left Chris Robinson in situ as well because I'm sure you weren't privy to every event there either. He might have done a "good job" too. :rolleyes:

Jam Tarts 1874
On your first point, would you say Korobochka is doing a good job as well? Lopez is protected because he is in the 'circle of trust'.

Secondly, no I wasn't party to the individual negotiations. I used my own judgement based on the available evidence and the outcomes. Should we have left Chris Robinson in situ as well because I'm sure you weren't privy to every event there either. He might have done a "good job" too. :rolleyes:

The bottom line is as I stated previosly i.e. you obviously don't know what you are talking about! You made a silly comment because you thought it was funny to do so, but when challenged it transpires that you have no insight or information other that the gossip that is trudged out ad nauseum on this forum.

Your lack of knowledge on the subject of Hearts really is high-lighted by your "should we have left Robinson in situ" comment. This really is the first time that I have heard that Robinson's position was at the behest of the fans! :rolleyes:

MackaysCentreSpot

Korobochka is the Director Of Football at HMFC

The job desciption is roughly this.

"Director of Football" is a term describing a senior management figure at a football club, most commonly used in Europe. The exact nature of the role is often unclear and causes much debate in the sports media. Dave Bassett described the role as

" ..... a buffer. The director of football is answerable to the board but there to assist the manager. He's experienced in football and there to help the board members who don't have that experience."

In theory it means that the manager is left to concern himself with the day to day running of the club, the picking of the team, and the decisions about tactics and training. The director meanwhile looks after the budget, and allocates money for transfers and the youth academy.

The director is often involved in the selection of the manager, so that the manager knows he has full support from his subordinates. The plus side is that there is an experienced football head watching the scouts, the budget and the academy, allowing the manager to get on with the team.

So after reading the description I can not say he is or he is not doing his job as I have no evidence to back up my claim.

I assume that you do not think he is and if this is the case do you have good evidence he is not doing his job.

Sounds like a nice wee reshuffle to me. Lopez steps aside, folk can then assume it's because he's 'not getting the job done and Vlad obviously wants it done', new guy put in place, new guy then gets the usual amount of time (as we seem to give every bloody appointment) to bed in, nice wee delay into the new year and Romanov gets some breathing space for doing nothing again with the main stand redevelopment.

Geoff Kilpatrick
The bottom line is as I stated previosly i.e. you obviously don't know what you are talking about! You made a silly comment because you thought it was funny to do so, but when challenged it transpires that you have no insight or information other that the gossip that is trudged out ad nauseum on this forum.

Your lack of knowledge on the subject of Hearts really is high-lighted by your "should we have left Robinson in situ" comment. This really is the first time that I have heard that Robinson's position was at the behest of the fans! :rolleyes:

No, my point is that the argument being made is the lack of "insight" into Lopez's role is reason enough not to criticise him. I'm basing the facts of the outcomes of his role during his time at Tynecastle, coupled with my opinion of him when I have "encountered" him, e.g. in the vicinity of the stadium, as my reasons for welcoming his departure. That I don't like the guy is a bonus on top of the reasons for his leaving. He is a lickspittle placed into a job because he is in a "circle of trust" of Vlad's creation and I welcome his departure.

Oh, and you say "gossip" on this forum is my "insight". There is a difference between gossip from "informed sources" and gossip from other people. Critically evaluating the information available allows a more informed opinion to be reached.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Korobochka is the Director Of Football at HMFC

The job desciption is roughly this.

"Director of Football" is a term describing a senior management figure at a football club, most commonly used in Europe. The exact nature of the role is often unclear and causes much debate in the sports media. Dave Bassett described the role as

" ..... a buffer. The director of football is answerable to the board but there to assist the manager. He's experienced in football and there to help the board members who don't have that experience."

In theory it means that the manager is left to concern himself with the day to day running of the club, the picking of the team, and the decisions about tactics and training. The director meanwhile looks after the budget, and allocates money for transfers and the youth academy.

The director is often involved in the selection of the manager, so that the manager knows he has full support from his subordinates. The plus side is that there is an experienced football head watching the scouts, the budget and the academy, allowing the manager to get on with the team.

So after reading the description I can not say he is or he is not doing his job as I have no evidence to back up my claim.

I assume that you do not think he is and if this is the case do you have good evidence he is not doing his job.

The part in bold is reason enough (amongst others) to form an opinion as to whether Korobochka is doing a good job. Look at our transfer record since he has occupied this role!

It may well be a good thing still, but he seemed OK when I briefly met him, though not in a business capacity.

Everyone seems to have missed this...

"Meanwhile, head coach Csaba Laszlo was warned Hearts' misfiring strikers they risk being sold if they do not start scoring soon. The Hungarian is losing patience with his forwards, who have found the net just four times between them this season."

It is worth noting the lack of source and that this is robably journalistic supposition however, how does it work as a concept?

If your car wasn't working who would want to buy it?

Therefore who would want to buy one of our strikers?

Charlie-Brown
Everyone seems to have missed this...

"Meanwhile, head coach Csaba Laszlo was warned Hearts' misfiring strikers they risk being sold if they do not start scoring soon. The Hungarian is losing patience with his forwards, who have found the net just four times between them this season."

It is worth noting the lack of source and that this is robably journalistic supposition however, how does it work as a concept?

If your car wasn't working who would want to buy it?

Therefore who would want to buy one of our strikers?

Crystal Palace wanted to buy Nade according to reports but couldn't agree a fee?

Drylaw Hearts

The cull continues :

Valdas Ivanuaskas

Eduard Malofeev

Alex Koslovski

Pedro Lopez

Who's left ?

Anatoli Korobotchup

The clock is ticking Anatoli.

:)

Guest JamboRobbo

Yes. Arrogant tosspot who thinks he's clever enough to pull the wool over peoples eyes would be my description.

We must all hate Lopez because Romanov likes him.

Repeat after me:

Drylaw Hearts

Repeat after me:

Easy.

Sounds like a nice wee reshuffle to me. Lopez steps aside, folk can then assume it's because he's 'not getting the job done and Vlad obviously wants it done', new guy put in place, new guy then gets the usual amount of time (as we seem to give every bloody appointment) to bed in, nice wee delay into the new year and Romanov gets some breathing space for doing nothing again with the main stand redevelopment.

You're being a bit optimistic if you think the new stand is going up antime soon.

Guest JamboRobbo
What precisely did he fix in his time here?

he fixed the problem with those traitors Hartley, Pressley and Gordon. He got that problem sorted good and proper.

And he helped us secure the big money signings of stars like Zaliuakas, Kurskis and Beniuseless.

And unlike that failure Anderton, who had a whole 6 months to get the stand built and didn't manage it, Pedro got the stand built during his years at HMFC. You just need to close your eyes and use your imagination a wee bit to see it.

oh, and don't forget, he also doubled as a scout. This is the man who brought us Tiago Costa, Fernando Screpis and Mauricio Pinilla. All for the small cost of only a million or two in wages.

The more I think about it, the more I think we should erect a statue of this man to thank him for the excellent work he did for HMFC.

Geoff Kilpatrick
he fixed the problem with those traitors Hartley, Pressley and Gordon. He got them good and proper.

And unlike that failure Anderton, who had a whole 6 months to get the stand built and didn't manage it, Pedro got the stand built. You just need to close your eyes and use your imagination a wee bit to see it.

Nah, you don't know what you're talking about. Only Jam Tarts 1874 knows! :rolleyes:

Stop being so negative.

building starts in the summer, and the Tynecastle 2010 project will be be complete by summer of 2011.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Tynecastle2010Detail/0,,10289~1091729,00.html

Think you missed out the sarccy smilie.

There is no danger this new stand will be getting built any time soon.

Aye - like the shambles of his behaviour towards the Riccarton 3, his giving 5 year contracts to total clowns, his scouting of Screpsis and Pinalla, and the fact that he's totally failed to progress the building of the stand?

I have to ask - does Romanov work you by strings or by remote control?

Crystal Palace wanted to buy Nade according to reports but couldn't agree a fee?

And of the 4 we've got he's the one I would want to keep

Archived