Oh they got us good - I sure love my smack!

spacerjoe

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hearts/2008/10/27/hearts-1-1-aberdeen-86908-20843346/

Hearts 1-1 Aberdeen

Oct 27 2008 David McCarthy Reports From Tynecastle

"Hell, this even had one of the sharpest put-downs of the season delivered by the Aberdeen fans to their hosts just seconds after thousands of Jambos had sang to them to "Sit Down, Shut Up. Sit Down, Shut Up".

Quick as a flash, the Aberdeen fans retorted: 'Sit Down, Shoot Up. Sit Down, Shoot Up".

P. C. ? Of course not but it was still a pretty quick retort from which there was no comeback. Not off the pitch at any rate."

There's no escaping such wit! Now excuse me, I'm off for my AIDS test...

I actually find it difficult to believe that has been given the light of day in a national newspaper, even the Record. This is aside from the fact that Aberdeen has, I believe, more of a drugs problem than Edinburgh these days.

I and everyone around me just thought that they were singing "sit down, shut up" back to us, so it was a bit ****. That said, if that's really what they were saying then it's quite funny and you probably need to lighten up a bit.

marshallschunkychicken
I actually find it difficult to believe that has been given the light of day in a national newspaper, even the Record. This is aside from the fact that Aberdeen has, I believe, more of a drugs problem than Edinburgh these days.

Correct. I could see the irony at the time. David McCarthy obviously didn't.

I and everyone around me just thought that they were singing "sit down, shut up" back to us, so it was a bit ****. That said, if that's really what they were saying then it's quite funny and you probably need to lighten up a bit.

Wasn't in reference to the pc nature of it - more the fact that it warranted a mention in a national newspaper. Not even close to original or funny.

The only barely funny part is the irony of who was signing it...

Scary that a journo would use this but...

Somebody should tell Aberdeen fans that the number of people injecting across Scotland is dropping apart from in Greater Glasgow and Grampian.

Dafties.

It was the incident just before this that made me laugh. When Balogh mis kicked the ball straight to an Aberdeen player, the dons fans gave a mocking cheer, then the Aberdeen player promptly miskicked it out of play.

Their 'shoot up' call did make me smile but as previously said i'm sure it is easier to score some skag up their way than it is in Edinburgh. We've knocked down most of the dodgy areas that Trainspotting would have been based on / likened to.

loveofthegame

That gets coverage in a national (albeit rag) newspaper. Thats not even close to funny, especially considering the north of Scotland has about the worst smack problem going.

I hate that paper. Credit where credits due for a funny/decent chant but thats not even close.

Is it any wonder we call it the Daily ******?

Those cheeky chappies frae Aberdeen eh? Hilarious with their witty retorts, bog roll and stuff tee hee hee.

Laugh? I didn't think i'd ever start.

The police have a portable metal cage for malcontents. The only time I have ever seen it at our football matches is when Aberdeen visit us. The police are obviously just as enchanted by the wit of these pawky wee souls from Aberdeen as the reporter was. It is a pity that he didn't mention the hilariously ironic way that they lobbed missiles onto the pitch before and during the game. I so hate being dull. I think I'll go and drown myself in sheepdip!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hearts/2008/10/27/hearts-1-1-aberdeen-86908-20843346/

Hearts 1-1 Aberdeen

Oct 27 2008 David McCarthy Reports From Tynecastle

"Hell, this even had one of the sharpest put-downs of the season delivered by the Aberdeen fans to their hosts just seconds after thousands of Jambos had sang to them to "Sit Down, Shut Up. Sit Down, Shut Up".

Quick as a flash, the Aberdeen fans retorted: 'Sit Down, Shoot Up. Sit Down, Shoot Up".

P. C. ? Of course not but it was still a pretty quick retort from which there was no comeback. Not off the pitch at any rate."

There's no escaping such wit! Now excuse me, I'm off for my AIDS test...

The Aberdeen fans obviously never watched BBC's 'Girls Behind Bars' as the main herion addict and lassie who cut herself to ribbons was from Aberdeen.

in fairness, and the example in question is not a good one, aberdeen fans do come up with some witty stuff.

i particularly like, "oh when the reds go steaming in" and their song for their old striker 'daddi' which was "who's the, who's the, who's the f****** daddy"...

As for the Daily Record, I can feel my IQ dropping with every sentence i read of that rag.

As for the Daily Record, I can feel my IQ dropping with every sentence i read of that rag

I once did a literacy test on the sports pages of the Daily Record and the results indicated that the articles I used were suitable for nine year old children. Says everything, doesn't it?

I heard it loud and clear, to be fair it wasn't a bad put down, filed away for the next game against Hibs.

Very ironic though, towns like Stonehaven and Fraserburgh are rife with heroin and as for their 'gorgie slums' insults, I mean honestly, where would you rather live, Edinburgh or Aberdeen?

Guest juvehearts
This story sums up the quality of that paper. And the mentality of those who buy it.:mad:

agreed.

even the jurno typing is shcoking,

like a chav telling his mates his joke of what hapened.

mind you it is only chav's that read that rag.

If we'd sang it against Hibs, Kickback would be one big circular ****. We can't really complain about tired, out of date stereotypes when there are still Hearts fans that sing "you're only sheepshagging *******s" and think they're being funny.

It does annoy me when any paper writes about any chant that fans are singing, though. Why do they think that anyone reading a match report cares? Scotland games are the worst for it, it's difficult to find a match report which doesn't detail the latest hilarious witticism to come from the shortbread munchers.

Correct, it has one of the worst Heroin problems in scotland.

As someone who is easily susceptible to the powers of suggestion, I can confirm that I took their chant seriously.

I now have a ?200 a day smack habit.

I bet they started Pete Doherty on it too.

Archived