Another thread about the pen!

Civil Jambo

I know there has been a few posts so far but.............has anyone seen the pen spurs were given against bolton? because the ref said he did not give it to us because he was going away from the goal but if you look at the spurs one it the same just at the other side of the box the boy pushes it well wide but still get the pen no q's asked! shows the difference in the standard of refs!

If the same thing had happened at Dark Heid or Ipox (Stewart incident), I'd bet the linesman would've said nothing!

Rudolf's Mate
I know there has been a few posts so far but.............has anyone seen the pen spurs were given against bolton? because the ref said he did not give it to us because he was going away from the goal but if you look at the spurs one it the same just at the other side of the box the boy pushes it well wide but still get the pen no q's asked! shows the difference in the standard of refs!

Not quite sure what you mean? Are you saying that we didn't get the pen as Mickey was running away from goal??? If so that's nonsense. You can argue about a red card offence in this case but not a pen! Pushing, pulling any foul inside the box regardless of running away from goal or not by the letter of the law should be a pen!

Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick.

Not quite sure what you mean? Are you saying that we didn't get the pen as Mickey was running away from goal??? If so that's nonsense. You can argue about a red card offence in this case but not a pen! Pushing, pulling any foul inside the box regardless of running away from goal or not by the letter of the law should be a pen!

Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick.

Its not my opinion of the rule but its apparantly what the ref said after the match. i tottally agree with your view of the laws the ref and ther linesman are both hobos!

Archived