Next couple of games

heartsfc_fan

Celtic (H)

St Mirren (A)

Hamilton (H)

Inverness (A)

Falkrik (H)

The ones I've highlighted in bold, we should be taking maximum points from. Kilmarnock and Dundee United have arguably harder fixtures in that period, so surely we are looking at 3rd place come the end of November?

I personally thought we played well on Saturday for most of the game, and were unlucky not to win. Hopefully with Driver, Tullburg and Kingston coming back into the team it should help.

Anyone else feeling as positive as me? :rolleyes:

Dagger Is Back
Celtic (H)

St Mirren (A)

Hamilton (H)

Inverness (A)

Falkrik (H)

The ones I've highlighted in bold, we should be taking maximum points from. Kilmarnock and Dundee United have arguably harder fixtures in that period, so surely we are looking at 3rd place come the end of November?

I personally thought we played well on Saturday for most of the game, and were unlucky not to win. Hopefully with Driver, Tullburg and Kingston coming back into the team it should help.

Anyone else feeling as positive as me? :rolleyes:

Nope. Yeah we played the ball on the deck well for some of the game and yes we showed a helluva lot more passion than we have in most games this season but..

1) We're not scoring

2) We're hardly even testing the opposition goalkeeper and that puts pressure immediately on our own defence which can blow hot and cold as we know

3) I think people are HOPING that Tullberg can give us goals. His track record wouldn't appear to support that and I feel we're a wee bit like a drowning man clutchuing at straws. I'm surprised that we haven't seen a clamour for Clum to be brought back - we're just so desperate for a finisher!

4) I thought we played better without Kingston. I'd rather have less able players playing but giving it 100% rather than have a quality player who is too lazy

5) Bruno has ben different class in the last 2 games. How long can he keep it going? What happens when he's injured? Back to pre Bruno?

6) Nade played well again on Saturday but needs to find an eye for goal. Misses from him and Mole in the 2 recent games have been nothing short of horrendous for players at that level

I enjoyed Saturday - I thought it was a good game played in horrible conditions but to start looking at upcoming fixtures and looking to get maximum points out of

St Mirren (A)

Hamilton (H)

Inverness (A)

Falkrik (H)

is a bit premature for me. FWIW I predict

Celtic - 0

St Mirren -1

Hamilton - 3

Inverness -1

Falkirk - 1

Logic is I don't see where goals will come from in this team of ours. Once we've scored it's kinda like oh well that's us done then. That for me is our biggest issue.

Sort out the goals and the defence will feel under less pressure. It's not the stongest back 5 in the SPL but it sure as hell ain't the worst either.

Nope. Yeah we played the ball on the deck well for some of the game and yes we showed a helluva lot more passion than we have in most games this season but..

1) We're not scoring

2) We're hardly even testing the opposition goalkeeper and that puts pressure immediately on our own defence which can blow hot and cold as we know

3) I think people are HOPING that Tullberg can give us goals. His track record wouldn't appear to support that and I feel we're a wee bit like a drowning man clutchuing at straws. I'm surprised that we haven't seen a clamour for Clum to be brought back - we're just so desperate for a finisher!

4) I thought we played better without Kingston. I'd rather have less able players playing but giving it 100% rather than have a quality player who is too lazy

5) Bruno has ben different class in the last 2 games. How long can he keep it going? What happens when he's injured? Back to pre Bruno?

6) Nade played well again on Saturday but needs to find an eye for goal. Misses from him and Mole in the 2 recent games have been nothing short of horrendous for players at that level

I enjoyed Saturday - I thought it was a good game played in horrible conditions but to start looking at upcoming fixtures and looking to get maximum points out of

St Mirren (A)

Hamilton (H)

Inverness (A)

Falkrik (H)

is a bit premature for me. FWIW I predict

Celtic - 0

St Mirren -1

Hamilton - 3

Inverness -1

Falkirk - 1

Logic is I don't see where goals will come from in this team of ours. Once we've scored it's kinda like oh well that's us done then. That for me is our biggest issue.

Sort out the goals and the defence will feel under less pressure. It's not the stongest back 5 in the SPL but it sure as hell ain't the worst either.

Until we learn to keep clean sheets we're always going to have to score two and that seems a hurdle we're going to struggle over.

Dagger Is Back
Until we learn to keep clean sheets we're always going to have to score two and that seems a hurdle we're going to struggle over.

That's another way to look at it of course. Keep a clean sheet and the worst you'll get is a point.

We're 5th equal in the goalscoring stakes and 4th equal in goals conceded so you could definitely argue that we're falling short on both counts. Could also argue that we've lost 7 goals in just 3 of those matches against Utd, Well and Der Hun.

All about opinions. I just happen to think that the main area of concern is in creating and taking chances. Score goals and the defence will become more confident and relaxed. Fail to score and as soon as the ball is in the box - panic.

1 goal from a striker so far says it all for me.

Archived