Which one was the best?

footieman

Another game another glaring miss, but which one was the best?

Christian Nade against Hibs?

or

Jamie Mole against Aberdeen?

Guest JamboRobbo

Moles by a mile IMO. The ball was cut back just behind Nade and under his feet - he had no time to adjust and had to try and dig it out from under his feet - a chance with a degree of difficulty. Mole had the ball bouncing right in front of him and just had to hit the target - not a difficult skill at all - and he ballooned it into row Z. All he had to do was stick it in the empty net.

Take Zaliukas with you on your way out Jamie.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

or

I think i would rather call it the worst miss rather than "the best".

Nade 's was easier to score for me.

Mole was under pressure and had the letter of the law been applied,it would have been a pen just after he sky's it because he is chopped down by the defender.

IMO Mole shouldn't be anywhere near the 1st team anyway so i think its best to erase him from my memory.;)

Guest Dipped Flake

Nades was the easier chance as Mole had a defender right on top of him and ball bounced back to him at speed. Nade was expecting the pass and had no defenders near him. To be fair to Nade though the ball was slightly behind him so wasn't really a sitter. I thought Mole looked pretty good when he came on but we do desperately need a genuine goal scorer.

or

Kingston's against Hibs was a shocker - no effort in it. He done all the work with his run and put zero effort into the shot (1st half)

Both had a degree of difficulty about them.

As JR states, Nade was unlucky in that he had to dig it out from under his feet but having said that had he been on his toes a little more or opened himself up a bit more in anticipation he could have easily wrapped his foot round it.

Mole had players on the line to beat while also being closed down by a couple of players and ultimately booted up into the air by one but he should have kept his head and buried the chance before the Dons defender had the chance to boot him in the air.

Both missed doing the basic thing in those situations, that's keep the ball low and make sure you at least hit the target. Recently read Bobby Charlton's autobiography in which he praises the simple but effective coaching of Jimmy Murphy who always taught him that if you're going to shoot with power make sure to keep the ball as low as possible and you'll increase your chances of hitting the target and ultimately scoring. I think some of our players are lacking even these basic instructions. Every time one of our players shoots with power it seems to fly over the bar.

To answer the question, there isn't much between them but I'd say Nade's was slightly worse.

Nade looked like an elephant playing football on ice on saturday. Mole's miss was the worst. didnt need to drill it. Place it first then worry about power.

Archived