Bruno Aguiar

Victorian

considering he was out for 18 months, and only played a couple of reserve matches upon full fitness... his comeback into the first team has been nothing short of miraculous. his performances in two difficult games, in difficult conditions, must rank up with some of the best comeback performances.... if it was possible to measure such a thing.

sod's law is he'll look the wrong way at pedro lopez and he'll be vilified as 'an enemy of the club' and be allowed to leave.

i don't think it was obvious before just how much we need bruno.

I've always thought he has been criminally underated by Hearts fans. When you consider the sort of plaudits Palazuelos got last season I am amazed that Bruno has not been valued more by the support. You just need to watch him for 10 minutes to see that he is a player. In terms of composure and awareness the guy is tremendous.

I hope he stays fit and I'm certain that if Larry can get his head right we will start to see the best of him when he is surrounded by players like Bruno, Driver, Stewart and Nade.

If we could a get a goalscorer in along side those players (Glen could maybe do it) we would have a very fluent attack.

I've always thought he has been criminally underated by Hearts fans. When you consider the sort of plaudits Palazuelos got last season I am amazed that Bruno has not been valued more by the support. You just need to watch him for 10 minutes to see that he is a player. In terms of composure and awareness the guy is tremendous.

I hope he stays fit and I'm certain that if Larry can get his head right we will start to see the best of him when he is surrounded by players like Bruno, Driver, Stewart and Nade.

If we could a get a goalscorer in along side those players (Glen could maybe do it) we would have a very fluent attack.

I am one of the fans that underrated him but he has been great the last two games,head and shoulders above everyone else for me.What a difference his corners are as well compared to Kingstons **** deliveries.

Nobody cares on this site about positive news. Only negative stuff re Hearts is discussed.

Just look at FACTS.

Positive Bruno thread 2 replies

Positive Wallace thread 25 replies

Negative Mole thread 61 replies

Negative Zaliukas thread 45 replies

Christ we even have some arseholes saying the ref was good. WTF !?!

Negativity rules FACT.

Nobody cares on this site about positive news. Only negative stuff re Hearts is discussed.

Just look at FACTS.

Negativity rules FACT.

Oh dear.

A quick glance at the Mole thread and i noticed not everyone is saying he is sheite. That thread has differing opinions.

Only a fool wouldn't agree with Victorian in his praise of Bruno so what do you want people to do on this thread?

I suppose everyone could just type "Spot on :thumb:" but that would be a bit pointless and boring.

Jambof3tornado

Testament to the physios that got Bruno back to the state he is in,now can they get Driver sorted as he is another player we need to be anywhere in the league come the end.

Oh dear.

A quick glance at the Mole thread and i noticed not everyone is saying he is sheite. That thread has differing opinions.

Only a fool wouldn't agree with Victorian in his praise of Bruno so what do you want people to do on this thread?

I suppose everyone could just type "Spot on :thumb:" but that would be a bit pointless and boring.

indeed. i should have started a right old bun fight by also saying that i really rate audrey.

i don't.

:)

Steven Boyack started playing well, then had to be released for financial reasons at the end of his contract.

Found form at the wrong time. Didnt like him at first, but was disappointed when he left.

indeed. i should have started a right old bun fight by also saying that i really rate audrey.

i don't.

:)

Spot on. :thumb:

I think looking back I possibly overlooked how good he was because we had a team full of good players. Also a lot of fans didn't like him because he replaced Brellier.

IIRC he is playing in a very different position to previous ? I am sure before he was playing a more holding type role and sitting back spraying long passes. Now he appears to be playing more like hte Colin Cameron/Paul Hartley role.

Doing well at it too. Still think we could do with another real attacking midfielder.

IIRC he is playing in a very different position to previous ? I am sure before he was playing a more holding type role and sitting back spraying long passes. Now he appears to be playing more like hte Colin Cameron/Paul Hartley role.

Doing well at it too. Still think we could do with another real attacking midfielder.

afternoon fella, potatoes for lunch today is it?

I have heard Robbos do a special..:rolleyes:

yes but the standard of service isn't the best. the waiters virtually throw them at you.

Steven Boyack started playing well, then had to be released for financial reasons at the end of his contract.

Found form at the wrong time. Didnt like him at first, but was disappointed when he left.

I think Aguair's chances of staying at Tynecastle are slim. He's going to have to remain fully fit for the rest of this season and likely take a (significant) cut in salary.

Remember before Aguiar got injured he was put in a couple of rubbish performances but he's been brilliant since he returned from injury. This new position looks like it really suits him.

He should definitely be the set piece taker ahead of Kingston as well.

I think looking back I possibly overlooked how good he was because we had a team full of good players. Also a lot of fans didn't like him because he replaced Brellier.

Agree with that. Ironically, what we saw yesterday showed that we could easily have played Brellier and Bruno in the same team.

I think Aguair's chances of staying at Tynecastle are slim. He's going to have to remain fully fit for the rest of this season and likely take a (significant) cut in salary.

Unfortunately it seems it may be that way.

Agree with that. Ironically, what we saw yesterday showed that we could easily have played Brellier and Bruno in the same team.

Then no Hartley...

Then no Hartley...

Given our other attacking midfield options that season, that's a fair comment, but Bruno was much more than an alternative for Brellier.

We'll maybe be able to compare Bruno and Hartley on Sunday.

He should definitely be the set piece taker ahead of Kingston as well.

Agree. Very rare that he puts in a poor free kick.

If we had that penalty decision stand I'd have had him take it too.

Given our other attacking midfield options that season, that's a fair comment, but Bruno was much more than an alternative for Brellier.

We'll maybe be able to compare Bruno and Hartley on Sunday.

Ironically Hartley is playing the Brellier role now, and Bruno, Brellier's replacement, is playing the Hartley one.

Is that ironic?:confused:

I always rated Bruno.

In the 05-06 season he was a good part of that amazing team that took us to the very heights.

And right now he is single-handedly reminding us how good we were back then.

We had a whole team full of guys with his class.

the king of hearts

This is absolutely correct IMO. We had a team of classy players when Bruno first started so he was easy to overlook. Playing with this current crowd he looks like Pele.

Agree with both points. He weakened the team when he replaced Brellier.

But is starring at the moment compared to the players we have now.

His delivery into the box on Saturday was first class. If only we had Robbo at the far post to knock some of them into the net.

He's just got that little touch of class about him, which I like: but he also get's his sleeves rolled up and fights for the team, which I also like.

I really hope we can keep him.

Buffalo Bill

Positive points

Bruno is an excellent footballer. A continuation of this form would mark him out as one of the best midfielders in the SPL.

Negative points

Not a hope in hell he will be offered a contract of sufficient worth for him to stay beyond the end of this season

Hold your breath points

Slight chance he will not be played in the second half of the season if he doesnt sign the contract offered to him (if this in fact happens) MIGHT be flogged in January if we get a six figure offer

Hands up, I was on holiday and haven't seen Bruno since he came back.

But the reports suggest that he has been playing in the hole previously infested by Audrey and doing it really well.

It is also suggested that Wallace has started to be a real left back and is improving.

So, if we agree that Driver is the best option at left mid, what do we do with David Obua ? Cover for all three positions ?

Hands up, I was on holiday and haven't seen Bruno since he came back.

But the reports suggest that he has been playing in the hole previously infested by Audrey and doing it really well.

It is also suggested that Wallace has started to be a real left back and is improving.

So, if we agree that Driver is the best option at left mid, what do we do with David Obua ? Cover for all three positions ?

I think that he would have to up his form to justify a place in the squad far less replace any of the 3 you mentioned.

It made a real difference having Ruben and Bruno in the midfield on Saturday. They are both intelligent midfielders that played a type of game that Aberdeen can only imagine playing.

Positive points

Bruno is an excellent footballer. A continuation of this form would mark him out as one of the best midfielders in the SPL.

Negative points

Not a hope in hell he will be offered a contract of sufficient worth for him to stay beyond the end of this season

Hold your breath points

Slight chance he will not be played in the second half of the season if he doesnt sign the contract offered to him (if this in fact happens) MIGHT be flogged in January if we get a six figure offer

I know its a slim chance but it would be great if he did take a pay cut to repay the club for helping him over the last 18 months.

Slim I know.

He's come back now a far better player than he was pre-injury.

Hopefully its a good measure of just how much of a difference a bit of hunger makes.

Just look at FACTS.

Negativity rules FACT.

Jeez Luigi.

Bruno has been a class act in the two games. But remember only two games. I know I am putting a dampner on it but I do rate him very highly. And would have to say I reckon Stewart will start to fall completely away from his early season form as we have Bruno as the focal point of the team.

Also Celtic up next. Probably his best game in a Hearts shirt came that day when we beat them 2-1 at 'Castle with Bruno thundering a shot of the bar.

If he does sign a new contract I would be tempted to make him captain. I think he has that something about him.

I always thought Bruno wasn't really suited to the 'Brellier' role as he was too good a footballer to be a mere 'breaker upper'. Delighted that he is now being used in a more advanced role and hopefully he will continue to make the team tick for the rest of the season.

he's been great considering he's been out for so long.

hopefully he gets an extended run in the team. just hoping to see more of his signature free kicks which results in the ball in the back of the net.

Guest JamboRobbo
i don't think it was obvious before just how much we need bruno.

Back then, I don't think it was obvious how much we needed Bruno, because we didn't need Bruno all that much. Because we had other quality players in the midfield. Now, Bruno stands out like a sore thumb.

Archived