Current first choice XI (assuming everyone is fit)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Was considering yesterday that some of our biggest paid players are injured at present - Kingston, Obua and Tullberg. Leaving aside any other nonsense rumours about players being "injured" then, what would be the first choice team at present because I'm not sure all of these players would get in the side.

Mine is: -

Kello - Neilson, Jonsson, Berra, Wallace - Cesnauskis, Stewart, Aguiar, Driver - Nade, Tullberg

Subs: Balogh, Karipidis, Zaliukas, Kingston, Obua, Glen, Mikoliunas

Guest jambomickey
Was considering yesterday that some of our biggest paid players are injured at present - Kingston, Obua and Tullberg. Leaving aside any other nonsense rumours about players being "injured" then, what would be the first choice team at present because I'm not sure all of these players would get in the side.

Kello - Neilson, Jonsson, Berra, Wallace - Cesnauskis, Stewart, Aguiar, Driver - Nade, Tullberg

balogh, jonsson, berra, karapidis, odua, stewart, aguiar, cesnauskas, driver, nade, glen subs tullberg, kingston, zaliukas, wallace, mikoliunas, nielsen, kello

This has been a regular occurance over the past few seasons Geoff, even leading me to speculate on a 'budget' based theory on team selection. Our highest earners have rarely ever taken the field at the same time in the last few seasons under Romanov.

For what it's worth:

Kello - Neilson, Karipidis, Berra, Wallace - Kingston, Stewart, Aguiar, Driver - Aguiar - Nade

Would probably be my strongest team. I haven't seen Tullberg play so I have no idea whether he is good enough to start. Ksanavicius would be sent back to Lithuania, as he is nowhere near good enough for Scottish football.

Balogh

Neilson

Berra

Kari

Wallace

Kingston

Stewart

Bruno

Jonsson

Driver

Nade

Subs: Kello, Obua, Tullberg, Miko, Zal, Glen, Chesney

Randle P McMurphy
This has been a regular occurance over the past few seasons Geoff, even leading me to speculate on a 'budget' based theory on team selection. Our highest earners have rarely ever taken the field at the same time in the last few seasons under Romanov.

For what it's worth:

Kello - Neilson, Karipidis, Berra, Wallace - Kingston, Stewart, Aguiar, Driver - Aguiar - Nade

Would probably be my strongest team. I haven't seen Tullberg play so I have no idea whether he is good enough to start. Ksanavicius would be sent back to Lithuania, as he is nowhere near good enough for Scottish football.

Fexsake Aguiar will be knackered playing up front and in midfield

For what it's worth:

Oops, swap Jonsson in for the first Aguiar.:o

I think that Laszlo's first choicewould be

Kello

Neilson

Zaliukas

Berra

Wallace

Karipidis

Kingston

Stewart

Driver

Obua/Aguiar

Tullberg

IMO, that would be his first choice.

not so sure now what the best starting 11 should be but with what is there at the moment i would say:

kello

jonsson

berra

zalikus*replace as soon as*

obua*think he would be better a lb

kignston*strange he is better in the middle but we have better in the middle so he is on the wing but should be inthe middle blah blah

kari

stewart/bruno

driver

tullberg

nade

magicjohnston

i would love to see mcgowan get a game infront of zali just now, he looked very able when playing the end of last season...infact what about rapnik, havent seen him play for the reserves so cant comment but surely not a bad shout for cb with berra?

Balogh/Kello not really convinced by either tbh

Kara

Berra

Zali

Wallace

Miko

Stewart

Driver

Bruno

Nade

Glen

At home then at away put Bruno back in midfield and Glen behind Nade.

Kello - bombscare moments against the hobos apart he's fairly solid

Jonsson - I'm warming to him in the RB role he had a couple of really well timed tackled yesterday after chasing the player down, Robbie just scythes them down after getting skinned.

Berra - As a Defender, not as a Captain

Karapidis - Zaliukas is a liablility his lapses in concentration are ridiculous to say the least. He can have a good game then spoil it all by passing the ball to an opponent to gift them the winner. Karapidis is growing in stature game by game

Obua - I still think he has quality, and I would like to see him given a run at LB (although Wallaces game has improved, and will continue to do so with more first team practice)

Kingston - He is our most gifted player, but I would only start him here if he sorts out his lazy bassa problem, if he can't sort himself out then play Cesnauskas on the right

Stewart - He is beginning to shed the heedless chicken with attitude persona and he does have the ability to create chances

Aguiar - Class act

Driver - I don't think it's simply co-incidence that we have struggled since he's been out. He causes defences real problems and is one of the couple of players we have that can play that telling ball into the box

Nade - As he approaches full fitness he has shown that he can play in that one up role really well, give him a poacher to work with and I think we may have what we need up front

Tullberg - Not seen enough of him to be honest but I do believe he has quality. It's fairly obvious though that we need a predatory Striker to run onto the balls created from Nade's hold-up play.

Subs

Balogh

Wallace

Mikoliunas

Glen

Cesnauskas

Zaliukas

------------------Kello----------------

Jonsson---McGowan---Berra----Wallace

-----------------Karipidis--------------

Kingston---------Stewart--------Driver

------------------Aguiar---------------

-----------------Tullberg--------------

I would also sign three players in January to make this team stronger. I've gone for McGowan because I know he won't switch off as much as Zaliukas but I'd still prefer a more experienced centre half. I'd like a new left back because, despite two strong back to back appearances, I'm not convinced by Wallace and I'd sign a forward who could play as both the lone striker and play the Aguiar role (like an Alan Gow type of player).

I'd guess Csaba's preferred team would be

Balogh

Jonsson -- Zaliukas -- Berra -- Wallace

Stewart -- Karipidis

Kingston ------ Obua ------- Driver

Tullberg

..................Balogh

Jonsson, Zaliukas, Berra, Wallace

Kingston, Stewart, Karipidis, Driver

......................Obua

..............Tullberg

Drylaw Hearts
..................Balogh

Jonsson, Zaliukas, Berra, Wallace

Kingston, Stewart, Karipidis, Driver

......................Obua

..............Tullberg

No Aguiar ?

wheatfield to sheffield

Best XI:

Smith - Kidd, Whittaker, Jardine, Levein - Berry, Black, Mackay - Clark, Colquhoun, Robertson.

Ian Jardine and Billy Mackay as subs.

Nurse, is it time for my medication yet?

Got as far as Jamie McDonald (after a long debate with myself between him and Banks) and then my head started to hurt too much trying to work it out.

God, we have played some really good stuff at times in the last 2 games, that I can't even decide between 4-5-1 (midfield grip) and 4-4-2 (maybe a striker will get in the box).

I suppose McDonald, Berra, Driver and Stewart would definitely play, Karapidis and Aguair accomodated somewhere, although I believe the 4-5-1 is suiting them better than the 4-4-2 would.I'd beg Nade and Kingston to please, please play well and show you have talent.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

kello

kari

zal

berra

obua

miko

stewart

aguiar

kingston

driver

nade

a 4-3-3 on attack, 4-5-1 without the ball

Kello - bombscare moments against the hobos apart he's fairly solid

Jonsson - I'm warming to him in the RB role he had a couple of really well timed tackled yesterday after chasing the player down, Robbie just scythes them down after getting skinned.

Berra - As a Defender, not as a Captain

Karapidis - Zaliukas is a liablility his lapses in concentration are ridiculous to say the least. He can have a good game then spoil it all by passing the ball to an opponent to gift them the winner. Karapidis is growing in stature game by game

Obua - I still think he has quality, and I would like to see him given a run at LB (although Wallaces game has improved, and will continue to do so with more first team practice)

Kingston - He is our most gifted player, but I would only start him here if he sorts out his lazy bassa problem, if he can't sort himself out then play Cesnauskas on the right

Stewart - He is beginning to shed the heedless chicken with attitude persona and he does have the ability to create chances

Aguiar - Class act

Driver - I don't think it's simply co-incidence that we have struggled since he's been out. He causes defences real problems and is one of the couple of players we have that can play that telling ball into the box

Nade - As he approaches full fitness he has shown that he can play in that one up role really well, give him a poacher to work with and I think we may have what we need up front

Tullberg - Not seen enough of him to be honest but I do believe he has quality. It's fairly obvious though that we need a predatory Striker to run onto the balls created from Nade's hold-up play.

Subs

Balogh

Wallace

Mikoliunas

Glen

Cesnauskas

Zaliukas

i agree in the whole wih this but, as he is more and more proving that he can keep the head, I would make Mr Stewart the club captain. I actualy think Berra would prefer it that way.

MacDonald

Jonnson Karipidis Berra Wallace

Kingston Aguiar Stewart Driver

Nade Glen

THATS THE BEST ONE HERE :)

although where would u put ruben u can't have him on the bench......

Drop Kingston and maybe put aguiar on the right and ruben in the middle?

THATS THE BEST ONE HERE :)

although where would u put ruben u can't have him on the bench......

Drop Kingston and maybe put aguiar on the right and ruben in the middle?

Dunno, the bus home? Just kidding, but I do think Ruben is more of a fresh pair of legs type sub rather than a regular starter.

Dunno, the bus home? Just kidding, but I do think Ruben is more of a fresh pair of legs type sub rather than a regular starter.

i'd drop kingston his performances have dropped of late.

i rate ruben highly , i rate stewart and aguiar highly and also driver. so theres 4.

_______________Kello

__Jonsson Karipidis Berra Wallace

Kingston Stewart Aguiar Obua Driver

___________Tullberg/Nade

Subs

Balogh

Neilson

Zaliukas

Palazuelos

Mikoliunas

Cesnauskis

Nade/Tullberg

Don't get to games that much now living up here with the sheep but didn't think this team looked too bad on paper.

Art Vanderlay

Balogh... too soon to say who our best option is between the sticks

Jonsson

Karipidis

Berra

Wallace (jeez... maybe time to give Rapnik a chance)

Kingston

Aguiar / Palazuelos

Aguiar / Stewart

Driver

Nade

Templeton

------------------Kello

Jonsson---McGowan---Berra---Wallace

Cesnauskis--Karipidis--Stewart--Driver

-----------------Aguiar

------------------Nade

Wasn't at the match on Saturday so can't comment on Balogh.

As much as I'm a fan of Zaliukas he's making too many mistakes and it would be interesting to see how either McGowan or Rapnik did in the first team.

I'd also like to see Templeton getting on the bench in place of Audrey so we can see what he can do in the first team.

Can't comment on Tullberg and at the moment Kingston's a lazy a'hole so that would be my team for hamilton at home I guess.

MacDonald

Neilson

Karipidis

Berra

Wallace

Kingston

Stewart

Aguair

Driver

Nade

Glen

Pretty close but I would go with

ANOther goalkeeper (no idea which of the 5 is best)

Neilson-Karipidis-Berra-Wallace

Kingston-Jonsson-Stewart-Aguiar-Driver

Nade

With the poor quality of the squad and poor workrate of some of the better players, it has to be 4-5-1 with Aguiar pushing further up the pitch. Our best defence last year was the 4 above. And which of the goalies is best - no real idea.

Kello

Neilson Berra Karapidis Wallace

Miko Bruno Stewart Driver

Nade Glen

Not sure about glen as he hasnt really been given a chance this season but i rate him.

1st post!!!

Guest JamboRobbo

McDonald

Johnson Berra Karapidas Wallace

Larry Bruno Stewart Driver

Nade Glen

Subs. Ruben Miko Chesny Tullberg Kello, Neilson plus kids

Passengers needing transfer listed: Zaliukas, Ksanavicius, Mole, Thomson

Miko could easily replace Larry if Larry's attitude doesn't improve. And Neilson might be better in the short term than Johnson, but I think Johnson might have more potential in the long term. So a trade off there.

But key for me is keeping the passengers out of the team, and preferably replace them with others who at least have a chance of having something to offer......

Frankenstein Jambo.
Best XI:

Smith - Kidd, Whittaker, Jardine, Levein - Berry, Black, Mackay - Clark, Colquhoun, Robertson.

Ian Jardine and Billy Mackay as subs.

Nurse, is it time for my medication yet?

What no Wayne Foster?

Archived