Gregor Shore 80 flats left.

Munch

I Got told on Friday that there are 80 flats left to sell at Platinum Point, they are basically shells and are only partially constructed, the Administrator is talking about selling them off individually to anyone prepared to fork out 30k per unit ( regardless of size) (ist come ist serve will be the polocy) or it may even be a make me an offer and we will consider it job.

Anyone know how much it would roughly cost to get a builder to complete a flat ? could be a bargain too be had for the right person.:eek:

I Got told on Friday that there are 80 flats left to sell at Platinum Point, they are basically shells and are only partially constructed, the Administrator is talking about selling them off individually to anyone prepared to fork out 30k per unit ( regardless of size) (ist come ist serve will be the polocy) or it may even be a make me an offer and we will consider it job.

Anyone know how much it would roughly cost to get a builder to complete a flat ? could be a bargain too be had for the right person.:eek:

Could also be a pretty poor decision !!

Ask yourself WHY they are prepared to let these go for 30k per unit ? :rolleyes:

The simple answer is they are not even worth that much.

I wouldn't buy down there at any price.

By The Light..

you'd have to buy the whole lot to ensure you had a roof on the thing first!

who would maintain the building, can you imagine 80 amatuers trying to collectively do this?

Could also be a pretty poor decision !!

Ask yourself WHY they are prepared to let these go for 30k per unit ? :rolleyes:The simple answer is they are not even worth that much.

I wouldn't buy down there at any price.

Id guess the Administrator is just trying to get as much cash in the pot as possible, if he got the 30k a pop, then he would raise a tidy 2.4 million, and not have the hastle of finishing off the work.

All I'm saying is if you were a builder and could finish one of them for 25k, and you were looking for a cheap place to live in, it could be worth a punt.

Personally id avoid the place like the plague, but each to there own, remember these flats were selling for around 300k 2 years ago.:eek:

you'd have to buy the whole lot to ensure you had a roof on the thing first!

who would maintain the building, can you imagine 80 amatuers trying to collectively do this?

The roof and the outer works are complete, services are also in place, but the flats themselves are just shells, need completely fitted out.:P

Id guess the Administrator is just trying to get as much cash in the pot as possible, if he got the 30k a pop, then he would raise a tidy 2.4 million, and not have the hastle of finishing off the work.

All I'm saying is if you were a builder and could finish one of them for 25k, and you were looking for a cheap place to live in, it could be worth a punt.

Personally id avoid the place like the plague, but each to there own, remember these flats were selling for around 300k 2 years ago.:eek:

Indeed you could get yourself a cheap flat. However who you are neighbours with could be interesting. :eek:

I see no reason why flats, ready to move in, in places like Gorgie, Leith and Dalry will be sold for any more than 60-70k in a few years. That or an empty shell in Granton for 30k ?

Archived