Ramos sacked

Ivan Drago

What a strange time to sack your manager, considering they didnt have a game today

the sporting director commoli , poyet and another coach are all gone too

Entirely just decision though, spurs need to go back to basics and get a team together rather than 11 expensive individuals

What a strange time to sack your manager, considering they didnt have a game today

the sporting director commoli , poyet and another coach are all gone too

Entirely just decision though, spurs need to go back to basics and get a team together rather than 11 expensive individuals

Agree completely with that, spurs need to get back to a couple of years ago when they would fight together as a team and thats how they were the 5th force in England.They think they are better than they are and that is the problem.However i would have kept Poyet as i think he seems like a good influence to the players.

Absolutely bizarre that they should punt both Comolli and Ramos. At least this may be an end to the Sporting Director nonsense - but who's next for that hottest of hot seats? What a shambles.

Its a done deal, Harry Redknapp will be next boss!! ;)

You wont ;)get odds anywhere on him.

Really? I'd have thought they'd go for Phil Brown.

Really? I'd have thought they'd go for Phil Brown.

Would you like to return, Martin?

Does anyone think there could be more to this, such as a takeover ?

The timing seems very strange, as does the fact its not just Ramos, but also the entire back room team.

New manager is Redknapp!!! just announced that portsmouth are discussing severance package

Does anyone think there could be more to this, such as a takeover ?

The timing seems very strange, as does the fact its not just Ramos, but also the entire back room team.

New manager is Redknapp!!! just announced that portsmouth are discussing severance package

Nah. Levy does want to sell the club - he wants CL football not so much for the footballing prestige as it increasing the valuation of THFC. But Redknapp almost took the Newcastle job last season, and Mike Ashley, Daniel Levy and their various advisors (arf!) are all good friends. 'Arry, though, would never ever work under a Sporting Director: so to get him, they've had to punt everyone else.

Spurs fans will hate Redknapp getting the gig, mind.

Would you like to return, Martin?

I think Spurs could have done a lot worse than beg for Jol to return, a fantastic manager.

Although, it looks like it's Redknapp and you'd have to suggest this is short term solution to get them out their current mess rather than an attempt at building for the future.

I think Redknapp's naive tactics with Portsmouth in Europe have shown how limited he is at the next level.

God that Jason Cundy talks some pash

"spurs too big to go down"

They were doing a pretty good job of getting roasted by every pash team in the league.

Redknapp might save them this season but he wont take them onto the level Levy wants. A very shortsighted decision

I think Spurs could have done a lot worse than beg for Jol to return, a fantastic manager.

Although, it looks like it's Redknapp and you'd have to suggest this is short term solution to get them out their current mess rather than an attempt at building for the future.

I think Redknapp's naive tactics with Portsmouth in Europe have shown how limited he is at the next level.

To be fair though Martin, eshpeshally after the way you were treated by the Shpursh, I imagine you must feel a moral reshponshibilidee to Hamburg, anyway. It'sh a different peesh of cake, no?

They were doing a pretty good job of getting roasted by every pash team in the league.

Redknapp might save them this season but he wont take them onto the level Levy wants. A very shortsighted decision

He could get them into, say, the top 6 next season though. Going much further is almost impossible now anyway.

Destruction Derby

Talk that Harry could be in charge for TOMORROWS game, according to SSN

Anyone think he might have been tapped up hence the reason ramos is sacked then straight after Harry gets approached.

Talk that Harry could be in charge for TOMORROWS game, according to SSN

Anyone think he might have been tapped up hence the reason ramos is sacked then straight after Harry gets approached.

The Spurs website is stating that Clive Allen and Craig Inglethorpe - youth coaches - are definitly in charge tomorrow

There must have been some sort of tapping up going on to bring it about so quickly but then thats football

Portsmouth will be compensated that wee bit more to cover it.

A quick look at the spurs squad shows exactly what the problem is, they have no defensive players and its basically 11 attack minded players

Redknapp just quoted as confirming its all agreed....

Claims spurs approached pompey without his knowledge and pompey couldnt turn down the cash.

Confirmed now.. Harrys the new manager of Spurs. Wonder if he will take Defoe back?! Turned into an interesting Saturday night afterall!

Vlad will be chasing the Spurs, and Pompey PR teams.

Apparently been going on since yesterday negotiations, vlad would be proud of the lack of leaks.

5 million compo, redknapp basically saying pompey needed the money, sounds like everyone was desperate for it to go through

Destruction Derby
The Spurs website is stating that Clive Allen and Craig Inglethorpe - youth coaches - are definitly in charge tomorrow

There must have been some sort of tapping up going on to bring it about so quickly but then thats football

Portsmouth will be compensated that wee bit more to cover it.

A quick look at the spurs squad shows exactly what the problem is, they have no defensive players and its basically 11 attack minded players

Althugh he won't be in charge he is going to be in the dressing room before the game and also at half time, be interesting if he has a mobile or a walkie talkie with him in the stand.

Totally baseless remark. One poor display away in Europe and suddenly he's gash.. Redknapp has done really well at Portsmouth, twice, and will get Spurs going again.

Another possible problem is Levy's preference for a Director of football and Redknapp's history of being unable to work with someone between him and the chairman.

For example, Velimir Zajec in his first spell at Portsmouth and Clive Woodward at Southampton.

It'll be interesting to see what happens at Spurs in the next few weeks.

Say What Again

Looks like it's a definite according to the Beeb

Wonder how Portsmouth fans feel?

Don't doubt it's a good (financial move) for 'Arry, but I'd be peed as a Pompey fan.

JP?

Looks like it's a definite according to the Beeb

Wonder how Portsmouth fans feel?

Don't doubt it's a good (financial move) for 'Arry, but I'd be peed as a Pompey fan.

JP?

*insert a load of foul language*

just hope he does the same with spurs as he did the last time he left us

*insert a load of foul language*

just hope he does the same with spurs as he did the last time he left us

could be a tough season ahead - read pompey are going to have to sell in january to balance the books?

Say What Again

Says Spurs have had great players like Dave MacKay.

I'm warming to him. He knows a player anyway.

Greaves, Linekar, Gazza, (inserts others). He picks Dave MacKay

rudi must stay
it needed to happen

don't think it did tbh. Ramos has a great track record, so he would have turned things around IMO

is no one else amazed that spurs have paid ?5m for a journeyman manager???

esp since i dont think he fits the spurs mould,but i have always liked him and think he suits the underdog teams

Ahh Spurs. The Hibs of England.

"apparently" play passing football with flair, always should be winning the "major" trophys. A "big" team.....

Oh and also a liking for the Micky Mouse equivalent of the CIS Cup!

The phrase more money than sense was invented to describe Spurs. ?5m for 'arry?! I guess they never learn from their mistakes. They have just had to pay off one manager they originally had to pay top dollar for and look to be doing it all over again. What a farce of a club. Ramos has turned out to be one of the worst EPL appointments in recent memory, not least because of the farcical manner of his arrival, with the club forcing out a manager who had them in the top 6 while their pursuit of his replacement was smeared all over the back pages. They went for a big name despite the fact he could not speakay the lingo and had no experience outside of Spain then spent millions on the wrong type of players. Now they have gone for another big name, a guy who has 1 major trophy to his name after 20+ years of trying and he had to spend big to achieve that. Another short sighted appointment IMO, Harry is a decent enough manager but I think he will be totally out of his depth at spuds.

Spurs for the drop!

Archived