Eggy at right back

Le Chat

What's everyone's thoughts on this now that he's had a wee run there ?

I thought he did quite well against Ratboy last week and I thought he did well again today. He seems to be settling well there.

Better than Robbie any day :)

Guest jambomickey
What's everyone's thoughts on this now that he's had a wee run there ?

I thought he did quite well against Ratboy last week and I thought he did well again today. He seems to be settling there well.

Better than Robbie any day :)

he's been doing well at right back and at this moment is a better option than jason thomson

Better than others we've had in this position in recent times, though sometimes did think last week he left The Rat a bit open at times. Still getting a thumbs up from me at the moment though.

Guest jambomickey
WHEN WAS HE ACTUALLY OUT THERE? INSTEAD OF DROPPING INSIDE THE BACK 2? WHER YOU THERE?

yeah i was there mate! i know what you mean now though.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Tackling, first half especially, was excellent. Growing in to the position steadily.

letsalllaughathobos

is robbie going to stroll back into the team?

probably.

where does that leave eggert.

hopfully he keeps the position as he's been doing well their.

is robbie going to stroll back into the team?

probably.

where does that leave eggert.

hopfully he keeps the position as he's been doing well their.

Will Robbie come back? I had almost erased the memory of him.

Not his natural position, and not the best right back we've ever had.....but certainly the best option in that position at the moment.

letsalllaughathobos

it was on the hearts website that he's not far away from full fitness needs a couple of reseve games first it said.

i personally hope he doesn't with young eggert doing so well.

it was on the hearts website that he's not far away from full fitness needs a couple of reseve games first it said.

i personally hope he doesn't with young eggert doing so well.

Can't see him fitting into current squad at all, at least with Jonsson you know he's young and improving all the time, with Neilson what you see is what you get unfortunately

Randle P McMurphy

I still dont think he is suited to this position but I rate him highly as a player so happy to see him on the pitch. The main problem I see is that he doesnt have the speed over the first 10 yards so a nippy winger can nip past him and he has to resort to fouling. Fortunately he hasn't come up against too many pacy wingers but McGeady might give him a hard time next week.

I would prefer to see him in Karapidis's role and Kara dropping back to take Zaliukas's place.

south morocco
There is a big danger in the channel between Jonsson and Zaliukas...It is causing problems.

thats because zaliuskis is murder and was at fault aberdeen goal, ship him out please vlad

Despite the annoying shouts of 'out of position' (why must there be a designated position for a player for their entire careers?) I think he could make a name for himself at right back. I disagree with Csaba in that I think he CAN play in midfield but I think he has more potential to be a truly great (SPL) player at right back.

Libertonian_II

Neither Jonsson or Neilson can pass water as far as I'm concerned, but at least Jonsson has a wee bit pace...

Six of one, half a dozen of the other at the moment. Thing is that Jonsson can only get better, I think.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Maybe I have been spoiled as a Hearts fan but I have seen some great attacking full backs over the last 20 years and Eggy's inability to get forward is my main concern. Defensively I think he's great but we lack options going forward when the wide guys aren't getting any overlapping runs. When he did get forward today and last Sunday he looks kind of lost as he gets to the bye line. Guys who know the position inside out (e.g Tosh McKinley, Stevie Frail, Takis) took on the form of a winger at times but Eggy doesnt have that in his locker. If he can learn the going forward bit then he might turn into a great full back but not yet

Maybe I have been spoiled as a Hearts fan but I have seen some great attacking full backs over the last 20 years and Eggy's inability to get forward is my main concern. Defensively I think he's great but we lack options going forward when the wide guys aren't getting any overlapping runs. When he did get forward today and last Sunday he looks kind of lost as he gets to the bye line. Guys who know the position inside out (e.g Tosh McKinley, Stevie Frail, Takis) took on the form of a winger at times but Eggy doesnt have that in his locker. If he can learn the going forward bit then he might turn into a great full back but not yet

yes but mostly from the left Frail for half a season only is/was the only attacking threat we've ever had from right back in more than 30 years.

Let's wait until next week -- he will have to face a decent opponent in McGeady or Nakamura and a team that will attack -- that will be a good judge of where he stands at present.

Libertonian_II

In recent times, attacking fullbacks have been a rarity at Tynie. On the left, Takis and Mahe have done the business. On the right, only Frail and Maybury get honourable mentions

Think he has been decent so far this season, however I really dont see him as a long term option to replacing Neilson.

And as much as I would love him to stop Neilson getting back in the team on ability in that specific position - I am not quite sure if he can.

I think we may have to settle for seeing Robbie back in the team until another option is found.

Is Alan Maybury still training with us?

Archived