pen decision aside...........

Debut 4

I thought Hearts were decent again. The game was similar to last week were we conceded early but went on to dominate.

But what i`m enjoying more is our willingness to work the ball and the movement of the players.

To see our full backs bomb up the line and support the wide mid man.

We`re playing nice little moves to open up space and the last two games we really have started to get behind teams far better.

Obviously we have it all to prove longer term but maybe we are starting to see the fruits of Csabas work with the team? It`s all in it`s infancy and we defo still have our problems that need addressing but it`s far more encouraging.

Players are looking to play to feet all the time if it`s on and the link up with the lone striker has been far better.

Let`s hope it continues and just gets better.

SImilarly to last week the opposing goalie did not have a save to make in the 90 minutes, not one shot on target that I can remember yet we blazed one over late on that could have won it. Another deserved draw sadly.

The Old Tolbooth

I thought we were all over the shop until we scored out of nothing, and then after that we dominated possession without creating too much, and although Langfield didn't have much to do, Balogh had even less!

I thought we were all over the shop until we scored out of nothing, and then after that we dominated possession without creating too much, and although Langfield didn't have much to do, Balogh had even less!

agree and the goal came at the right time. It gave us a lift and while we never really had claer efforts in the first half we got into good situations which we didn`t take advantage of.

The same in the second half although we actually did have 2, 3 efforts which we should have scored with. Mikos ball after beating his man was a complete lack of composure. He had time to pick out a man or knock it into a decent area.

These are the moments we should be taking advantage of more often.

The Old Tolbooth
agree and the goal came at the right time. It gave us a lift and while we never really had claer efforts in the first half we got into good situations which we didn`t take advantage of.

The same in the second half although we actually did have 2, 3 efforts which we should have scored with. Mikos ball after beating his man was a complete lack of composure. He had time to pick out a man or knock it into a decent area.

These are the moments we should be taking advantage of more often.

Miko's head went down after the ref wrongly booked him unfortunately, that was never a booking in a million years (especially after the dons player got away without even a talking to for assaulting him in the first 15 mins) and it really stopped him in his tracks as I thought he was having a decent game until then.

The return of Bruno and Nade will have a lot to do with this.

2 players who can actually play the positions that are asked of them rather than Audrey and Mole.

The return of Bruno and Nade will have a lot to do with this.

2 players who can actually play the positions that are asked of them rather than Audrey and Mole.

Spot on, I think that's why Bruno is making such a difference, he's always where he's needed to be. Mole's sense of positioning is non-existant, don't think he has a clue where the ball is 90% of the time.

Randle P McMurphy

I thought we did quite well again this week, we just need a goal threat up front. I thought a draw was a fair result. Balogh may have had nothing to do but they did hit the bar and the post in the second half!

from what i can see csaba is trying to get the players to pass and move , keep possesion

get players down the wings and get in behind the defenders, with a proper striker we could score hatful's , bruno seems hungry which is great, hopefully in january we can get someone who can hit a cows arse with a banjo!!!!!

I thought we did quite well again this week, we just need a goal threat up front. I thought a draw was a fair result. Balogh may have had nothing to do but they did hit the bar and the post in the second half!

I still think it`s the formation mate or we lack that extra bit of quality coming through from midfield and wide to score and make chances.

The thing is, 4-5-1 has worked in a sense in the last two games. As someone says, the introduction of Bruno and Nade has helped us get behind teams better and look more dangerous.

But, you can`t just rely on the sole front man to be puting the ball away all the time. Nade drops of alot to hold up play and let people get behind him therefore the midfield must take responsibility to get in the box.

I feel if 4-5-1 is to work we need a Hartley/Cameron type player who has a great engine and knack of goalscoring from midfield.

Otherwise if we continue to dominate games but still not win them we MUST change to two upfront to have more of an instant threat in the last third.

With a poacher up front I reckon this team could do pretty well. I like the passing style we are trying to play. It just seems to lack a cutting edge and killer pass at the moment. When we do get the ball near goal we don't have a player who just happens to be in the right place at the right time.

Give us a Hartley/Cameron at his peak type player and a wee Robbo and I think we would be on track.

Two weeks running we have looked like a team - some of our play was good to watch but again the lack of a penalty box striker is costing us.

Bruno was superb again yesterday.

Miko's head went down after the ref wrongly booked him unfortunately, that was never a booking in a million years (especially after the dons player got away without even a talking to for assaulting him in the first 15 mins) and it really stopped him in his tracks as I thought he was having a decent game until then.

A wrongful booking was to blame for dreadful decision-making and a basic lack of quality? Do me a favour.

I pretty much agree with the OP. We dominated most of the game, but created little actual chances. IMO the only thing missing this week and last week is a goal scorer, add that to the mix and our draws would soon turn to healthy wins.

With a poacher up front I reckon this team could do pretty well. I like the passing style we are trying to play. It just seems to lack a cutting edge and killer pass at the moment. When we do get the ball near goal we don't have a player who just happens to be in the right place at the right time.

Give us a Hartley/Cameron at his peak type player and a wee Robbo and I think we would be on track.

Agree, while i like Nade and he does alot of good work, sometimes he doesn`t have that second wind after setting up a move, to get into the box and lurk.

4-5-1 makes it hard to work really, because the lone striker is expected to do alot of work outside the box. With two upfront one can sit on the last man and wait for the ball breaking.

Agree, while i like Nade and he does alot of good work, sometimes he doesn`t have that second wind after setting up a move, to get into the box and lurk.

4-5-1 makes it hard to work really, because the lone striker is expected to do alot of work outside the box. With two upfront one can sit on the last man and wait for the ball breaking.

Agree about Nade. If you watch him he is the one who puts the balls into the box for someone to poke in the back of the net. He certainly doesn't look like the goaltaker. We need someone up there with him who can finish off the moves. Nade starts moves but can't finish them very often IMO.

The Old Tolbooth
A wrongful booking was to blame for dreadful decision-making and a basic lack of quality? Do me a favour.

Maybe I didn't explain it properly Peebo, I just thought his head went right down after he got booked, almost as if to say "why the F do I bother?"

You cant blame the guy for thinking that but your right about poor decision making and lack of quality in the second half yesterday, it wasn't one of his better games, though he's definitely not the worst.

Maybe I didn't explain it properly Peebo, I just thought his head went right down after he got booked, almost as if to say "why the F do I bother?"

You cant blame the guy for thinking that but your right about poor decision making and lack of quality in the second half yesterday, it wasn't one of his better games, though he's definitely not the worst.

Miko is a player who thrives or fails on confidence.

Getting booked for **** all and realising this referee has it in for you will not do much for confidence.

Not the only reason, maybe he just played pish. However I think the booking must have had a negative impact on him.

jambos are go!

It was a good game to watch and there is no doubt Lazlo has them playing football. Bruno return is a great boost and he'll get fitter and better IMO. Some of his free kicks/corners were tremendous.

Starting with Falkirk it appears that teams set out to dominate early play before we get into our stride.

The system looks good to me but there is a lack of quality throughout the squad. It's early days into Lazslo's term and we need to understand as football fans that the immediate turnaround and amount of quality we brought in under Burley is a rare occurance.

All you can judge Csaba on so far is to compare this to last season with pretty much the same players, and I'd say we're looking much better this time around.

I think that Aguiar has made a huge difference.

He has been very intelligent in his play, finding space and looking to play others in.

Miko never had his best game but he is not a first choice player.

Kingston and Driver are and they were both missing from the team.

There are several similarities between Saturday and the derby match.

Mainly the ease with which we let the other team score, and our own inability to stick the ball in the net.

Other than that, we played some nice stuff..... dominated most of the game.

The lack of clear chances is a worry though.

Aye, that's two games in a row where we have looked like A) we had a plan and B) everyone actually knew what it was :)

The 'Zaliukas' goal was a blow but other than that I don't recall any 'eyes looking to the skies' kind of moments !

Bruno is making such a difference in MF too, allowing Mikey to have an off day or at least a breather. It's already been noted on here that in previous matches, stifling him effectively stifled any chance we had in a game. Now that basic tactic isn't working with Bruno and Kari taking up the baton :) Also the good thing about having Eggert and Lee at FB is that, whilst it gets a bit hairy at times when their back tracking :rolleyes:, It does introduce 'players' in that position and we can now start passing moves from deep positions.

Still early days but I said on Saturday that we just needed to reproduce the derby performance to get a result. Obviously we now need to take something similar into the Tic game ..........hopefully with Driver and Larry fit to return

Aye, that's two games in a row where we have looked like A) we had a plan and B) everyone actually knew what it was :)

The 'Zaliukas' goal was a blow but other than that I don't recall any 'eyes looking to the skies' kind of moments !

Bruno is making such a difference in MF too, allowing Mikey to have an off day or at least a breather. It's already been noted on here that in previous matches, stifling him effectively stifled any chance we had in a game. Now that basic tactic isn't working with Bruno and Kari taking up the baton :)Also the good thing about having Eggert and Lee at FB is that, whilst it gets a bit hairy at times when their back tracking :rolleyes:, It does introduce 'players' in that position and we can now start passing moves from deep positions.

Still early days but I said on Saturday that we just needed to reproduce the derby performance to get a result. Obviously we now need to take something similar into the Tic game ..........hopefully with Driver and Larry fit to return

But it`s had a huge plus side BD. With both Jinky and Wallace commiting themselves forward we`re now pushing teams back and forcing them to defend. I think that`s why we`ve started to dominate more.

Last season was cagey. It was like our full backs where directed to sit in their own half and by doing so we didn`t give the oppositon another problem to think about.

It`s all about timing of course, but it`s working IMO. The last time we had that threat was when Fyssas played.

I thought we dominated large spells of the game without creating anything. A draw was a fair result in the end though. If the two Aberdeen strikes were a few inches lower or further inside, we would have come away with nothing.

Bruno is by far the most impressive player in our side.

I thought we dominated large spells of the game without creating anything. A draw was a fair result in the end though. If the two Aberdeen strikes were a few inches lower or further inside, we would have come away with nothing.

Bruno is by far the most impressive player in our side.

I wholeheartedly disagree with that and i`ve noticed others say it too? Apart from their goal Aberdeen hit the woodwork with two long range efforts which either hit the target or hit row z, they never got close enough to get any real chances.

Once Hearts got going our goal was a good move and finish inside the box. Then Miko missed a close in diving header from a corner.

We had several good situations inside the box we didn`t make enough of but we missed argubly 3 easy headers in the 2nd half which all were put off target.

Then there was Chesney`s effort which then led to Mole`s miss. Imo that`s a few close in efforts which should have at least brought us a winning goal.

I wholeheartedly disagree with that and i`ve noticed others say it too? Apart from their goal Aberdeen hit the woodwork with two long range efforts which either hit the target or hit row z, they never got close enough to get any real chances.

Once Hearts got going our goal was a good move and finish inside the box. Then Miko missed a close in diving header from a corner.

We had several good situations inside the box we didn`t make enough of but we missed argubly 3 easy headers in the 2nd half which all were put off target.

Then there was Chesney`s effort which then led to Mole`s miss. Imo that`s a few close in efforts which should have at least brought us a winning goal.

Langfield never had to work though, that's what I meant. We're so toothless at times it's shocking.

awadooningorgie2

I thought Miko looked a yard off the pace - maybe he always is but it seemed very apparent on Saturday. Everything broke down when it went through him - noticed Stewart deliberately didn;t give him the ball at one point in the second half.

IMO Lazlo really got the team and subs wrong - Chesnie should have been on a lot earlier, Nade should and Bruno would have done more over 90 mins than the guys who replaced them.

Guest JamboRobbo

Agree our performances the past two weeks are encouraging. Shows the difference that removing passengers (Mole, Ksanavicius) and putting in football players (Bruno, Nade) can make.

I hope we get rid of the other passengers from our team and squad as soon as possible (e.g. Zalilukas), and performances should continue to improve in line with this decrease in the number of passengers in our team/squad.

Still plenty work to be done, but Mole and Ksanavicius out and Bruno and Nade in is a step in the right direction.

Agree our performances the past two weeks are encouraging. Shows the difference that removing passengers (Mole, Ksanavicius) and putting in football players (Bruno, Nade) can make.

It has always been the case that we had to be patient and wait for our better players to become available for selection.

Jist get that clown Bombscare Zaliuskas oot and that will be an improvement right away. If we don't have a better centre half at the club albeit maybe younger then we really are struggling to bring through players!

Or he must simply be a Vlad pick:p

But what i`m enjoying more is our willingness to work the ball and the movement of the players.

To see our full backs bomb up the line and support the wide mid man.

We`re playing nice little moves to open up space and the last two games we really have started to get behind teams far better.

Obviously we have it all to prove longer term but maybe we are starting to see the fruits of Csabas work with the team? It`s all in it`s infancy and we defo still have our problems that need addressing but it`s far more encouraging.

Players are looking to play to feet all the time if it`s on and the link up with the lone striker has been far better.

Let`s hope it continues and just gets better.

Yeah, I'm really enjoying it. Especially our lack of goals. :rolleyes:

This OP could have come straight from flhair.net.

Guest JamboRobbo
It has always been the case that we had to be patient and wait for our better players to become available for selection.

Agree to an extent, but you know as well as I do that it's not just a case of waiting for players to be available. There's also the small matter of ehe mad one not insisting that we play his dumplings ahead of real football players. :eek:

Once Zaliulukas is treated fairly and dropped, I'll maybe start to believe that our team is being picked on merit.

Oh dear you really are a funny guy...............NOT!!

But I'll let the OP deal with you :hobofish:

Agree to an extent, but you know as well as I do that it's not just a case of waiting for players to be available. There's also the small matter of ehe mad one not insisting that we play his dumplings ahead of real football players. :eek:

Once Zaliulukas is treated fairly and dropped, I'll maybe start to believe that our team is being picked on merit.

Absolutely JR, Karapidis could simply drop back in there and I would personally like to see Ruben given a pop at the defensive role.

Compared to last season it is a vast improvement, the players are starting to play like a team and show a desire to win. I personally am very happy that I am going to Tynecastle to watch a team play again rather than a bunch of clueless players with no manager and no structure or any sign of desire to win. Hopefully as the season goes on, under Shabba we can keep improving and hopefully with addition of a striker in January become a good little team aiming for third. Come on the JT's

There is nobody available to replace him just now.

Absolutely JR, Karapidis could simply drop back in there and I would personally like to see Ruben given a pop at the defensive role.

You need to listen to the manager. Karipidis is the 'find of the season' and our new holding player, that is unlikely to change.

There is nobody available to replace him just now.

You need to listen to the manager. Karipidis is the 'find of the season' and our new holding player, that is unlikely to change.

Well that does worry me....:eek:

u talk some pi sh mate. We are a struggling team trying to improve.

Small steps as they say. I would be more concerned if we had a good squad that was underachieiving.

I like seeing football played the right way but also attaining results with it. If we are lucky to get both, great, but if it`s results only through a more solid approach, fine. But just now we are seeing progress in the shape of chances becoming more frequent and let`s be honest we have a long way to go before we can start bragging about being a good team again.

I don`t see where i`m going on about being the next Brazil 70 like the Ver....min.

Archived