Lee Wallace.............

Oopsupsideyerheed

Oopsupsideyerheed

Gets a lot of stick but thought he was excellent today and scored a great goal....so credit where it is due.

Gets a lot of stick but thought he was excellent today and scored a great goal....so credit where it is due.

agreed, long may it continue. he linked up very well and took his goal brilliantly.

yup same hear cracking goal he scored well done lee, man of the match for me

Thought he was much better today and got forward more. Would have much preferred him to have started at left midfield than the waste of a jersey that is Ruben Palazuelos

should have started him left mid, only player making runs down that flank. should of put ruben at left back or played rapnik.

letsalllaughathobos
Wallace did well today IMO. Maybe we should try him left mid with Rapnik behind him.

beat me too it.

spot on.

i think csaba is waiting for his golden boy oboua to return though

should have started him left mid, only player making runs down that flank. should of put ruben at left back or played rapnik.

Correct.

Yup credit where credits due the boy did well today!! Keep it up Lee!!

Spot on. Good to see him geting some support.

Broxburn_Jambo

I've been very critical of Lee Wallace this season as his performances have been poor but as has been said credit where it is due, I thought he was very solid defensively today, got forward well and scored a great goal.

Scott_HMFC1874

Is it just me, or was his goal today slightly similar to his first for us?

Against Killie in a cup replay way back yonder if i recall correctly?

wee mazy, one-two, goal.

Last week and this week, the boy done good

it was his run that won the free kick when bruno scored against the ****

well done Lee

Is it just me, or was his goal today slightly similar to his first for us?

Against Killie in a cup replay way back yonder if i recall correctly?

wee mazy, one-two, goal.

yup he went on to play well after that performance as i recall as well

Thought he was much better today and got forward more. Would have much preferred him to have started at left midfield than the waste of a jersey that is Ruben Palazuelos

I agree that Wallace played better yesterday, I feel his defensive decisions (ultimately, his most important job) were better.

As for Palazuelos, I disagree. I felt he passed the ball yesterday, something that we have not done so well recently. Left midfield is not his role, however I felt when he came inside (with one notable exception in the second half) he attempted to pass the ball to a Hearts man and move the ball forward.

Well done Lee.

You've looked and played like a full back for the last 2 games and you took you're goal very well.

Hope you can keep it up.

Showed once again he's an excellent football player. If he can continue to cut out the woeful densive positioning he'll be an asset.

loveofthegame
The two full backs played well.

Agreed. Eggert Jonsson looks class at right back. Wallace showed his undoubted ability going forward, shame about some of his defensive stuff. Hopefully will grow into the player he has the potential too.

I thought he was excellent today and continued where he left off in the 2nd half against Hibs. Thought he came on to a real game in the second half at Easter Road.

Has had a pretty decent week. His run led to the free kick against Hibs and then a great goal yesterday. Just shows you have to perservere a little with the younger players in the team. Maybe he's had a kick up the backside from Csaba.

Keep it up Lee!

with no driver or obua i thought he might of played left mid. always looks good going forward. ruben did nothing playing wide.

We had a classic Hearts moment. In the build up to the goal, LW hesitated at one point, clearly trying to figure out what pass to make.

The old guy in front of me went ballistic at him, obviously wishing that he would just hoof the ball up the park.

Then Lee did his one-two and scored.

What is it about Hearts fans' impatience with players who are trying hard to retain possession even if not always opting for route 1? Don't they know that as long as we've got the ball it's unlikely that the opposition will score?

Lee Wallace Is easily capable of being a left sided alan hutton. The only difference is he's playing in an average hearts team with an average backroom staff and not glasgow rangers.

All im saying is he should probably be a lot better player than he is right now. Wasted potential. I remmember when hearts brought the most out of players aswell. before vlad got his dirty mits on us.

I still maintain that Lee Wallace is a better midfield player than he is a LB.

Stick him on the left side of the midfield 3 if needed or even out on the left and he will give you more than when he is stuck at LB.

Lee Wallace Is easily capable of being a left sided alan hutton. The only difference is he's playing in an average hearts team with an average backroom staff and not glasgow rangers.

All im saying is he should probably be a lot better player than he is right now. Wasted potential. I remmember when hearts brought the most out of players aswell. before vlad got his dirty mits on us.

Alan Hutton has great pace which allows him to bomb forward and beat players with ease.

Lee Wallace is slower then a week in the jail.

Alan Hutton has great pace which allows him to bomb forward and beat players with ease.

lee is not slow. c'mon. your just making stuff up.

:rofl:

Ridiculously far from the truth. Lee Wallace is a pacy full back. In fact, a Hibs friend of mine remarked that Wallace was the only full back to catch Sproule and make a legitimate tackle on him during his spell at Hibs.

Archived