Coupon Question

gadgey55

I did a tenner treble today with East Fife, Raith Rovers and Dunfermline. The Dunfy game was postponed. What happens to my bet?

Nucky Thompson
I did a tenner treble today with East Fife, Raith Rovers and Dunfermline. The Dunfy game was postponed. What happens to my bet?
You get a double.

Ginger God Is Back

If one of the other two lose..its down....if they both win..then you have a double. I think Raith drew so bye bye cash....

I do just a wee couple of quid coupon, 6/7 homes up with Hearts dipping out which cost us about ?70. cheers Mr Conroy (I am now on the next up hate step)

Alot of bookies won't pay out for 7 days. They say they give 7 days incase the postponed gamed is replayed within this first week. I'd go in tomorrow anyway and ask, they may well give you the option of the double or waiting incase the game is replayed.

Alot of bookies won't pay out for 7 days. They say they give 7 days incase the postponed gamed is replayed within this first week. I'd go in tomorrow anyway and ask, they may well give you the option of the double or waiting incase the game is replayed.

Never heard of that before.Bet is normally void if it's off.

Nucky Thompson
That is total balls mate. I've never heard of that in my life:rolleyes:

Happened to me twice. I think there was a fight during a Sweden game last year, or maybe a pitch invasion? I had 5 teams in an accum, one being that result. It was postponed in the 87th minute im sure? Went into the bookies and was told i wouldn't be paid for 7 days incase of a replay. Quite obvious an international isn't gonna be replayed in 7 days so spoke to the manager in the Hills shop and he paid out. So not balls, mate :rolleyes:

lost in leith
Happened to me twice. I think there was a fight during a Sweden game last year, or maybe a pitch invasion? I had 5 teams in an accum, one being that result. It was postponed in the 87th minute im sure? Went into the bookies and was told i wouldn't be paid for 7 days incase of a replay. Quite obvious an international isn't gonna be replayed in 7 days so spoke to the manager in the Hills shop and he paid out. So not balls, mate :rolleyes:

Think that would have been the game where a fan attacked the ref, so the game was abandoned. Sure any bookie would treat a game that was postponed as void, so the bet rides on what's left.

Think that would have been the game where a fan attacked the ref, so the game was abandoned. Sure any bookie would treat a game that was postponed as void, so the bet rides on what's left.

Ah right may well be.. I just mind getting the mrs to stop at a bookies so i could pick up winnings the next day, and the wee scrote behind the till not paying out saying they give 7 days incase of the match being replayed.

lost in leith
Ah right may well be.. I just mind getting the mrs to stop at a bookies so i could pick up winnings the next day, and the wee scrote behind the till not paying out saying they give 7 days incase of the match being replayed.

Think the game might have been level, but Sweden were awarded a 3-0 win a few days later? Bookies will generally try to find a way not to pay out :P

Correct , this has happened to me.

Must be different for if the game is posponed before the game then rather than during the game? Maybe if any bookies on here can confirm?

If you are given the option though what you gonna do? Take the double or gamble again ;)

Guest juvehearts

it depends on the game in question being on the pools list.

if it is the pool indicator decides if its a home or away win.

if not then the game is void leaving you with a double.

it depends on the game in question being on the pools list.

if it is the pool indicator decides if its a home or away win.

if not then the game is void leaving you with a double.

Doesnt work like that it in the bookies mate, if its postponed they just pay out if the rest are up. If its abandoned then they mite wait and see what the situation is with the game being replayed etc.

The Old Tolbooth

Heh heh, straight to the point Boo, I like it :D

If you do a treble and a game is postponed, then it reverts to a double, so if both of those sides win your bets up and you win some candy, simple as that really mate.

Anyway, I wouldn't like to look too long at your coupon Gadgey :P

I had a 4 timer yesterday, 3 up with the Annan game posponed, Paddy Power have informed me that I will be paid out 24 hours, so @ 3pm today they will weigh me in, don't know about other bookies. Below is their email:

Thank you for contacting Paddy Power Customer Support.

Unfortunately that cannot be settled yet as with any postponed match there is a minimum period upon which we must wait to see if the fixture is replayed. No postponed football matches are settled until 24 hours has elapsed since the original kick off time. The rule below covers postponed matches.

"An unplayed or postponed match that is not played within 24 hours of the original kick off time (official kick off time as opposed to Paddy Power's time) will be treated as a non-runner for settling purposes.

If an accumulator is reduced by non-runners the bet will stand irrespective of the minimum requirements laid down in these rules."

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Donal Donnelly

Paddy Power Customer Service

http://www.paddypower.com

[email protected]

UK - 08000 565 275

Ireland - 1800 238 888

International - +353 1 4040120

Something similar happened to me last season. I had a 9 team accumulator, 8 wof which came in. The 9th game was Gretna v Dundee Utd which was postponed on the tuesday and re-scheduled for 2 days later. I went into the bookies the next day and asked the bird behind the counter what I could do with this. She said I had 2 options - take the winnings I would get for the 8 games or wait until the Thursday to see if United win and get ?400. At the time Dundee United wern't in great form adn gretna had already beaten United twice that season so I took the winnings from the 8 games which was just over ?200. As it turned out, United won 3 nil on the Thursday but as I was in need of cash I decided just to take the guaranteed ?200 from a ?2 accumulator.

Archived