Zaliukas (merged threads)

Tynecastle Valhalla

Tynecastle Valhalla

zaliukus

how bad can one player actualy be........ he needs to be dropped.

Scott_HMFC1874

He had a bit of a mare today like.

He's been a disaster waiting to happen for the past few weeks.

Today, at fault for the goal. Why let it run, hoof it into the main stand!!!!

Passes were going astray, couldnt control the ball, caught out of position a lot.

He does something like that (balls up for their goal) every fecking week.

He was getting away with it at the start of the season but he's costing us goals now.

How long do we have to put up with this fecking erse ?

Makes at least one catastrophic mistake in every football match he plays. Due to the standard of the SPL he sometimes gets away with it and other times doesn't. Clearly this was a day he didn't. He should be dropped, Karipidis moved back, Kingston moved centrally and on today's cameo Cesnauskis played on the right.

My midfield for next Sunday v Celtic (assuming fitness) would be :

Cesnauskis Kingston Stewart Driver with Aguair in front

No no no your all wrong its Berra that needs dropped because he is not captain material. :rolleyes:

Zal is pish FACT. End Off. etc etc.

He had a bit of a mare today like.

He's been a disaster waiting to happen for the past few weeks.

Today, at fault for the goal. Why let it run, hoof it into the main stand!!!!

Passes were going astray, couldnt control the ball, caught out of position a lot.

Certainly had a bad first half but improved greatly after the break. Bombscares are becoming a habit for him, but changing the central defence is not something that should be done lightly

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Off topic but do you have any positive thoughts on the game today HoG?

Just interested in your views ...

Tynecastle Valhalla
Certainly had a bad first half but improved greatly after the break. Bombscares are becoming a habit for him, but changing the central defence is not something that should be done lightly

but this is not something that would be done lightly this is to improve the team and stop silly mistakes, which he has caused on various occaisions this season.

You are right, it should not be a little change. It should be a end of loan spell for Zaliukas.

He made one major mistake but after that was okay.

The problem is, that one mistake cost us a goal. Unnacceptable, although I wouldn't move Karipidis from midfield.

Was not at the game today but what I will say...

Is Zaliukas has spells where he plays well and then goes through a run of being pish.

Now this particular run of being pish has been longer than any others and he needs to be dropped ASAP before he starts costing us even more than he is already.

I would see no harm at this point in the season in giving Rapnik a wee run.

maroonlegions

This below sums it up in one word for me, CRIMINAL.

But the Dons took the lead after 14 minutes following a glaring mistake by defender Zaliukas.

The Lithuanian allowed :vangry::Bazooka:Andrew Considine's pass to run past him:ahhhhhhh: and Mackie raced in to slip the ball under Janos Balogh from a tight ankle.

HOW THE FECK IS HE EVEN NEAR OUR TEAM, NEVER MIND PLAYING.:mad:

Malinga the Swinga

I was at game and other than that mistake, he palyed well against Miller and Mackie. he needs to concentrate for full game and by allowing Berra and him to play together, hopefully this will come. Wouldn't play young matty just now, but that is just my opinion.

zaliukas is a bomb scare and if he continues to play he will cost us goals and points

exactly, get him dropped, karipidis at centre back and ruben in midfield. jonsson centre back, thomson right back. even bring in rapnik or mcgowan but zal will cost us vital points. he looks afraid to tackle.

jack D and coke

I've said it since the first time i set eyes on him, he's pish.

Thinks he's a great player as well. Got a swagger about him that does ma tits in.

Heard he likes a smoke of the old greengo, mibbe that affects his concentration.

SoldierPalmer

Zal was dire last week and should've been dropped today - he cost us the game today by giving away that goal - any manager with control would certainly drop him - but somehow I don't think it's gonna happen unfortunately :mad:

He does something like that (balls up for their goal) every fecking week.

He was getting away with it at the start of the season but he's costing us goals now.

How long do we have to put up with this fecking erse ?

As long as Mr Romanov wants him in the side. It is quite obvious that Romanov wants him in the side because any manager with any brains would have dumpted him years ago.

As long as Mr Romanov wants him in the side. It is quite obvious that Romanov wants him in the side because any manager with any brains would have dumpted him years ago.

Depressing as it is, I think you might just be right.

I think he's an okay centre half, not much better than that.

But he is prone to switching off, getting a bit over confident/arrogant and making mistakes as a result.

He should never have let that ball run today. He should have melted it into the stand.

He's become a bit of a liability lately and whilst I quite like him, he'll need to be dropped if that continues.

I think the word's: firmly, nail, head and hit could be arranged into a sentence.

The guy's guff and should be canned.

Zal was dire last week and should've been dropped today - he cost us the game today by giving away that goal - any manager with control would certainly drop him - but somehow I don't think it's gonna happen unfortunately :mad:

Well we've all wanted a "goal a game" man, unfortunately the one we've got plays at the back. :eek: :eek:

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Fire this useless piece of kaak from the mouth of Mons Meg back to the place he came from.

A feckin' stain on "our defence is as strong as the old Castle Rock"

Vladimir's bumboy however.

Fire this useless piece of kaak from the mouth of Mons Meg back to the place he came from.

A feckin' stain on "our defence is as strong as the old Castle Rock"

Vladimir's bumboy however.

Correct. First name of the teamsheet! ;) From (ahem) Lazso cos he's the manager innit ;)

Looks like Mad Vlad's still clinging onto his dream of one day seeing a Lith in the premiership :D

Zalicluless GTF :mad:

He seems to try and make the game hard for himself. I think he could be decent enough if he knew what his limitation were and stopped trying to play football at the back!

He needs to be dropped ASAP. He has made mistakes in every game I have seen this season which usually results in us going under needless pressue.

If Shabba wants Karipidas to play in midfield (I think he's getting better with every game in there) then surely it's time to give McGowan or Rapnik a go in there? Then get an experienced head in there in January. Take the pressue off Berra a bit which will see him play a wee bit better.

It seems to be quite a general consensus on here that Zaliukas either isn't good enough, or off the boil at the moment. It's easy to just slag him off but what would you actually do for the next game?

The most obvious change would be to drop Karapidis back into defence and put Jonsson in defensive midfield again, however personally I dont think thats the best idea as EJ seems to be doing ok at right back and (whisper it) I wasnt a huge fan of his when I saw him in midfield. Plus it would mean Thomson or Nielson would have to play at right back...

After that the only other option I can see is to play Rapnik instead of Zaliukas. Is he ready though? Are there any other young central defenders who are ready for the 1st team?

Whats everyone elses thoughts?

The Old Tolbooth
It seems to be quite a general consensus on here that Zaliukas either isn't good enough, or off the boil at the moment. It's easy to just slag him off but what would you actually do for the next game?

The most obvious change would be to drop Karapidis back into defence and put Jonsson in defensive midfield again, however personally I dont think thats the best idea as EJ seems to be doing ok at right back and (whisper it) I wasnt a huge fan of his when I saw him in midfield. Plus it would mean Thomson or Nielson would have to play at right back...

After that the only other option I can see is to play Rapnik instead of Zaliukas. Is he ready though? Are there any other young central defenders who are ready for the 1st team?

How do you solve a problem like Marius?

One of these might help!

gun_682_404868a_429188a.jpg

If he's ready for the bench he's ready for the team IMO.

Thunderstruck
He seems to try and make the game hard for himself. I think he could be decent enough if he knew what his limitation were and stopped trying to play football at the back!

He needs to be dropped ASAP. He has made mistakes in every game I have seen this season which usually results in us going under needless pressue.

If Shabba wants Karipidas to play in midfield (I think he's getting better with every game in there) then surely it's time to give McGowan or Rapnik a go in there? Then get an experienced head in there in January. Take the pressue off Berra a bit which will see him play a wee bit better.

The danger with this is that when they make a couple of mistakes (and they will) the usual suspects will round on them in the way that they have with a number of other youngsters.

As for Zaliukas, he does make mistakes and can be casual but there is a good footballer in there that needs the poor parts of his game coached out of him. He is very good in the air and is rarely beaten for pace. He is strong and doesn't shirk tackles. He does, however, need to adapt to the Scottish game and get the ball in row Z when there is any risk.

Yes, he blundered yesterday but he got over it and actually had quite a good game after that. It was also interesting to note that in the immediate aftermath of the goal, only Kari made any attempt to gee him up. Isn't that the role of the Captain?

Johanes de Silentio
Heard he likes a smoke of the old greengo.

Surely that cannae be true? It stays in the system for months doesn't it? Surely he woulda been caught?

It seems to be quite a general consensus on here that Zaliukas either isn't good enough, or off the boil at the moment. It's easy to just slag him off but what would you actually do for the next game? Think this is the problem, we don't have that many options

The most obvious change would be to drop KarapidisHas been playing ok in midfield - is he strong enough to be a centre back in SPL - one thing Zalikas does appear to be ok at back into defence and put Jonsson in defensive midfield what about Palazuelos? He's strong enough to be a holding midfielder - ok maybe not again, however personally I dont think thats the best idea as EJ seems to be doing ok at right back yep and (whisper it) I wasnt a huge fan of his when I saw him in midfield. Plus it would mean Thomson or Nielson would have to play at right back yep although if Neilson was fully fit? How things have changed!!!

After that the only other option I can see is to play Rapnik left sided as well I believe - don't recall too many teams going with 2 left sided centre halves. instead of Zaliukas. Is he ready though? Are there any other young central defenders who are ready for the 1st team?

CCP,

Just input a few thoughts in red above. I'd probably stick with Zaliukas just now, purely because of the limited options. A commanding right sided CH must be one of the 3 squad players being looked at for the transfer window.

I don't believe he is getting picked due to being Lithuanian as has been suggested, I think it is a case of Csaba trying to get the best out of what he has for just now. Hence the number of players being played out of what they perceive as their natural and best positions. I'm sure he would see dropping Zaliukas for say Karapidis, and bringing in Palazuelos as weakening the team, despite Zaliukas' faults.

Thing is, it is hell of difficult not to get a tad annoyed when Big Zal either a) does something catastrophic as he did yesterday or B) commit about 6/8 minor mistakes as he did at the start of the season against St. Mirren when a good number thought he was brilliant.

He seems to switch off too often during games resulting in costly errors, his concentration is terrible!

Exactly.

That Pressley chap was a great concentrater, and pretty good at getting others to pay attention as well.

Zal does more right than wrong but centre backs have to do nothing wrong.

Archived