Hendrix at Woodstock

Sherlock

i'll get hung, strung and quartered for this, but I thought Henrix, whilst a good guitarist, wasn't all he was cracked up to be. Half the **** he did with the guitar was feed back which made him sound more impressive than he actually was.

Like I said, though, still a good guitarist.

i'll get hung, strung and quartered for this, but I thought Henrix, whilst a good guitarist, wasn't all he was cracked up to be. Half the **** he did with the guitar was feed back which made him sound more impressive than he actually was.

Like I said, though, still a good guitarist.

Man, he squeezed some noices out of his guitar and amp.

Some of his live stuff is scary. Has to be said though, he was surrounded by a great band as well.

Don't get me wrong, he's better than most, but there's been guitarists that have been just as good or better. However, most don't receive the adulation Hendrix does.

Don't get me wrong, he's better than most, but there's been guitarists that have been just as good or better. However, most don't receive the adulation Hendrix does.

Hendrix was the first guy to realise the potential of the electric guitar as an electronic instrument, and to be honest I dont think anyone has ever come close since. It was really ground breaking in sound terms. I clearly remember even a physics text book I had a full page pic of him at woodstock and a section on him, it also mentioned Jimmy Page. Pretty cool for a crappy textbook

As mentioned before his live stuff is phenomenal, just they way he controls the sound of the thing, controlling feedback they way he did is an art. His playing is not bad too - check out the live version of Little Wing on Jimi Hendrix concerts.

I did notice when watching leeds and reading festival a couple of years back Matt Bellamy had a chaos pad on his guitar - that I would like to try

Hendrix was the first guy to realise the potential of the electric guitar as an electronic instrument, and to be honest I dont think anyone has ever come close since. It was really ground breaking in sound terms. I clearly remember even a physics text book I had a full page pic of him at woodstock and a section on him, it also mentioned Jimmy Page. Pretty cool for a crappy textbook

As mentioned before his live stuff is phenomenal, just they way he controls the sound of the thing, controlling feedback they way he did is an art. His playing is not bad too - check out the live version of Little Wing on Jimi Hendrix concerts.

I did notice when watching leeds and reading festival a couple of years back Matt Bellamy had a chaos pad on his guitar - that I would like to try

Chaos pads are class but would be almost impossible to use if your playing the guitar unless you have some stick stuck to a part of your body..... your head.... maybe... maybe not.

Chaos pads are class but would be almost impossible to use if your playing the guitar unless you have some stick stuck to a part of your body..... your head.... maybe... maybe not.

It seemed to be implanted on his guitar in the body area under the bridge of the guitar, it wasnt very big area, maybe a couple of times the size of a laptop touch pad. he just seemed to run his finger over it now and again when not playing guitar making well...chaos like noises

It seemed to be implanted on his guitar in the body area under the bridge of the guitar, it wasnt very big area, maybe a couple of times the size of a laptop touch pad. he just seemed to run his finger over it now and again when not playing guitar making well...chaos like noises

Suppose it would work below or at the back

Would like to know who you could compare to Hendrix. I am a massive Prince fan and much as he is amazing in a similar way to Hendrix he still doesn't come close. Eric Clapton was blown away the first time he saw Hendrix, so much so he gave up trying to play with him and just stood back and appreciated what the man could do.

Loving it.

Also, the guy on the bongos behind him seem to me to be a kind of 60's precursor to Cressa, for all you Roses fans out there.

Suppose it would work below or at the back

Probably one of the most custom of custom made guitars Ive seen. Wouldn't mind a wee blast of it

Archived