Request from an Aberdeen fan...

BRY

Hi folks,

I was contacted through email just the other day by an Aberdeen fan (I think he saw some of my Hearts photos on Flickr).

He was asking if I was going to the game on Saturday, if I could take some photos of the "Red Ultras" display - apparently they are planning some kind of display for when the teams come out the tunnel before the game, although he won't tell me what it is!

Unfortunately, I'm not going to the game, but in a good-neighbourly sort of way, I offered to post up on JKB to ask if any Hearts fans with a camera would oblige.

His quote is this:

Cant really say what the display will be but it wont be smoke flares!!

;-)

Whoever takes pics will need to be ready for when the teams come up.

Would anyone be willing to take some pics, and pass them on?

P.S. - I do not know this guy in any way, so I'm as much in the dark about this as anyone else. I just thought I'd be nice.

Commander Harris

credit to you for being "neighbourly" although I expect their display won't deserve such grace. it'll either be their Ultra's moaning about their displays being banned from pitodry or they'll be having a dig at us.

I find the Aberdeen 'Ultras' thing highly cringeworthy. It's like they're trying too hard to be, well - 'Ultras'. And their banners aimed at us just make them look desperate. It's all a bit 'Blue Peter' for my liking.

Buffalo Bill

I find the Aberdeen 'Ultras' thing highly cringeworthy. It's like they're trying too hard to be, well - 'Ultras'. And their banners aimed at us just make them look desperate. It's all a bit 'Blue Peter' for my liking.

Totally agree.

It just seems like a bunch of wee fuds trying desperately to impress the big boys.

Tell him to ram it (geddit?) up his rear exit, remind him that the eighties were a long time ago and finish off your message with the sort of abuse that I cannot post here. ;)

rudi must stay
Hi folks,

I was contacted through email just the other day by an Aberdeen fan (I think he saw some of my Hearts photos on Flickr).

He was asking if I was going to the game on Saturday, if I could take some photos of the "Red Ultras" display - apparently they are planning some kind of display for when the teams come out the tunnel before the game, although he won't tell me what it is!

Unfortunately, I'm not going to the game, but in a good-neighbourly sort of way, I offered to post up on JKB to ask if any Hearts fans with a camera would oblige.

His quote is this:

P.S. - I do not know this guy in any way, so I'm as much in the dark about this as anyone else. I just thought I'd be nice.

do they get the whole stand for the game btw? Really hope not as i usually sit in the Roseburn stand

Tell him to ram it (geddit?) up his rear exit, remind him that the eighties were a long time ago and finish off your message with the sort of abuse that I cannot post here. ;)

Tempting, but I live up in Aberdeenshire, so I've got to put up with loads of the disco dancing muppets!

What's the phrase - "don't ****e on your own doorstep"

Tempting, but I live up in Aberdeenshire, so I've got to put up with loads of the disco dancing muppets!

What's the phrase - "don't ****e on your own doorstep"

I feel for you buddy, my partner used to live on the "bouley" (Beach Boulevard) and we are both well aware of the "beauty" of Ehberdeen.

Guest Dipped Flake
do they get the whole stand for the game btw? Really hope not as i usually sit in the Roseburn stand

Hope not or else they will be sitting on my knee

So - anyone taking a camera to the game then?

Can I tell him I'll get him some photos?

So - anyone taking a camera to the game then?

Can I tell him I'll get him some photos?

Having read the replies I think that snowball in hell has more chance of surviving.:P

Guest juvehearts

what ultra's do aberdeen have?

are they not all offshore fishing or hearding sheep?

or have they evoloved into drug smuggling & petty crime.

calvin harris had a perfect song for them...............

it WAS acceptiable in the 80's

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Tell him to bolt.

We aren't a charity organisation. If they want pictures they can buy a ticket for the Hearts end.

credit to you for being "neighbourly" although I expect their display won't deserve such grace. it'll either be their Ultra's moaning about their displays being banned from pitodry or they'll be having a dig at us.

The Red Ultras are the most cringeworthy fans in Scottish football. The only reason they do all the giant banners and shirts nonsense is to hide the massive number of empty seats in their support. :o

And let's not forget their piece de resistance - the Jhock Stein tribute banner. Erselickers. :mad:

If I was dyslexic I'd correctly address them as the 'REAL TURDS', which is somehow very apt

:)

Buffalo Bill

i dunno, i think it's quite cute

i don't mind it at all, i actually quite like it, they have 'ultras' everywhere else but britain, for some reason, we seem to think it's 'nonsense' but then we're the ones sitting in silence being boring. violence aside, being an ultra in italy is great fun, as i would imagine it would be in germany or france.

and this flare ban, thats nonsense too, fans in all these countries use flares and it's all done in good spirit, it's just a way of showing passion and support for ur team. i remember a couple of seasons ago hearts fans let off smoke bombs a couple of times, did we get introuble for that? i can't remember

Chad Sexington

Ultras.

What a load of pish.

Their banners are crap and fail to hide the fact that Pittodrie has a sheeite atmosphere.

They'll have a bampot with a megaphone helping them sing their whole 2 songs next. :rolleyes:

And if someone does agree to it and posts pictures ... I'm going to post something so disgusting the thread gets pulled.

Hope this helps. :)

Seymour M Hersh
Hi folks,

His quote is this:

Tell the codheid to get the press & journal to do it.

Last year, they came up with a banner saying "Welcome to the Lithuanian State Circus".

90 minutes later we'd stuck 4 past them and they all went home very quiet.

Aberdeen Ultras? :rofl:

They are up there with my most disliked teams.

Tell them to get their own pictures.

Muppets.

Totally agree.

It just seems like a bunch of wee fuds trying desperately to impress the big boys.

A little like Section N then, :rolleyes:

sheep25.jpg

sheepultra.jpg

sheep1.jpg

That was their last banner. They have more flags than fans this lot!

Anyway if you have photoshop and can think of what these muppets might be spending their dole money on making a new flag for sat then here's a blank canvas.

sheepblank.jpg

What a mature bunch you are. As a football fan, I will take my camera and help the guy out.

See post 21. :)

Commander Harris

calvin harris had a perfect song for them...............

it WAS acceptiable in the 80's

get it played Mr Wilson! :D

What a mature bunch you are. As a football fan, I will take my camera and help the guy out.

Jesus wept! Ya dandy softie mutton lover.......................

i dunno, i think it's quite cute

i don't mind it at all, i actually quite like it, they have 'ultras' everywhere else but britain, for some reason, we seem to think it's 'nonsense' but then we're the ones sitting in silence being boring. violence aside, being an ultra in italy is great fun, as i would imagine it would be in germany or france.

and this flare ban, thats nonsense too, fans in all these countries use flares and it's all done in good spirit, it's just a way of showing passion and support for ur team. i remember a couple of seasons ago hearts fans let off smoke bombs a couple of times, did we get introuble for that? i can't remember

I'm all for backing our team with a wall of noise but the Aberdeen 'Ultras', and their banners in general make them look quite stupid.

It's gimmicky; grown men from Peterhead trying to be Fiorentina fans.

No thanks.

Buffalo Bill

Last year, they came up with a banner saying "Welcome to the Lithuanian State Circus".

90 minutes later we'd stuck 4 past them and they all went home very quiet.

I'm pretty sure I remember there being some sort of muck up with that banner...spelling mistakes I think...either way, it was funny and didn't really have the impact they intended.

My favourite from last season was the Celtic fans and their 'upside down for 90 minutes' mishap. Hehe.

01122007013.jpg

Good for you man, as long as it aint some anti-hearts pap then whats the problem?

I would but cannae make it this weekend, ironically i'm in Aberdeen.

You have to credit them with their 'quirky' themes like throwing toilet roll onto the the pitch at Tynecastle :rolleyes:or having a campaign in Aberdeen for people to take paper to pittodrie so the fans could rip it into wee bits put it in some plastic bags and then sprinkle from the top of the ultras stand onto their fellow sheep below. That couldnt have been done without a few people coming onto the pitch before start of game who stood in front of the stand and unfurled a banner asking them to tip their bits of paper. :eek::P. Still have no idea what the intentions were for the bits of ripped up paper but it was pretty funny because it definately wasn't what they were planning. Anyone got photo or video of that?

Oh and Bry I aint going to game on Sat.

Seems as tight as a gnat's chuff to me,no?

Anyone from the sheep ultra malarky could buy one ticket for the Gorgie end,snap as many pictures as possible and show them on the sheep sites.

For ultras,its not very well organized.:rolleyes:

Exactly!! Personally I like the attempts at humour, and a bit of colour at games. Aberdeen fans always make it a decent atmosphere to be honest without any sectarian nonsense. I'll be taking my camera phone and may take a few snaps.

I'd like to see us unveil a banner behind the away dugout along the lines of "Tan While You Stand" ... for Tango Jimmy :)

Have they got some 'hilarious' banner about us being a circus? Maybe something witty about flats?

The wooltras can go and pleasure themselves to One Man and His Dog re-runs.

Well there you have it. Their exciting ploy for the start of the game? Chuck some bog roll. The SFA should fine Aberdeen for the delayed start. That would put and to their malarky.

chucking stuff on the pitch when balogh tried to take a goal kick. and delayed kick off clearing up their mess. tools, big banner my erse, saw a wee business as usual thing at half time and a red ultras which was about 6 seats long. hope nobody took their photo

Well there you have it. Their exciting ploy for the start of the game? Chuck some bog roll. The SFA should fine Aberdeen for the delayed start. That would put and to their malarky.

Correct. 4 times the game was held up because of that crap.

Fuds.

Bry next time you get a request, A) dont bother posting it on here, (for your own sake) and B) tell the ****er to get to feck.

MacDonald Jardine
Actually, if anyone did take pics I'd quite like to see them. I missed it but was told that it looked pretty impressive.

You were lied to then.

:)

Brian Whittaker's Tache

They put the Sud Kurve at Bayern to shame today

20 tops muppets

They were quite amusing!!

Romanov Stole My Pension

HAHAHA i read this thread yesterday and was really expecting something interesting to happen.... a few rolls of ****epaper! And a red "ultras" banner.

CRINGE

Archived