Funniest Item You've Acquired On A Night Out

Louise

Oh right, sorry:(

Keep up eh!

Dazzler - I'm sure there was a purpose to the theft, but it slips my mind..

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scott_HMFC1874

Me n my flat mate from uni both managed to lug a 15litre tank of water from the nearby building site.

half a wheel barrow, part of a jcb, many a traffic sign and cone.(When carrying it back was stopped by Halls security and i promptly told him it was well within my rights to confiscate a road sign blocking a path..he didnt buy it.)

also managed to grab 24 rolls and 4 pints of milk from outside a Scotmid on lothian road....:rolleyes:

Carl Spackler

Can anyone on here own up to regularly nicking the G and L from the sign for the Glassblower pub in Portobello?

If so take a bow. I think they gave up and renamed the place.

Dagger Is Back

One of those flashing road works lamps - you know the wee yellow/orange efforts.

Woke up sometime the next morning and thought aliens had landed - couldn't work out where the bloody flashing light was coming from.

Dagger Is Back

Had been to a works night out and woke up the next morning cuddling a shoulder of ham or something like that.

Found out on Monday that at the end of the party, rather than let them throw out the unused food, I wrapped said shoulder up in a napkin and said I can make a pot of soup wi' that.

Had never made soup in my puff!

I massive banner from some church group which has weekly meetings at the pub along the road from me and a sign which the wee baker statue outside the Morrison Street bakers used to hold which says 'Toasted bagels with philadelphia only ?1.25'. Also a set of walkie talkies from the pizza place in the Grassmarket.

Oh aye, every year I borrow a santa claus on my way home on xmas eve/xmas morning and leave it outside my mates house. 2 years ago I fell off a roof whilst acquiring one.

Johanes de Silentio

A guy I know woke up one morning after a particularly heavy night out to find a shopping trolley in his living room!

Thing is, you have to climb 12 concrete steps to get into his place - the neighbours have made him public enemy number 1!

Al.

A big box of toilet roll. :o

Did you not take that yellow hoover home that made its way into the caley after the cup final?? :rolleyes:

I almost had the big john Smiths guy that was on the billboard that used to be opposite John Lewis well before the omni was there. Pity he wouldnt fit into a taxi

Myself and a mate once liberated a life-size cardboard cut-out of Howard (the specky ****) and a football (I assume it was when they were sponsoring the SPL!) from the Bank of Scotland in George St. In the middle of the afternoon!

I remember i stole/found a spare car wheel, god know where i got it from and the bird wasnt to happy when she woke up in the morning and it was there in her bedroom.

Also stole a little girls bike once when i was walking home from a friends party and i couldnt be arsed walking down the hill so i stole this wee girls bike and then dumped it in someones garden in my street when i got back.

Jack Daniels has a lot to answer for ;)

A traffic island bollard thing, that i've subsequently turned into a living room lamp.

A Tampax machine front cover.

And the piece de la resistance - after a particular heavy night in the Borders, the big 4ft x 5ft brown "Scotland Welcomes You" sign from the bridge at Moffat. (Admittedly the house I woke up in wasn't mine - but I was involved apparently)

I P Knightley

Life-size cardboard Alan Shearer holding a big Mac.

Ended up putting it on a neighbour's doorstep in the middle of the night. Only wish I'd been around to see the look on their faces as they opened the door to find England's number 9 thrusting a burger at them...

Myself - A double bed. It was a bit of a pain carrying it up 3 flights of stairs.

Myself and another poster on here - A three seater couch. Again carrying it up a few flights of stairs wasn't easy. I'll let him tell of the countless other chores he managed to liberate in his time.

tommythejambo

Remembered another one. Woke up one morning after a very heavy session to find 3 different peoples ID's on me. With no idea who any of them were.

Remembered another one. Woke up one morning after a very heavy session to find 3 different peoples ID's on me. With no idea who any of them were.

Suppose that can happen when you have to borrow cards to go to the toilet. ;)

Sexton Hardcastle

A friends car. Driven home about 2-3 miles and couldnt remember any of it until i was about to take him home in my car the next morning.

Saved me a drive.

Say What Again

Various street signs

Approx 7 foot tall 'For Sale' sign from a neighbours garden

Approx 7 foot tall coat stand from Standing Order

Someone elses cat

The coat stand is the only one I still have.

jamboinglasgow

I have not really stolen more than the odd glass, but a few years ago me and my friends used to steal the books from Standing Order. Just one or two each time. They were awful books but always seemed easy to slip them under a coat when drunk.

Though for true stealing escapades, you cant beat rowers. Every march there is a big race down in london a week before the boat race, and it is usually the challenege to see what can be acquired that night. Last year it was a couple of banners from lamposts, year before it was a vase and a stool from a bar next to the Thames. Year before that, one of my friends who is a legend drrnk, walked out of a pub with a six foot persian rug under his arm, went on a bit and bumped into the local police. They looked at him and said take it back, so he went back and on the way just gave it to some random.

Also at glasgow uni rowing club there is a tradition of nicking road signs. We have ones ranging from last few years to as far back as at least 1952 (seems to be an old tradition.) We an huge A road sign to Greenick. The sign from a mayors house down south, A road sign saying Gotham 5 miles (love that one), a sign saying no mooring (which someone put roger in between no and mooring.)

But my favourite one is the sign from a church down in Henley. After being at the Henley regatta, some of the glasgow rowers had brought back this sign and about a week later they got a letter from the local vicar informing them that the churches sign has been stolen and that Glasgweigian voices were heard near by, if they could help them. The rowers sent a letter back to the vicar saying that they are sorry to hear that and they do not know who stole it but they will make a replacement for the church. They made it and sent it down. To which they got a reply saying, "thanks very much for the new sign however we couldn't help noticing how it looks identical to the one that was stolen."

marshallschunkychicken

I arrived at my new flat at the start of second year at Aberdeen University to find that my flatmates had liberated one of those metal 'Men at Work' signs the previous night. It sat in the garden for the three years that I stayed there.

A couple of other mates picked up a park bench in Seaton Park and carried all the way to their 2nd floor flat in the King's College area. They used that for the rest of the year in their flat, then tried to get rid of it on the last day, and couldn't get it down the stairs.....

Have you learned to keep close to the wall behind Victor Paris as well?

:)

Haha.

Wrong I'm afraid. It was a private residence (or the garden thereof) said Johnson came from. Belter of a night anaw.

An old flatmate and I once woke up in the morning to find an enormous hugely heavy coffee table in the middle of our living room.

The problem being that we had been on separate nights out and got home at different times both absolutely bladdered. Both of us convinced we had headed to our respective bedrooms and not been near the living room.

We never did work out where it came from or who had got it up 3 flights of stairs. But it took 2 of us to get it back down.

Craig Gordons Gloves

over a period of around 6 months in first year our flat acquired various road signs, including men at work, road closed and a number of for sale signs. Our proudest moment however was waking up one morning to discover a full temporary traffic light in the living room. We had to shift them all during one night when it was announced that they were doing a flat inspection of all the flats.

I've also woken up to 6 stitches in my chin

Brian Whittaker's Tache

A fag machine from a pub near Loch Lomond (sober mate with a van and a fag machine in the vestibule of the pub)

Various bar stools (same mate with van)

A huge mirror from a bar in Thistle Street after a Hearts game (smuggled out under a v neck jumper) which I dropped in Charlotte Square

Marmeladent?rtchen

I had a uni mate that was in the Navy before hand. He used tell of tales of what people would bring back drunk to the ship. 2 that stand out are a large potted shurb and a kind of life size lion statue.

Real funny part was that this was a navy ship. It only had one gang plank to get on and off which was garded!! Of course any pilfering behavior was not welcome so how the stuff got on nobody knows!!!

i have stolen many a young beautiful girls heart and innocence, but to wake up and find they have been nicked and replaced with a few horrors.

when i stayed in the Pleasance i used to have a few shops that supplied my breakfast, rolls, papers, milk, orange juice,etc

chester copperpot

Once woke up to see the bus stop advertisement window (outside my mum and dads) that holds the Die Hard 2 poster (8ft by 6ft) had been smashed and the poster was now pride of place on my wall directly in front of me.

Class.

Drylaw Hearts

2 spring to mind....

1) In my younger days a few of us stole a set of Hockey goals from Mary Erskine School.

2) On a an all-night bevvy session that finished in the Penny Black I somehow managed to get my hands on a Maroon blazer from some old man.

I actually wore it to Pittodrie later that same day.

I was still drunk - obviously.

In no particular order.. An Australian hat (one of those ones with the corks), salt and pepper, two tartan ties ( Lamont and Innes tartans), a harmonica, a golf umbrella, various framed prints and photographs, the street sign for Hutchison View, a set of bagpipes and a Vango Force Ten tent (minus the poles).

One of those multi coloured Walls ice cream 'umbrellas' that you would get outside bars in spain.

Bobby_swing_the_bar

Glasses from a pub and a white ball from a pool table in Benidorm. Also a cardboard cut out of the scottish cup from east end park 2 years ago, might come in handy some day.

Jimmy McNulty

Woke up one morning to find the letter "W" in my kitchen.

Roommate had no idea where he stole it from.

Four days later, walked past the "Salvation Ar y".

God knows how we got the letter, it was 20 feet off the Ground.

Even worse, came hom from the peeve 2 weeks later and the sign said "Salvation y".

Mate felt so bad that he had started a trend, he returned the M.

Toxteth O'Grady
Woke up one morning to find the letter "W" in my kitchen.

Roommate had no idea where he stole it from.

Four days later, walked past the "Salvation Ar y".

Is the Salvation ArWy a Canadian Organisation?:P

Total clich? but i woke up with a kebab all over my bedroom floor this morning.

An AJ t-shirt and a pair of Paul Smith jeans would also appear to be ruined.

Mate stole 2 massive stone pyramids that sat atop the entrance to

one of the main buildings at Strathclyde Uni. The pyramids of quaff

were a rather imposing talking point in his living room for around a

week until wracked with guilt (after a big inquisition) he replaced

them under cover of darkness. No harm done, not even a hernia;).

Another "mate" broke into tisos to liberate...climbing ropes?

jumped into Queens St Gardens to stash the ropes to pick up later.

Suddenly realised hed dropped his wallet, went back to the scene of

the crime to discover the polis inspecting the damage, noticed his

wallet by the kerbside, managed to pick it up as he sidled by,then

taxi home. Drinks a funny thing.

I do NOT condone thier actions in any way:o.

Archived