US Election - Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid!!!

Stuart Lyon

In relation to the people that were saying the above, that's probably not where it came from. When asked why she thought that, one replied 'you just have to look at his name'.

You could well be right, but the "Obama knows terrorists" thing was all over the news for a while over here.

Fortunately, all these morons represent is the Republican base. McCain and Palin have failed completely to connect with anyone in the middle - and as a result, have as much chance of winning as William Hague's Tories did in 2001. They're toast - and a convincing Obama win coupled with a strongly Democrat Congress will bring real change at last.

Scary indeed. For anyone who simply dimisses all talk of conspiracies or NWO's the evidence is growing on a daily basis. Have a look what Biden, Vice Presicent candidate, has to say..

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/20/biden-obama-tested-world-months-administration/

"Obama Will be 'Tested' by World in First 6 Months of Administration"

"Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All this stuff is recently coming very "out in the open".

It is no longer only found in dodgy conspiracy websites. It is becoming common knowledge.

:eek:

Behave, CC. That's a million miles removed from what Biden meant. It's obvious that a change in President, and especially one as significant as this, will provoke a reaction across the world. Russia will want to know what Obama's attitude will be towards them; ditto, Israel and the Palestinians, and Iran as well. Al Qaida are threatened by a more inclusive, moderate US leader, so could also attack in the hope of polarising things again and creating a whole new ****storm.

That's all just common sense - and nothing to do with conspiracy theories.

There's a smattering of truth to that. Obama's minister said after 9/11:

""We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye... and now we are indignant, because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought back into our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost."

Not saying that makes him a terrorist, just pointing out where the above comes from.

IMO the Japanese got what they deserved, however, if he had said that Americas chickens were coming home to roost after their involvement in Afghanistan in the 80s then his point would have been a good one.

stevieC@pivot
Just America?

It would to appear to be the case in this instance!!

Europeans have a far better balanced view of the world and that you cannot deny.

Granted its a majority of " country folks" that give the USA this image,but its an image thats hard to deny or defend.

stevieC@pivot

""We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye... and now we are indignant, because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought back into our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost."

Not saying that makes him a terrorist, just pointing out where the above comes from.

Aye ,right !!

These acts were done in a theatre of war,he is referring to American foreign policy throughout the world after WW2,saying that the gloves were off,basically !

Its a slur on previous administrations FFS! Not world policy !

To be honest, Hibs have a better chance of winning the SPL, than John McCain becoming the next US President!

If you look at the website below, (it analyses polling and actual results going back to the sixties) and gives Obama a win percentage of 93.5%!

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/

Behave, CC. That's a million miles removed from what Biden meant. It's obvious that a change in President, and especially one as significant as this, will provoke a reaction across the world. Russia will want to know what Obama's attitude will be towards them; ditto, Israel and the Palestinians, and Iran as well. Al Qaida are threatened by a more inclusive, moderate US leader, so could also attack in the hope of polarising things again and creating a whole new ****storm.

That's all just common sense - and nothing to do with conspiracy theories.

You reckon ?

A 'Generated crisis' indicates something very different to an overall 'reaction' in my opinion.

Serious question. Do you not find all these loonie conspiracy theories a little more interesting these days ?

I don't discount anything. History has shown to do such is incredibly naive. Anything is possible.

Maybe there is some NWO running the planet. Maybe there isn't. Neither would surprise me.

stevieC@pivot

No, you are just pointing out why a vast amount of blue collar americans are as thick as sheeiite !!

You reckon ?

A 'Generated crisis' indicates something very different to an overall 'reaction' in my opinion.

Serious question. Do you not find all these loonie conspiracy theories a little more interesting these days ?

I don't discount anything. History has shown to do such is incredibly naive. Anything is possible.

Maybe there is some NWO running the planet. Maybe there isn't. Neither would surprise me.

I certainly do, and am always open minded. But as I've said before, if it's a choice between ******-up and conspiracy, it's usually ******-up.

Jesus H. Christ - we were at war with a determined and fanatical enemy - who had a complete disregard for humanity, who had killed a million people mercilessly in china and the far east and who had waged total war on America and her allies. The nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki's saved the lives of countless allied soldiers who would have to been involved in an invasion of Japan. They sowed the wind and reaped the whirlwind.

There is revisionism of history and nonsense - the above I'm afraid is the latter.

You reckon ?

Anything is always possible but usually improbable. :rolleyes:

Jesus H. Christ - we were at war with a determined and fanatical enemy - who had a complete disregard for humanity, who had killed a million people mercilessly in china and the far east and who had waged total war on America and her allies. The nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki's saved the lives of countless allied soldiers who would have to been involved in an invasion of Japan. They sowed the wind and reaped the whirlwind.

There is revisionism of history and nonsense - the above I'm afraid is the latter.

I essentially agree. But it's much harder to defend Nagasaki than Hiroshima - because they'd seen what it'd done, yet promptly did it again! It also remains the case that the US is the only nation ever to have used nuclear weapons against others. I do know what you mean, though: the kind of moral equivalence some seek to draw between the West and terrorists does my head in.

stevieC@pivot
I essentially agree. But it's much harder to defend Nagasaki than Hiroshima - because they'd seen what it'd done, yet promptly did it again! It also remains the case that the US is the only nation ever to have used nuclear weapons against others. I do know what you mean, though: the kind of moral equivalence some seek to draw between the West and terrorists does my head in.

That is bizzare,the world was at war.terrorism is not war.Its a criminal act.:sad:

Sorry mods.................

someone needs to put a gun to her fat head and blow her thick as pig s*** brains right out and make this world a better - please!!

The moderators don't have the requisite powers to shoot the woman in question, and would only get themselves and JKB into trouble with the civil and criminal authorities in the United States were they to do so. So if you don't mind I'll be asking them to disregard your request.

However if she joins JKB and posts anything like that, just report it and she'll be infracted straight away. :thumb:

:biggrin:

I certainly do, and am always open minded. But as I've said before, if it's a choice between ******-up and conspiracy, it's usually ******-up.

You do have a good point.

Only thing is all the ****** ups recently just seem to ......................fit far too nicely..

Who knows. All ****ed anyway - that is for sure !!

You do have a good point.

Only thing is all the ****** ups recently just seem to ......................fit far too nicely..

Who knows. All ****ed anyway - that is for sure !!

To give a contemporary example: some people think that Chris Robinson, as well as being a disaster of an owner, was a crook. But on the contrary: I think the guy was too plain incompetent to be up to any funny business!

As for us all being ****ed - ach. We're a lot less ****ed than two thirds of the world's population, and very privileged in many ways. We're born, we live, and we die - so my advice is to enjoy it if you can!

Eh?

What I mean is the US President(like it or not) is the most important person(politically)on the planet - certainly the most powerful

Patrick Bateman
To be honest, Hibs have a better chance of winning the SPL, than John McCain becoming the next US President!

I'm sorry but that's nonsense. Whilst I think Obama will win, I'd be astonished if it is by more than 5%. You can never underestimate the republican voting strength in a country where "liberal" and "democrat" are often dirty words.

Kalamazoo Jambo

That would be Obama's FORMER minister. :)

Kalamazoo Jambo
I lived in MI for 2.5 years, and they're nice enough people but it's a horrible, horrible place to live. Really depressing, very few jobs, aging population, Detroit makes Glasgow look positively stunning.

OK then, Peter Pan :laugh:

The East side of the state is indeed a mess, but us Southwest Michiganders are doing not too badly, thank you very much.

The East side of the state is indeed a mess, but us Southwest Michiganders are doing not too badly, thank you very much.

What part of Michigan is Ann Arbor in, KJ? I was over there to research a while back.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

OhioState_Logo.jpg

Go Buckeyes! ;)

Kalamazoo Jambo
What part of Michigan is Ann Arbor in, KJ? I was over there to research a while back.

Ann Arbor is in Eastern Michigan (technically it's part of the Detroit Metropolitan Area) but it's a great town and to some extent isolated from the problems that its nearby communities have had to deal with. This is because Ann Arbor is a University town (as I'm sure you noticed!), whereas nearby economies were traditionally built around the car industry.

It's about an hour and a half's drive from Kalamazoo so I do head over there from time to time :)

Ann Arbor is in Eastern Michigan (technically it's part of the Detroit Metropolitan Area) but it's a great town and to some extent isolated from the problems that its nearby communities have had to deal with. This is because Ann Arbor is a University town (as I'm sure you noticed!), whereas nearby economies were traditionally built around the car industry.

It's about an hour and a half's drive from Kalamazoo so I do head over there from time to time :)

Yeah, I did wonder. It basically only exists for the purpose of the university (which is where I did the research), so is clearly an exception. It's a little like Bloomington, Indiana - which is a liberal oasis surrounded by a reactionary hellhole.

Fascinating fact: I was staying in a Days Inn on the outskirts of Ann Arbor, and about the only food you could get up and down the freeway was either Subway (triple chocolate chip cookies: mmmm!) or fast food. So I wandered into a KFC - and found they had an offer whereby four chicken wings cost less than three! At that point, I finally understood America. :)

Middle of feckin nowhere! :P

You said it! Drove from Minneapolis to Kansas City, passing right through Iowa! There's nothing but corn fields! No amount of money on this planet would make me live there! It's a hole!

Lynn:ph34r:

J.T.F.Robertson
That is bizzare,the world was at war.terrorism is not war.Its a criminal act.:sad:

It could be argued, certain wars have been/are, the ultimate in terrorism.

I don't want to get into the "one man's terrorist" thing, but put yourself in their shoes. It's not as if they can muster up a modern-day army/navy/airforce and send them half way round the globe, thereby having a relatively "square go" with the opposition. The only options open to them, are the 9/11s. It's today's guerrilla warfare, I suppose. It doesn't make it right, but they experience what's happening to them now (and in some cases, has been happening in one form or another, for centuries) and see it as their only recourse. You use whatever it is you have at hand.

If he hadn't had his sling, I doubt that other David/Goliath match-up would have had the same outcome.

Is the whole "Obama knows terrorists" thing not to do with his relationship with Ayers, who bombed public buildings in the 60s and 70s as part of some radical group?

I think Americans are being judged way too harshly on here. If you went to somewhere in the far north of Scotland, Glasgow or any numerous places in England such as Bradford or Leeds, and asked someone what they thought of a potential prime minister of ethnic origin, then you could get equally polar opinions.

Granted, the deep south is a messed up, backwards place. But America is a huge country, with lots of historical racial problems. It is unfair to compare it to a smaller, more culturally diverse country like Britain. Although, the riots of a few years ago show not all of Britain is as tolerant as would be hoped

Dammit, I forgot about you when I wrote that :P

You're right, I spent my whole time either in Detroit or in the northern suburbs. When I did venture west to Kalamazoo or Ann Arbor it was much nicer. As was East Lansing. But I'm sure you see the connection.

Places like Flint are, shall we say, less prosperous :cool:

Kalamazoo Jambo
Is the whole "Obama knows terrorists" thing not to do with his relationship with Ayers, who bombed public buildings in the 60s and 70s as part of some radical group?

Yes.

The Republicans have more or less stayed away from Reverend Wright, and have focused on Ayers and his (very limited) connection to Obama.

Craig Gordons Gloves
It appears that in the mid-west they are!!

Pish - i live in the mid west and the majority of them are way more intelligent than these muppets.

As someone said - the bible belters will vote for mccain, cos he is a republican and they are the party of the lord....and the liberals will vote for obama - cos it is cool to do so - and he isn't a republican.

I actually think that Obama is more concerned with fixing the states than being a politician. Now - that could be just good PR - but from all i have seen and read - this is the perception of him.

He also appears to have leads in most of the key states - Cali and NY being just 2 of them.

Expect something bad to happen in the next 2 weeks.....

Geoff Kilpatrick

Maybe Biden's "test" that he's talking about is someone trying to bump Obama off!

Some Billy Joe Jim Bob redneck will try it.

Archived