Anyone know of clubs in edinburgh...

go on then

who have regular ska or 60's/mod nights, with music from those era's? We seem to have just about everything else. Any info would be appreciated, ta.

eddie fenwick

dont know if the gogo is still on the go but the melting pot in motherwell seems to be going from strength to strength

I went to a ska night at the bongo club a couple of months back - cannae mind the name of it but it seemed a regular night. It was heaving. Bombskare, Big Hand and Big Fat Panda were playing - maybe check out their myspace sites too.

I went to a ska night at the bongo club a couple of months back - cannae mind the name of it but it seemed a regular night. It was heaving. Bombskare, Big Hand and Big Fat Panda were playing - maybe check out their myspace sites too.

Think that was a charity night.

Sawdust Caesar
dont know if the gogo is still on the go but the melting pot in motherwell seems to be going from strength to strength

Go-Go is still on at that club down Calton Road (is it Studio 38?) and the next one is on the 1st of November. I don't think it's as good as it used to be because they play punk and new wave now as well. I preferred it when it was all 60s music.

Check out the Scottish Mod forum, they have details of club nights. I can't do links, sorry.

Go-Go is still on at that club down Calton Road (is it Studio 38?) and the next one is on the 1st of November. I don't think it's as good as it used to be because they play punk and new wave now as well. I preferred it when it was all 60s music.

Check out the Scottish Mod forum, they have details of club nights. I can't do links, sorry.

Studio 24 love, you're probably thinking of Bar 38 (now known as Ivory Lounge)

I would go there more often cause I like to get a bit of different music but the place is skanky as anything.

Sawdust Caesar
Studio 24 love, you're probably thinking of Bar 38 (now known as Ivory Lounge)

I would go there more often cause I like to get a bit of different music but the place is skanky as anything.

That's the one, thanks.

I haven't been to Go-Go since it moved to Studio 24. I went to a Mod/60s night there years ago and the place was a dump, plus one of the bouncers had a pitbull on a chain, made me think "what am I doing here?"

That's the one, thanks.

I haven't been to Go-Go since it moved to Studio 24. I went to a Mod/60s night there years ago and the place was a dump, plus one of the bouncers had a pitbull on a chain, made me think "what am I doing here?"

:laugh: sounds about right.

It's one of those places where the walls are dripping and you have to wash your hair 3 times when you get home.

:laugh: sounds about right.

It's one of those places where the walls are dripping and you have to wash your hair 3 times when you get home.

They used to have the mission there, enough said. Sweatpit!

It had a great stage and sound for gigs though, I played there once but there were pigeons on the inside of the roof and I was just praying that I wouldnt be crapped on

Do they not do the Mission any more? It's years since I ventured down that way, never hear anyone talking about it, except my friend once mentioned there's like a swing music night? Or maybe she was talking about a swingers night and I misheard, lol.

Do they not do the Mission any more? It's years since I ventured down that way, never hear anyone talking about it, except my friend once mentioned there's like a swing music night? Or maybe she was talking about a swingers night and I misheard, lol.

Someone told me that the Mission has stopped and Im not sure if the place is even open anymore, it always seems closed up everytime I pass in the car.

If there is a swingers night on someone on KB would know about it.... not that I'm gonna find out if there is or anything .... :runaway:

Someone told me that the Mission has stopped and Im not sure if the place is even open anymore, it always seems closed up everytime I pass in the car.

If there is a swingers night on someone on KB would know about it.... not that I'm gonna find out if there is or anything .... :runaway:

They rebranded it Retribution.

AFAIK its still oen. For gigs anyway. It was under threat IIRC.

:( Seems there is not anything in Edinburgh that does this kind of thing, not on a regular basis anyway. Might be an idea for one of the pubs/clubs to try it, maybe there would be a demand, and people would turn out?

Bongo Club has regular ska nights.

Citrus Club will also play ska at a push (which means keep asking the DJ till he plays it)

The Mission is no more. It has been re-branded Retribution and is still going in Studio 24 on staurday nights.

Club Hive, even though it is a dump, also has the odd ska night.

Citrus Club will also play ska at a push (which means keep asking the DJ till he plays it)

The Mission is no more. It has been re-branded Retribution and is still going in Studio 24 on staurday nights.

Is studio 24 getting knocked down?

Is studio 24 getting knocked down?

Still don't know about that. The Council are dragging their heels. First it was definately getting knocked down and after protests they changed their minds.

Do they have a site promoting the nights, mate?

Archived