Champions League Winners 2008-2009?

chester copperpot

Inter Milan

Man Utd

Chelsea

Bayern Munich

The above 4 to reach the semi finals.

Depends on the draw after that but fancy a Man Utd v Inter final.

It's almost impossible to predict until the quarter-final stage, several of the big names could draw each other in the 1st knock-out stage or the quarters.

Looking at the big names, this could be one of the most competitive years ever. Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Real, Barce and Inter all have serious chances - although I think the winner will be English or Spanish. Inter for me don't have the temperament in the big games, too many players who don't perform or lose it under pressure (eg. against Arsenal 2 years ago).

Don't rule out Atletico Madrid, Villarreal, Bayern Munich, Lyon or Juventus. Like I said, ridiculously competitive this year.

Arsenal, this time with all english semi-finals. They have to manipulate group game results to allow but are good enough to do that unfortunately.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
I do not expect Inter to be in the pocket of any English club this season.

The only possible winners are Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Barcelona and Inter.

The rest have no chance.

Take off your obviously biased blinkers...............Inter won't win it. Yes, recently they have done well in the Italian league ,but have done nothing of note in the Champions League.

I expect them to get to the Quarters and go no further. As soon as they meet one of the Spanish or English teams they'll be gone, as was the case last year.

Take off your obviously biased blinkers...............Inter won't win it. Yes, recently they have done well in the Italian league ,but have done nothing of note in the Champions League.

I expect them to get to the Quarters and go no further. As soon as they meet one of the Spanish or English teams they'll be gone, as was the case last year.

Nothing to do with bias but I've no time to waste on pointless debates on such issues.

If Inter avoid injuries to key players and get reasonable refereeing they'll be there or thereabouts.

Dont forget the Spanish are only one loss behind the English. (English are W 8 D4 L0).

Spain has lost one (Real at Juve) but won 9 ties between them. They will be there and how could anyone discount Real Madrid!!!!

In Austrlaia your ditty must be followed by the words "Lest we forget". No criticism of course of these wonderfully powerfull words.

Chelsea or Man U to win it with Villareal to make the semis.

Buffalo Bill

Nothing to do with bias but I've no time to waste on pointless debates on such issues.

If Inter avoid injuries to key players and get reasonable refereeing they'll be there or thereabouts.

Have to agree with Van Gaverson I'm afraid, I don't think Inter are one of the favourites. They've got class individuals, but they're not a great team.

Ibrahimovic constantly underperforms on the big stage, and there are a few too many hot heads in the side who can lose it when the chips are down.

Having said that, Chivu and Mancini are both quality additions but I don't think they are a match for Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea or Barce.

Guest juvehearts
Dont forget the Spanish are only one loss behind the English. (English are W 8 D4 L0).

Spain has lost one (Real at Juve) but won 9 ties between them. They will be there and how could anyone discount Real Madrid!!!!

In Austrlaia your ditty must be followed by the words "Lest we forget". No criticism of course of these wonderfully powerfull words.

simple,

they were outclassed, & lacking a cutting edge when juve beat them & will be KO'd if they qualify in the KO stages by either l'pool or chelsea.

Have to agree with Van Gaverson I'm afraid, I don't think Inter are one of the favourites. They've got class individuals, but they're not a great team.

Ibrahimovic constantly underperforms on the big stage, and there are a few too many hot heads in the side who can lose it when the chips are down.

Having said that, Chivu and Mancini are both quality additions but I don't think they are a match for Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea or Barce.

I don't know who the alleged hot heads are.

Chivu was already there last season.

Ibra was carrying an injury when Inter met Liverpool last season.

Mourinho knows what he's doing in Europe.

I don't know who the alleged hot heads are.

Chivu was already there last season.

Ibra was carrying an injury when Inter met Liverpool last season.

Mourinho knows what he's doing in Europe.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong. You will probably know better than me but was it not Inter and Valencia involved in the bust up a few years ago? I also thought they had someone sent off after going a goal down to Liverpool last year.

IMO, Rivas, Materazzi, Samuel, Vieira, Dacout and Burdisso all have dodgy temperaments but like I said it's just my opinion.

My point about Ibrahimovic wasn't based on last year, I think he has been vastly over-rated since Euro 2004.

And as for the point in bold, he didn't do anything in Europe with a Chelsea squad which was arguably the best in the world at the time so for me nothing suggests he will win it with Inter.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Mmmmmm - Yet you reply to everyone who says Inter won't win it :P

Just my opinion, I could be wrong. You will probably know better than me but was it not Inter and Valencia involved in the bust up a few years ago? I also thought they had someone sent off after going a goal down to Liverpool last year.

IMO, Rivas, Materazzi, Samuel, Vieira, Dacout and Burdisso all have dodgy temperaments but like I said it's just my opinion.

My point about Ibrahimovic wasn't based on last year, I think he has been vastly over-rated since Euro 2004.

And as for the point in bold, he didn't do anything in Europe with a Chelsea squad which was arguably the best in the world at the time so for me nothing suggests he will win it with Inter.

Valencia-Inter: Burdisso had his nose broken by a punch thrown by a Valencia player. He reacted reasonbly as did his team-mates. IMO

Liverpool red cards - Materazzi sent off for two bookings following Torres dives; Burdisso a bit unlucky with two yellows at San Siro.

Rivas doesn't play enough to be judged. Materazzi not first choice. Samuel ?? Vieira competitive rather than a hot head and not first choice at present. Dacourt calmness personified not in CL squad list. Burdisso not first choice.

You're entitled to your opinion on Ibra.

Mourinho/Chelsea - lost two semis: one to a goal that never was and one on pens.

As he has said himself, winning the CL is largely about luck.

Chelsea look strongest to me but I would love to see Arsenal win it as (IMO) they play the best football.

Dark horses; PSV

Valencia-Inter: Burdisso had his nose broken by a punch thrown by a Valencia player. He reacted reasonbly as did his team-mates. IMO

Liverpool red cards - Materazzi sent off for two bookings following Torres dives; Burdisso a bit unlucky with two yellows at San Siro.

Rivas doesn't play enough to be judged. Materazzi not first choice. Samuel ?? Vieira competitive rather than a hot head and not first choice at present. Dacourt calmness personified not in CL squad list. Burdisso not first choice.

You're entitled to your opinion on Ibra.

Mourinho/Chelsea - lost two semis: one to a goal that never was and one on pens.

As he has said himself, winning the CL is largely about luck.

Are you questioning who he is or that he is a hot head? Walter Samuel, not sure if he is first choice or not, or even if he is still at Inter. If he is all I can base my opinion on is his season at Real Madrid where he was sent off a few times and I remember him being subbed on a number of occasions following rash challenges when he was already on a yellow.

We are never going to agree on Inter obviously. I think they are a decent side who are the best of a fairly weak Italian bunch recently. They will probably win Serie A again this year but I don't see them making it past the quarters in Europe.

On Chelsea, you can't say it was never a goal. Replays have been inconclusive, but no-one could ever say it definitely wasn't a goal. Regardless, the amount of money Mourinho spent and the quality of squad at his desposal he should have gotten to the final at least once. IMO, both Chelsea squads were superior to Inter's.

Are you questioning who he is or that he is a hot head? Walter Samuel, not sure if he is first choice or not, or even if he is still at Inter. If he is all I can base my opinion on is his season at Real Madrid where he was sent off a few times and I remember him being subbed on a number of occasions following rash challenges when he was already on a yellow.

We are never going to agree on Inter obviously. I think they are a decent side who are the best of a fairly weak Italian bunch recently. They will probably win Serie A again this year but I don't see them making it past the quarters in Europe.

Samuel has been out with a cruciate ligament injury since December 2007. He was at the top of his game at the time. It remains to be seen what form he'll be in when he comes back into the team.

Interista - You obviously have a decent knowledge of the Italian game. Do you think Inter will win Serie A again this year? It seems to be the most competitive off the big 3 leagues (EPL & La Liga) although seems to be the poorest quality at the mo.

Everyone's saying Roma are struggling just now. Is it between Inter, Juve and AC for the title or do Fiorentina/Udinese really have a shout?

Interista - You obviously have a decent knowledge of the Italian game. Do you think Inter will win Serie A again this year? It seems to be the most competitive off the big 3 leagues (EPL & La Liga) although seems to be the poorest quality at the mo.

Everyone's saying Roma are struggling just now. Is it between Inter, Juve and AC for the title or do Fiorentina/Udinese really have a shout?

It's a straight fight between Inter and Milan. Juve are too inconsistent and don't have the squad depth. Fiorentina and Udinese also suffer from an overall lack of squad strength while Roma have lost too much ground already.

Chelsea, Man Yoo part 2 for me. Not sure who'd win it though, hopefully the Mighty Blues.

Inter will bottle it in the 1/4's as always. A Mickey Mouse club in the Champions League cosidering their stature.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

barca have been rank rotten this season...yes they won last night in basle...but so did we and even robbie neilson pitched in!:eek:

liverpool chelsea semi again...liverpool man united final!

moan the pool

If they avoid each other then I can see another Man Utd v Chelsea final which would be fun in Rome ! I'll go for Barca and Inter to make up the semi line up.

bigis semiauskas

YOOOONYETED(my other team,oops)

Although i'm partial to a 'big semi' so i hope its Man U v Chelsea and put them out early this time.

kennygarland1
A wee dark-horse... Villareal!

Got an each way bet on at 40/1, so here's hoping!:)

Crackin bet and you should get a right good go for your money,depends on the luck of the draw in the KO stages.

I cannot see past Chelski either though.

Archived