Champions League Winners 2008-2009?

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

Who's your bet for Glory this year.

Please dont turn this into my team will win the CL this year, so feck the rest of ye's. Who do you think will win it, along with who do you think will make the Semi's?

Semi's: (thats if they avoid each other)

Liverpool

Chelsea

Barca

Manchester United

Winners:

Chelsea.

Cant see past them this season, they look the shizzle nizzle. Plus the fact that Scolari is a nice guy and a great coach, I hate them much less than I did when Mourinho was in charge.

So there's my prediction, we could keep looking at this thread for the remainder of the season. Closest to the Semi's and Winner wins a pint from me, in the choice of your pub.

chester copperpot
Chelsea for me too.

Unfortunately.

Just watching Scolari again on SP1. Its kinda hard to dislike the man. He reminds me of my old man, only Brazilian, a good football coach, and less of a ****.

Please dont turn this into my team will win the CL this year, so feck the rest of ye's. Who do you think will win it, along with who do you think will make the Semi's?

Liverpool

Chelsea

Barca

Manchester United

Winners:

Chelsea.

Cant see past them this season, they look the shizzle nizzle. Plus the fact that Scolari is a nice guy and a great coach, I hate them much less than I did when Mourinho was in charge.

So there's my prediction, we could keep looking at this thread for the remainder of the season. Closest to the Semi's and Winner wins a pint from me, in the choice of your pub.

I think that will be the semi's aswell, but I think Liverpool will win it. (I follow Arsenal as an English team):eek:

chester copperpot
I think that will be the semi's aswell, but I think Liverpool will win it. (I follow Arsenal as an English team):eek:

I really hope you're right (As a Liverpool Fan) :)

chester copperpot
Liverpool

Chelsea

Man Utd

Real

Man Utd to win it. (I'm a Hearts fan)

But not a real fan though eh? ;):P

At least the weegies are pumped out...this city continues to shame Scotland,whether it be football or there grubby lifestyle they lead!

Just about forgot....Man Utd:)

chester copperpot
think arsenal have a good chance but chelsea for me

Should we not just all ask that guy who has won "allegedly" 20K's worth of coupons from the start of the season for his bets. Oh thats right, he doesn't predict on here, due to the fact he keeps his bets safe.

PITY. :rolleyes:

I thought you left? :confused:

I'm back! Came back 2 days ago, very sorry for behaving like such an erse.

Liverpool

Chelsea

Barca

Manchester United

Winners:

Chelsea.

Man Utd.

Inter.

Barca.

Arsenal.

Winner-Inter.

Kronenberg,pint of.

Westfields.

Easy peasy.

:)

peebles jambo

after watching the first 45 mins of the chelsea game, they'll have to improve on those kind of performances, they've been pants so far

Said as soon as they lost on penalties in the last one, that Chelsea would win it this year. Their form this year looks good

this_is_my_story
Backed Barcelona at the start of the season @ 8/1 in several bets, see no need to change it.

Fairly difficult to argue with... 5-0 up away to Basel tonight already!

The Old Tolbooth

My semi finalists are

Real Madrid

Barcelona

Liverpool

Chelsea

With probably Chelsea winning it as I think they are just too strong this season for anyone else.

Mines is a pint of McEwans Export, in a wee pub I know in the Shetlands (bet your hoping I don't win now :D)

Guest juvehearts

I love all your interesting thoughts on this.

IMo believe that all the english clubs will be KO'd in or by the semi finals.

Cant believe anyone would forget Juventus.

beat real 2-1 last night, del boy's goal was spectacular.

Im thinking of a very dark horse will make the quarters.CFR Cluj, or Porto.

cant discount athletico either, depending on who gets who in the 1st KO round (i think 2 english clubs will face each other)

All italian final Inter V Juventus.

my team juve to win

Forza Juve

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I love all your interesting thoughts on this.

IMo believe that all the english clubs will be KO'd in or by the semi finals.

Cant believe anyone would forget Juventus.

beat real 2-1 last night, del boy's goal was spectacular.

Im thinking of a very dark horse will make the quarters.CFR Cluj, or Porto.

cant discount athletico either, depending on who gets who in the 1st KO round (i think 2 english clubs will face each other)

All italian final Inter V Juventus.

my team juve to win

Forza Juve

I think there will definitely be an English club in the final and a strong presence in the semi. Their league is just too strong at the moment.

Chad Sexington
I think there will definitely be an English club in the final and a strong presence in the semi. Their league is just too strong at the moment.

Agreed.

The EPL is ridiculously strong these days and awash with money.

This could be the year for Chelsea.

Id love the semi finals to be..

Chelsea V Inter

Man Utd V Real

Offcourse with Utd going on to win it again and making it 4 stars.. Chelsea obviously have to win in with a shout as they look pretty strong. Between them two who wins it.

I think Roma are a shout, despite losing to Cluj. I could see them winning it on their homepatch. Afterall they knocked out Real last year.

I think Roma are a shout, despite losing to Cluj. I could see them winning it on their homepatch. Afterall they knocked out Real last year.

Did you see them tonight? Jesus christ they were dull.

Inter to win outright

Athletico Madrid to make the semis

posted this on the first night, looking good so far.:)

Gavsy Van Gaverson

To win the Champions League you need to have a really strong squad. I think the usual suspects (Barca, Real, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool) will all be there or thereabouts.

I'd like Barcelona or Arsenal to win it, but more likely it wil be Chelsea, Man Utd or Liverpool. I'd have to go for Chelsea - even with players out they just keep on winning.When they are all back they will be almost unstoppable.

Guest juvehearts
Do Juve have the budget to win theCL?

Their vice chairman is the president of FIAT.

they have the players already to win the scudetto, i dont think they'll do it this season as inter have it already wrapped up again IMO

they will make a CL spot, but i do feel that an italian club will win the CL.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Their vice chairman is the president of FIAT.

they have the players already to win the scudetto, i dont think they'll do it this season as inter have it already wrapped up again IMO

they will make a CL spot, but i do feel that an italian club will win the CL.

I very much doubt that. The English clubs have the Italians in their back pockets at the moment. I do see the Italian clubs becoming stronger again but not winning it for another year or two.

Prince Buaben

Semi's

Chelsea

Inter Milan

Barcelona

Man Utd

Final

Man Utd v Chelsea

Winner

Man Utd

i think its between

arsenal - their game seems more suited to european football

chelsea - Scolari and the way they are playing

man utd - even when not playing to top form they are a match for anyone

and

villareal - my dark horses, good defensive record and a lot of quality going forward

I very much doubt that. The English clubs have the Italians in their back pockets at the moment. I do see the Italian clubs becoming stronger again but not winning it for another year or two.

I do not expect Inter to be in the pocket of any English club this season.

The only possible winners are Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Barcelona and Inter.

The rest have no chance.

If Man Utd keep up their current form then another borefest final against Chelski looms.

Barca look good but are still defensively weak.

Arsenal and Liverpool both seem suited to this competition but have the occasional howler.

Inter have an outside chance but Italian club football seems to be in a bit of a lull just now.

Frankenstein Jambo.
I'm back! Came back 2 days ago, very sorry for behaving like such an erse.

The wife let you bak on? ;)

Nice to see you bak

Norfolk and Chance

Surprised to see so many Liverpool shouts. In head to heads against the other English clubs Rafa has a poor record. I'd fancy them against most non English sides but I think they would need to beat at least one of Chelsea or Man Utd to win it and I think that's unlikely.

I fancy Manchester United, Chelsea, Inter and Real Madrid for the semi finals - Manchester United to win the final in Roma

I think it will be one of 5 teams. Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Real and Barca.

I think Chelsea will win it but it's tough to call

Would love to see Man U win it again but I think it is probably Chelsea's year.

Semi's are impossible to predict but would gamble on

MUFC / BARCA / CHELSEA / VILLAREAL

Archived