Iphone 3G Help

special agent oso

special agent oso

Hi Everyone , all i seem to do is ask for people's help , i am not technically gifted, Any how i got an iphone a few weeks back and would like to know how to download movies to it .

1 , Can a bought dvd I.E Demolition Derby be transfered using itunes then to the iphone ?

2, Can downloaded movies from Bitcomet be transfered ?

3 , Will i need special programmes to download and transfer ?

I know i am asking a lot , but i was just hoping someone with a knowledge of computers or transfering could help

Thanks in advance

Braiden

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I don't have an iPhone so i may be totally wrong, But i'll try and help anyway.

1) I would say yes (bearing in mind i don't know for certain) Is Demolition Derby already on iTunes?... If not you will need to re-encode it to an mp4 file.

2) Yes but you will need to re-encode to mp4, Or go to podtropolis.com and download films etc which have been converted to play on your iPod without the need to convert them yourself.

3) I wouldn't think so.

special agent oso

Demolition Derby is just on a dvd , when i stick it in the drawer it comes up with a list of things to do , like play with media player , etc there is 1 option recode dvd using nero decode ( what ever that is ), maybe i'll just forget it , it all seems to technical for me , but thanks anyway

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

No don't give up Braiden... If you can do it once, then you can do it as many times as you like. Encoding to mp4 is easy enough, you just have to find a program to do it.

I am no expert, and my advice is very basic... So don't let what i say put you off! :)

special agent oso

I'll keep trying and hopefully someone will be able to help , seems a waste of an iphone if i cant do a basic thing like watch a video on it , transfering my cds is so easy , so hopefully if i get pointed in the right direction downloading dvd , movies etc should be a breeze

Brian Whittaker's Tache
Hi Everyone , all i seem to do is ask for people's help , i am not technically gifted, Any how i got an iphone a few weeks back and would like to know how to download movies to it .

1 , Can a bought dvd I.E Demolition Derby be transfered using itunes then to the iphone ?

2, Can downloaded movies from Bitcomet be transfered ?

3 , Will i need special programmes to download and transfer ?

1. You need to convert it to mp4 format. I use handbrake for this as its really simple and FREE. Download it here http://handbrake.fr/

2. Yes as longs as theyre mp4 format

3. iTunes will handle the transfer File>Add to Menu This upload the movie file to itunes you can then drag and drop it onto your iphone

this_is_my_story

There's plenty of freely available software which can rip a dvd to your hard drive, but I'm pretty sure most of them do so with the output file being an avi. You'd need to convert (I think) that to an mp4 for Iphone use - again, you can get free software to do that. As far as transferring the files to your phone, did you get a data cable with your phone that you can use to connect it to your pc? And, do you have a mac or a pc?

this link may help you out:

http://www.freewarezoom.com/archives/free-dvd-ripper

special agent oso

Sorry , lads this way over my head , I dont understand a word of it , i tried downloading handbrake , and this message came up saying i need microsoft.net runtime libraryv2 , i have 1.1.4322, and i need to google netframework 2 for an url ,

I have a laptop with xp on it , if thats differnet from a mac i have no idea.

I have no clue about computers , sorry

Not Long back from Fall out Boy In Glasgow Tonight and i

am off to Benidorm at 7am in the morning,:cool:but if you are still

having problems when i come back i will help you out.

I transfer tons of stuff to my girls i Touch, which is the same

but no phone.

What you have to remember is when you get to the mpeg4 bit,

you want it at 640x480 to fit the screen.It is not the perfect size

but close enough.

Sorry i don't have time at the mo.

special agent oso

i got it working guys thanks , only thing is i have tried using handbrake , but for some reason i put the cd in but it wont transfer the whole dvd , the first dvd i done worked perfectly , i tried to put the 21 in a row dvd on but it only transfered 52 mins , i am sure i am just doing something stupid wrong

Archived