Vlad, The Russian Oligarch and George Osborne

billco98

jambos are go!
No abuse intended. Simply pointing out I think you are na?ve to think what you do. I imagine most reading this thread thinks the same.

So they were talking a about aluminium ? Yes I guessed that !!

However this was on a private holiday. In a massive private yacht. Whilst being wined and dined. It was not an official meeting.

You can't really compare this to Darling meeting Fred Goodwin in the cabinet room at #10 can you………………..;)

Honestly do you really think Labour can do no wrong ? Please just tell me a few things you think they have got seriously wrong. Otherwise there is not much point chatting with you. :)

The 10p tax rate

The war in Iraq

Bank deregulation

Does not mean they're not the best on offer.

Right I've answered your question so I'll ask you one. What's your views on Thatcher and Thatcherism. Have to go out for a while but will check in later.

The 10p tax rate

The war in Iraq

Bank deregulation

Does not mean they're not the best on offer.

Right I've answered your question so I'll ask you one. What's your views on Thatcher and Thatcherism. Have to go out for a while but will check in later.

Fair dos !! Although was the bank deregulation not the Tories - Labour simply carried on with it ? Not sure myself.

I think Thatcher did some good and some bad. Same as pretty much most PM's we have had in recent history. One thing she was capable of though was being a leader that people listened to. Whether she was saying the right thing of course depended on the subject at the time.

I was too young to appreciate what was going on back then but I get the impression a hard nosed leader was required in those days. Made mistakes of course - just like the rest.

One of my main issues with Blair and Brown over the last few years is their use of massive debt to con the UK into thinking we were all wealthy. I think this action will go down in history as damaging the UK for many years to come.

I do think they have done some good though. Much better investment and treatment of the armed forces for example. Still nowhere near what is required but a start. They have tried to get people to have a bit of respect for our Armed Forces and that is to be commended.

As for sleaze they have just gone to the levels of the Tories in their previous Government. I think the time in power corrupts. They get big heads. They get arrogant. They think they can get away with anything and do for quite a while until the public works it out. Tories and Labour both followed this to a tee IMO.

You've got to laugh - folk arguing about who is more sleazy on the basis of which political party they support! Neither Osbourne or Mandelson come out of this with any credit.

More to the point, should this not be in the Shed?

You've got to laugh - folk arguing about who is more sleazy on the basis of which political party they support! Neither Osbourne or Mandelson come out of this with any credit.

More to the point, should this not be in the Shed?

No argument from me. They are all sleazy. :)

Archived