Witnessed the Livvy Hearts bus being tanned.

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

I was walking past the bus as it was getting tanned, and I can tell you that it was an extremely intimidating moment for us, I honestly didn't think we would get through them and what we witnessed was nothing short of disgraceful.

I cant see another thread on this (although I've only checked the front page) and think this should be highlighted, especially as Hibs fans are seriously trying to sully our name with petty accusations of this, that, and another of whatever they can pathetically grasp at.

I estimated that there were between 100-200 fans launching bottles, glasses, and anything else they can get their hands on, and they were like a crazed pack of animals, it was a disgusting and vile way for any so called human beings to act, and I haven't seen violence like that at a football match for a very long time.

I cant help thinking that if there were any women or kids on that bus of how terrified they must have been, thankfully the windows were obviously toughened glass and most missiles that were raining in on the bus just bounced off, but I think the windscreen was smashed.

Another note, the driver of the bus should be made to pay for the damage for being so stupid to drive down amongst a stronghold of Hibs fans in the first place, and then after he does pay for it, he should send the bill to Hibs FC seeing as it was their supporters who carried out this horrible act.

Hibs fans, I hope your proud!!! :mad:

The Old Tolbooth

I also meant to add that if anyone from Livvy Hearts needs me to make a statement to the police then I'd be more than happy to furnish them with what I witnessed.

Colonel Kurtz
I was walking past the bus as it was getting tanned, and I can tell you that it was an extremely intimidating moment for us, I honestly didn't think we would get through them and what we witnessed was nothing short of disgraceful.

I cant see another thread on this (although I've only checked the front page) and think this should be highlighted, especially as Hibs fans are seriously trying to sully our name with petty accusations of this, that, and another of whatever they can pathetically grasp at.

I estimated that there were between 100-200 fans launching bottles, glasses, and anything else they can get their hands on, and they were like a crazed pack of animals, it was a disgusting and vile way for any so called human beings to act, and I haven't seen violence like that at a football match for a very long time.

I cant help thinking that if there were any women or kids on that bus of how terrified they must have been, thankfully the windows were obviously toughened glass and most missiles that were raining in on the bus just bounced off, but I think the windscreen was smashed.

Another note, the driver of the bus should be made to pay for the damage for being so stupid to drive down amongst a stronghold of Hibs fans in the first place, and then after he does pay for it, he should send the bill to Hibs FC seeing as it was their supporters who carried out this horrible act.

The pub was allegedly selling drink prior to opening time,the police should investigate this and perhaps the EEN could also pick up on this allegation

Was in the pub with the livi and the craigmillar boys before the game and got a run up on the C/millar bus...good move by the sounds of it.

The other Dunfermline boys were on the Livi bus,said it was a bit harum scarum but nobody was hurt!

Guest juvehearts

this will be swept under the carpet because its not prolific enough & we are not in glasgow, or play in hoops or wear royal blue.

The pub was allegedly selling drink prior to opening time,the police should investigate this and perhaps the EEN could also pick up on this allegation

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHH! or we'll never get an early bevvy again!

The Old Tolbooth

You can bet your bottom dollar that if it was Hearts fans who had done that to a Hibs supporters bus that it would make front page of the EEN and the national rags too!

kennygarland1

I totally agree about the driver,but i also hope the idiots who threw the missiles are caught,i imagine there is cctv in that area and i would find it hard to swallow if the police do not have any cctv footage of the incident.

I fully expect arrests to follow very soon.

Disgraceful, as were the Rangers section of the Jambos fans who set about some guys at Abbeyhill, for complaining about their sectarian songs enroute to the game. I realise songs like "hello hello" have had hearts links, but "The Famine Is Over" song surely has no place at Hearts games. Just makes me think they were mini huns. Was ashamed to be associated with them, mind you they never wore colours.

Where abouts was that J?

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHH! or we'll never get an early bevvy again!

Mate, take a ****** to yourself and get off this site!...this is a serious post that could have ended a lot worse!.

Like the guy says imagine there were women or kids on that bus!. Although I'm not surprised at all by these animals, its nothing less than you expect from a low life, Mongrel society!.

Go back to Lochend and rattle your sister!....:107years:

FTH!!!!!

Mate, take a ****** to yourself and get off this site!...this is a serious post that could have ended a lot worse!.

Like the guy says imagine there were women or kids on that bus!. Although I'm not surprised at all by these animals, its nothing less than you expect from a low life, Mongrel society!.

FTH!!!!!

I know exactly who was on the bus because I was with them...IN A PUB AT 10 0'clock...so get off your high horse and try to dig up somebody else..diddy!

The Old Tolbooth
Where abouts was that J?

It was outside the Royal Nip that it happened mate, my mate said to me that the road would take us out at Middletons, and I said to him that I thought we were a street too low (cheers Mid lol)

FTH!!!!!

:)

Cant believe there is even an ounce of blame being placed on the driver of the bus to be honest.

How very dare he "drive past some Hibs fans" eh.

Funnily enough, i regularly see coaches full of opposition fans drive towards Tynecastle, along Gorgie Road and manage to make it from one end t'other without bother.

Its clear what (or indeed who) the problem is here, and the route taken by the bus driver is not that problem.

kennygarland1
Was in the pub with the livi and the craigmillar boys before the game and got a run up on the C/millar bus...good move by the sounds of it.

The other Dunfermline boys were on the Livi bus,said it was a bit harum scarum but nobody was hurt!

Was brother Hook in there and did he go to the game:eek:

The Old Tolbooth
Cant believe there is even an ounce of blame being placed on the driver of the bus to be honest.

How very dare he "drive past some Hibs fans" eh.

Funnily enough, i regularly see coaches full of opposition fans drive towards Tynecastle, along Gorgie Road and manage to make it from one end t'other without bother.

Its clear what (or indeed who) the problem is here, and the route taken by the bus driver is not that problem.

It's actually a fair enough point that you make mate, a driver shouldn't have to worry about which route he has to take for fear of sc um trashing his bus, but you would think that common sense would apply when your responsible for driving a bus with a load of football fans on it to a derby match, and that you would take a "safe route" so to speak.

Totally agree re opposition fans driving through the Hearts support most weeks though, I cant remember ever seeing any away fans being subjected to that at Tynecastle.

I should add that i'm not just referring to supporters of "small" teams driving through Gorgie.

If supporters of both halves of the old firm can drive along Gorgie Road in their coaches and not get attacked - then I see no reason why the same cannot be said for a Hearts coach in or around Easter Road.

The Old Tolbooth
I should add that i'm not just referring to supporters of "small" teams driving through Gorgie.

If supporters of both halves of the old firm can drive along Gorgie Road in their coaches and not get attacked - then I see no reason why the same cannot be said for a Hearts coach in or around Easter Road.

I agree, I've seen plenty of old firm supporters buses drop their fans off in and around the thick of Hearts supporters and no harm has come to them, I'd like to think that Hibs fans could do the same without the fear of being subjected to that.

kennygarland1
Dont know who your on about!

Big brother Hook is a regular in there,or was last time i was in aboot 3yrs ago,everybody in there knows brother Hook

Agree with this but there was no way there was between 100-200, a couple of dozen tops.

FTH!!!!!

Clueless, absolutely fekin clueless !

You have absolutely no idea who you are talking to, or even what you're talking about, do you ? If anyone on this thread should do one, I'd respectfully suggest it's a slavering erse, rather than someone who knows what they're talking about.

So bolt !

You have absolutely no idea who you are talking to, or even what you're talking about, do you ? If anyone on this thread should do one, I'd respectfully suggest it's a slavering erse, rather than someone who knows what they're talking about.

So bolt !

Your pints in the post Gasman;)

:o

2nd time the livvy bus has been done in also got the same treatment 2003 phil stamp game im sure

Good bunch of boys,I suggest a different route the next time:o

We were going to follow the Livi bus up from the pub but turned off...thankfully!

Seymour M Hersh

So bolt !

Amen to that brother! I wonder if the 94 refers to the year of his birth?:107years:

Amen to that brother! I wonder if the 94 refers to the year of his birth?:107years:

Your pint is also in the post Mr C

winston churchill
2nd time the livvy bus has been done in also got the same treatment 2003 phil stamp game im sure

that was at regent terrace/road

was it really five years ago:eek:

Was in "an un-named pub" with the livi and the craigmillar boys before the game and got a run up on the C/millar bus...good move by the sounds of it.

The Old Tolbooth
Agree with this but there was no way there was between 100-200, a couple of dozen tops.

Hmmm, it maybe just seemed more when your walking through the middle of that baying mob, I would deffo say more than a couple of dozen though, they were literally falling over themselves to get out the pub to throw something at the bus and the pavement seemed very congested with hobos.

I still feel dirty mingling with that lot!!

Guest jambomickey
Hmmm, it maybe just seemed more when your walking through the middle of that baying mob, I would deffo say more than a couple of dozen though, they were literally falling over themselves to get out the pub to throw something at the bus and the pavement seemed very congested with hobos.

did you get any grief john? pity there wasn't a squad of jambos in that area at the time

The Old Tolbooth
did you get any grief john? pity there wasn't a squad of jambos in that area at the time

No grief at all mate, and we were decked in colours as well lol, I must admit though I was keeping a very close eye on them as I thought there would be a few cowardly punches raining in on us at some point.

Guest jambomickey
No grief at all mate, and we were decked in colours as well lol, I must admit though I was keeping a very close eye on them as I thought there would be a few cowardly punches raining in on us at some point.

that's good mate, total vermin ****

until i saw you mate, i thought the boys on the bus done well not to rise to it, and to the great speed that the local police responded, i think they might be heading down there now.

until i saw you mate, i thought the boys on the bus done well not to rise to it, and to the great speed that the local police responded, i think they might be heading down there now.

Somebody will have to tell them.;)

winston churchill

john

there was a thread by a hobo on the wind up last night.the mods closed it down.

Rudolf's Mate

Now justice would have been the driver not being able to see through the broken window and putting a few of them in hospital for a few weeks! Nothing too serious, just a broken bone or 12!!!

saw it myself, no windows were put through just ****ed up neds throwing (plastic) cups and a few bottles etc. good 150 outside, maybe 50 involved.

To be honest the songs I heard during the game/the seats by me getting smashed up diminished my disgust. it's football, it's a derby, these things happen.

saw it myself, no windows were put through just ****ed up neds throwing (plastic) cups and a few bottles etc. good 150 outside, maybe 50 involved.

To be honest the songs I heard during the game/the seats by me getting smashed up diminished my disgust. it's football, it's a derby, these things happen.

The front windscreen was smashed at the top left and the back on one side window was smashed, not sure if there was any more windows smashed.

There was no way there was 150 outside, there was probably about 50 or so tops, and nowhere near as many were taking part in this incident.

Just to clarify, we are now even as the songs that were sung and the seats being smashed means we finished all square with them? :mad:

Maybe John, however I pretty sure there was no more than a couple of dozen throwing things, there were more people outside though, however a lot of them were already outside prior to the incident happening.

Jog on Hobo.

What a Ramjet.

as you all know iam a hibs fan and find this deeply upsetting i don't condone this madness . I find this embarrassing , i hope no one was injured .

I was there and saw it all. There was 20-30 at best throwing bottles/tins. Bunch of idiotic cowards. They werent so hard when groups of you lot walked past but seemed to be brave at hitting a bus,maybe because a bus cant hit back.. Im glad that noone got hurt on the bus.

as you all know iam a hibs fan and find this deeply upsetting i don't condone this madness . I find this embarrassing , i hope no one was injured .

Well said anne,I think it's a sad state of affairs when supporters from BOTH clubs can't go and watch their teams for fear of attack from a bunch of idiots.

I won't be taking my daughter to a derby at ER again that's for sure.

I totally agree with you I have 3 kids 2 jambos and 1 hibee but non of them will go to a derby or a celtic or rangers game as I find these games attract idiots who cause problems . It is sad in this day an age that these morons spoil it for the next generation of our fans be it hearts or hibs .

I totally agree with you I have 3 kids 2 jambos and 1 hibee but non of them will go to a derby or a celtic or rangers game as I find these games attract idiots who cause problems . It is sad in this day an age that these morons spoil it for the next generation of our fans be it hearts or hibs .

On the other hand, I took my 10-year old to his first ever derby and he absolutely loved every minute of it (apart from the first 90 seconds). He wore his colours down fester road and London Road without any problems and he walked alongside Hibees in their colours. He cant wait to go to the next one.

Disgraceful, as were the Rangers section of the Jambos fans who set about some guys at Abbeyhill, for complaining about their sectarian songs enroute to the game. I realise songs like "hello hello" have had hearts links, but "The Famine Is Over" song surely has no place at Hearts games. Just makes me think they were mini huns. Was ashamed to be associated with them, mind you they never wore colours.

They hibs fans hit that Jambo first doughball thats y a fight kicked off...

The Old Tolbooth
john

there was a thread by a hobo on the wind up last night.the mods closed it down.

Yeah I noticed it eventually when I trawled through some other pages of threads mate, it kinda degenerated a bit but the hobos on it need emptied all the same.

Archived