Who picked yesterday's team?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Whoever it was chose the right side for the first time in ages I was delighted at the team. Wasn't a great team but was by far and away the best we had to offer.

I'd give everyone full marks other than Kingston who was a lazy bugger again.

:sad:

I was tempted to start a thread on this, I watch on HW . CL had Driver and Agular back from injuries, Nade approaching full fitness, pretty close to the best team fielded.

Subs of the bench at 90 mins was a good tactical move, gave Nade and Kingsleythe opportunity to acknowledge the fans, BUT it also gave Mole and Thompson a vote of confidence.

I think it is CL"s team, now let him start on organizing that squeaky defence and then concentrate on the strikers.

Only one Lith to start and one Lith still on. It"s Csaba's team.

bp

ery happy with the line-up and the performance yesterday on another day we could and should have won, but we dominated the game and the goals will come. Obua, Ches and Tullberg all still to come back too, it looks deent for us. Play like that for the rest of the season and we will be third minimum.

Only thing for me is I would definately swap Jonsson & Karapidis.

Was delighted when I saw the starting 11.

Only concerns for me were Jonsson at RB and Kingston in general.

Eggy has to step it up a gear, IMO Riordan had him most of the game. He didn't do anything convincingly wrong, but he can't throw a ball and he seemed a bit reluctant when the ball was in the air.

Kingston was a joke yesterday. He was like Bambi on Ice. Distribution was awful, shooting was awful, set pieces predictable and his attitude stank. It took seeing Bruno back in the jersey for me to realise how overrated this guy is. Stick Miko in for Larry and we have a team. He would have taken little Lewis to the cleaners yesterday, whereas Kingston would beat a man and slow down, wait for him to catch up and then punt a nothing ball up to Nade.

Overall though, best team performance of the season by a mile. Nade put in a great shift and with a couple of starts under his belt hopefully the goals will come.

I would definately say that was CL's team/formation and tactics yesterday.

No Miko for a start. Although having said that about him, Maybe bringing him on for Kingston with 15mins left would have been an idea.

In all I think CL can hold his head up and take the credit on this one.

Jam Tarts 1874
I would definately say that was CL's team/formation and tactics yesterday.

No Miko for a start. Although having said that about him, Maybe bringing him on for Kingston with 15mins left would have been an idea.

In all I think CL can hold his head up and take the credit on this one.

I think you will find that Miko has only been starting due to Driver's injury.

Sorry to bother you all, but I can't seem to post a new topic as I've not relpied to enough threads...

So, thought I'd just gate crash instead!!

Could anyone find the thread for me that talks about the Landlady who looks after the under 18s boys? She's the one that the Football Academy don't EVER pay on time & she's constantly pleading with them for money??!

Hope you can help - would really appreciate direction! I've looked myself, but you guys chat LOADS & I've no idea where to start looking!!

Thanks in advance if you can help meee!

HP.

;)

I think you will find that Miko has only been starting due to Driver's injury.

Miko should get the nod instead of Kingston... he was pi$$ poor yesterday.

I thought the whole team (barr Kingston, Kello and Zaliukas) were great yesterday and we at last look to have the makings of a decent team... providing we can get our strikers to start scoring! Nade got himself a few good chances yesterday and for my money there was nothing wrong with the header he scored... however hiss last minute miss was awful... a total 'Iwelumo!'

Best starting 11 (in a 4-4-2):

Balogh

Jonsson

Karipidis

Berra

Wallace

Miko

Agiuar

Stewart

Driver

Nade

Glen

I reckon we'd win a lot of games with that team!

Miko should get the nod instead of Kingston... he was pi$$ poor yesterday.

I thought the whole team (barr Kingston, Kello and Zaliukas) were great yesterday and we at last look to have the makings of a decent team... providing we can get our strikers to start scoring! Nade got himself a few good chances yesterday and for my money there was nothing wrong with the header he scored... however hiss last minute miss was awful... a total 'Iwelumo!'

Best starting 11 (in a 4-4-2):

Balogh

Jonsson

Karipidis

Berra

Wallace

Miko

Agiuar

Stewart

Driver

Nade

Glen

I reckon we'd win a lot of games with that team!

Maybe a good shout. Remember we have Obua to come back as well. PLaying him at left back instead of wallace i think would make a massive difference. I can't see Glen being part of the team if the rumours about Csaba and Glen are true. or even playing same formation as yesterday with Obua playing of Nade, as Csaba seems to prefer Obua in Midfield. I do think Larry needs dropped for a game or two just to give him a kick up the backside. But Larry playing to his potential would always make the first 11.

It was the same formation as we regularly picked when Cernenkov was in control of the team. In a number of games at the start of 2007-8 we played a midfield 3 of Palazuelos-Jonsson-Stewart with Driver and Kingston wide and Velicka up front.

Exactly the same formation as that yesterday.

I don't think it was really any different from the formation used all this season either, just that Aguiar by his nature as a midfield player often came much deeper than the likes of Kingston/Obua/Ksnavicius and Mole have done in the hole.

It was the same formation as we regularly picked when Cernenkov was in control of the team. In a number of games at the start of 2007-8 we played a midfield 3 of Palazuelos-Jonsson-Stewart with Driver and Kingston wide and Velicka up front.

Exactly the same formation as that yesterday.

I don't think it was really any different from the formation used all this season either, just that Aguiar by his nature as a midfield player often came much deeper than the likes of Kingston/Obua/Ksnavicius and Mole have done in the hole.

Agreed to an extent - although we did appear to press the game a bit more, play more on the front foot and play with a higher back 4, than we did at anytime under Cervenkov, and from what I have seen, than we have most of the time this season

Maybe a good shout. Remember we have Obua to come back as well. PLaying him at left back instead of wallace i think would make a massive difference. I can't see Glen being part of the team if the rumours about Csaba and Glen are true. or even playing same formation as yesterday with Obua playing of Nade, as Csaba seems to prefer Obua in Midfield. I do think Larry needs dropped for a game or two just to give him a kick up the backside. But Larry playing to his potential would always make the first 11.

What are the Glen and Csaba rumours?

Dr Ian Malcolm

Think the Kingston bashing is slightly harsh. First 10 - 15 minutes he wasn't at it, but once we got the ball down and played a bit he came on to a decent game. Was telling that first half he drifeted in field and got involved, although this did mean he had no outlet on the right. Contrary to opinion, I though he kept the ball well enough.

2nd half he started linking up well with Aguiar on the right and we looked very dangerous. Should have scored at least one with the chances he had but don't thibk he was nearly as bad as some are making out. Work rate has to increase when we lose posession.

Until we get another striker, I wouldn't really mind this team starting most games. The midfield seems strong and actually able to support a one-man striker.

The issue is who to drop in place of another striker if we want the 2 up front.

In terms of genuine chances created, we offered more yesterday than in our last three games put together. While still not brilliant, we at least looked threatening, and the 4-5-1 worked well. If only the "1" had had his shooting boots on! Let's face it, for most of the season we've been playing 4-4-0-0 and yesterday was a big improvement. Driver's return meant that the opposing defence had something to worry about. More of the same against Aberdeen would suit me fine.

I'm pretty certain that Csaba has been picking the team all season. Sometimes I dont agree with his decisions - I'm not a fan of players playing out of position (Karapidis, Johnson) and Id prefer 2 strikers - but I'm content that he is picking his own team and that I can judge him on said teams performances.

I was too sure when I heard the team. Playing 1 upfront again, was a bit wary.

But Hearts proved me wrong.... The Midfield looked so much more organised with Aguiar back in it. Driver's pace was unbelievable and Karipidis done well as a defensive midfielder....

I am just thinking though.... Will that be the same team to be put out against Aberdeen this Saturday?

Also...Balogh was good when he came on for the 2nd half. That save he made to keeo out 2 of Riordan's shots was brilliant.

Very Impressed with that team and hope we can use it more :D

winston churchill
Personally thought Johnnson had Riordan on toast.

may tennents did you nail.

back heel for their goal

smacked the post

took him out at the penalty;)

the hoofers banged long balls at 01 all afternoon

Archived