Dissertations

Carl Weathers

jamboinglasgow
Went the way of all flesh means to die.

Asser's Life of Alfred is full of that comment.

Froissart rocks too.

ah rite, well you learn something new every day. That makes more sense, but I like the idea of thinking it is the other way.

ah rite, well you learn something new every day. That makes more sense, but I like the idea of thinking it is the other way.

Are you at Glasgow Uni?

I did a spot of Medieval History there back in the day...

jamboinglasgow
Are you at Glasgow Uni?

I did a spot of Medieval History there back in the day...

yup, its a great department for medieval history. Nothing like doing your lectures in such nice buildings (i.e. not the adam smith building like I did economics in. That was ugly.)

yup, its a great department for medieval history. Nothing like doing your lectures in such nice buildings (i.e. not the adam smith building like I did economics in. That was ugly.)

Yeah, I got politics taught in that building, as well as the Boyd Orr.

Enjoy it! It's a good uni.

I'm taking the same route as RedM took, as I'm also doing it on football. Have to do it on something I'm interested in considering the rest of my course isn't exactly the most exciting!

The current plan for me is looking at identity of football clubs. Whether club identity matters anymore due to the way the game has changed in recent years or are they now effectively brand names? If so, what are the potential consequences? I'll look at various aspects as to how it may have changed - advertising, media, globalization, fans and power.

I may end up doing some sort of questionnaire too asking how people feel about the current state of the game. I'm sure you lot will be more than happy to take part in ;)

Carl Weathers
I'm taking the same route as RedM took, as I'm also doing it on football. Have to do it on something I'm interested in considering the rest of my course isn't exactly the most exciting!

The current plan for me is looking at identity of football clubs. Whether club identity matters anymore due to the way the game has changed in recent years or are they now effectively brand names? If so, what are the potential consequences? I'll look at various aspects as to how it may have changed - advertising, media, globalization, fans and power.

I may end up doing some sort of questionnaire too asking how people feel about the current state of the game. I'm sure you lot will be more than happy to take part in ;)

Nice one. What are you studying at Uni'?

I just had to do research projects and my first one I did on the male perspective of a female football fan (cant remember exact title) but it was quite interesting and I just did various different methods of surveys etc on Hearts fans. Easy!

My final one was pretty hard and was on academical achievement for a child with ADHD. Worst bit I remember was transcribing interviews. Was worth it though and good experiences to go through (with hindsight!).

Archived