Fletcher offside for Hobos goal?

Fozzyonthefence

Fozzyonthefence

I am the only one who thought Fletcher was offside? The ball was definitely played forward & I don't think 2 players were playing him on. Anyone got the clip of the goal?

Or was it a case of beer goggles on my part?

Just wondering if it was another blunder on the officials part after getting the Hibs "pen" & Nade's "goal" decisions totally wrong.

Dagger Is Back
I am the only one who thought Fletcher was offside? The ball was definitely played forward & I don't think 2 players were playing him on. Anyone got the clip of the goal?

Just wondering if it was another blunder on the officials part after getting the Hibs "pen" & Nade's "goal" decisions totally wrong.

Beer goggles mate - sorry

Doctor FinnBarr

Sorry, he was on. Ratboy was off but made no attempt to play the ball!

:107years:

Disagree. Ball went forward and only Kello between him and the goal. But this happens every week. No one seems to be given off side in the six box any more.

Ratboy not offside I dont think as he made the pass - my first reaction and I still stand by it was that Sheils was offside wide left although not interfering with paly - is that allowed?

Dagger Is Back
Ratboy not offside I dont think as he made the pass - my first reaction and I still stand by it was that Sheils was offside wide left although not interfering with paly - is that allowed?

Yes if he'd run onto the ball the flag would have gone up

yep. watch the replay, ball played forward and only the keeper behind the hibs players, by the rules offside.

as another poster said though, because it was so close in, these are rarely given offside... unless it's against the ugly sisters.

bilston angel

I thought he might have been off as the ball was passed forward but the angle of the camera was not directly across the park it remains inconclusive and no beer involved.

Doctor FinnBarr

Sorry, having a vodka moment, it was indeed ol' 1 eye.

:107years:

This was onside as not interfering with play, but the OP question I think is regarding later in the move when the the final pass is played along the six yard box, fletcher arrives before Wallace to score and the ball was played forward. Looked a close call.

Disagree. Ball went forward and only Kello between him and the goal. But this happens every week. No one seems to be given off side in the six box any more.

I think he was onside cos he was behind the ball when Nish crossed it. (Although he was obviously in front of Wallace)

The White Cockade

Fletcher wasn't offside

as somebody pointed out he was behind the ball when Nish played it

so can't be offside

I think he was onside cos he was behind the ball when Nish crossed it. (Although he was obviously in front of Wallace)

Correctamundo.

Fozzyonthefence

Yeah, I was meaning for the final pass, not Ratboy before it. I'll need to tape the highlights now. I didn't think he was behind Colin Pish when he played it forward across the 6 six yard box but nobody seemed to mention it on TV so I'm probably wrong.

Fozzyonthefence
You can't be offside if you are in line with the ball when it is played.

I know that but I thought he was beyond the ball not in line. Time will tell...

Looked like it to me chief.

fair doos.

you have to hand it to the rat, great wee flick. he was threatening as fek in the first 15 mins but thankfully that was more or less it from him.

He looked like he was in front of the ball when it was played, the ball was played forward, and Fletcher was in front of Wallace when it was played.

Defo offside.

The White Cockade
He looked like he was in front of the ball when it was played, the ball was played forward, and Fletcher was in front of Wallace when it was played.

Defo offside.

nah

Judging by what is sometimes posted on here, I don't think we've EVER conceded a legitmate goal or given a penalty away.

They are always refereeing errors!

Yes, it was a goal!!

We will lose them from time to time..reality bite please

Both Fletcher and Sheils were in offside positions when Riordan played the ball through, but Sheils never moved for it and by the time Nish cut it accross Fletcher was back onside again IMO.

Several players caught napping (Jonsson and Karapidis especially) during the lead up to the goal but perfectly okay goal IMO.

Still not sure about the penalty. Camera angles are all inconclusive but I would have been screaming for it if it had been us I suppose.

Nothing at all wrong with the Nade goal, just simply shocking goalkeeping that he got away with unjustly IMO

Geoff Kilpatrick

It was a perfectly good goal.

Questions should be asked of Karipidis for being weak in the tackle in the lead up to the goal.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Both Fletcher and Sheils were in offside positions when Riordan played the ball through, but Sheils never moved for it and by the time Nish cut it accross Fletcher was back onside again IMO.

Several players caught napping (Jonsson and Karapidis especially) during the lead up to the goal but perfectly okay goal IMO.

Still not sure about the penalty. Camera angles are all inconclusive but I would have been screaming for it if it had been us I suppose.

Nothing at all wrong with the Nade goal, just simply shocking goalkeeping that he got away with unjustly IMO

The penalty for them was a stonewaller. Riordan was clever and 'invited' Jonsson to foul him, which he duly did, but it was a penalty.

As for our goal, it should have counted but I wasn't making a big deal of it given the current rules. It only needs to look like the keeper has been touched for a free-kick to be awarded to them. It doesn't make it right, however, but that seems to be the unwritten rule these days.

Seymour M Hersh
The penalty for them was a stonewaller. Riordan was clever and 'invited' Jonsson to foul him, which he duly did, but it was a penalty.

As for our goal, it should have counted but I wasn't making a big deal of it given the current rules. It only needs to look like the keeper has been touched for a free-kick to be awarded to them. It doesn't make it right, however, but that seems to be the unwritten rule these days.

Even when the keeper is behind the attacking player and leaning over him in a pathetic attempt to get the ball? I agree with you re keepers getting protection but if anyone was getting fouled here it had to be Nade in my opinion.

Not often you see the words "Riordan" and "clever" in the same sentence.

Archived