Hibs 'Penalty'

DC_92

winston churchill

100% stick on stonewaller:)

but has been said on this and other threads............nades goal being chalked off evens things up.

If we didn,t get that decision we would be freaking!!!!

All in all thankfully he didn,t get it .

It was a pen though.............

Is it me or is that wee rat one ugly little muther!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laughable. miko would have been booked for the same thing. never a pen in a month of hobo scottish cup wins. ratboy went down by his own making over the challenge, not as a result of being brought down.

not a dive as such, but never a pen.

100% stick on stonewaller:)

but has been said on this and other threads............nades goal being chalked off evens things up.

Not quite evens things up.

A penalty is a clear opportunity to score a goal, it is NOT a goal.

It can't be a stone waller when so many think it was not a pen!

Was I the only one that thought it was a dive?:confused:

Got to admit, I thought it was a penalty, but their goal was offside and we had a perfectly good one from Nade disallowed, so, I tihnk they can hardly complain.

Having just seen it again on Sultana I still think Ratboy made the most of it but it probably should have been given.

Nae joy ya poisonous wee jobby :D

It was every bit a dive as Miko's was against Scotland.

I've been hit harder by a new born.

Riordan is a cheating ****bag.

Thought it was a pen. If they scored that would probably been it finished. An apart from chalking Nades goal off i thought the ref had a pretty decent game.

winston churchill
Not quite evens things up.

A penalty is a clear opportunity to score a goal, it is NOT a goal.

It can't be a stone waller when so many think it was not a pen!

it was a stick on penalty.

makes it even better that the ref never gave it;)

portobellojambo1

At the game my first thought was it was a penalty. I watched it a couple of times on replay in the pub after the game and still felt it was a penalty. In saying that I do not feel I will lose any sleep tonight because the referee failed to give it.

They may have scored from it, they may not have, we scored what looked like a perfectly legitimate goal which was chalked off, again a very strange decision.

I was in the upper tier at the same side as the incident and thought at the time that it was a penalty but having seen the Beeb's highlights the third replay of the incident shows Zal's foot is flat on the deck 12" or so in front of rearends when he goes down

Verdict;

Never touched him

Never a pen

Cheetin Barsteward

I think it was probably a penalty.

I'd certainly feel hard done to if it had been our shout.

But - I think the chopping off of a perfectly legit goal for no reason should be a far more significant talking point than the failure to award a "questionable" penalty.

Watched it a few times mate and I don't think the contact is there. He sticks his leg in and pulls it away before ratboy dives over it IMO.

He actually doesn't mate. Watch it again, and watch Jonsson's foot. His foot is planted and he does not pull it away.

It was a stonewaller IMO, much like PJ1, I didn't lose sleep due to it not being given, but had that been Van Zanten and Driver we would ALL be screaming for it.

The only difference between the two stonewall decisions that the ref got wrong was that they were not guaranteed to score the penalty, Nade had the ball in the onion bag.

It was a penalty but then as has been said there was nothing wrong with Nade's goal either. Goalkeepers get way too much protection, its ridiculous.

Had it been Miko the commetators would have had a different view of it, as would the ref who would have booked Miko.

Exactly. I reckon it was a penalty, but if that had been Miko or Ksanivicious the ref would have pulled his nipple off trying to get the yellow card out his pocket.

We were spared by a dodgy decision, but Nade's disallowed goal was equally as bad a decision. I don't recall Booth, Butcher and Lovell putting a "would the outcome have been different if Nade's goal had counted?" angle on things. Hibs would still have had to have converted a penalty.

Exactly. I reckon it was a penalty, but if that had been Miko or Ksanivicious the ref would have pulled his nipple off trying to get the yellow card out his pocket.

We were spared by a dodgy decision, but Nade's disallowed goal was equally as bad a decision. I don't recall Booth, Butcher and Lovell putting a "would the outcome have been different if Nade's goal had counted?" angle on things. Hibs would still have had to have converted a penalty.

To be fair, you would expect Riordan to knock in a penalty.

Ref got both of the decisions wrong - was a penalty and Nade's goal should have stood.

Definitely a penalty - dont think Rat Boy did himself any favours by the way he went down though. I think that probably planted enough doubt in the refs mind to give Johnson the benefit of the doubt wheter it was a pen or a dive. The way Booth etc were going on it was the worst decision ever - if Miko had went down like that it would have been 'The defender leaves his foot in but theres no need for the diving from Miko'

it was either a penalty(which it should have been) or a booking for riordan. Ref bottled both decisions. Methinks he either A) didnt want to give hibs a penalty at the away end or B) was scared to book riordan at easter road.

either way he made two shocking decisions.

1) not giving the penalty

2) chopping off nade's "goal", keepers get far too much protection

I am absolutely amazed their are Hearts fans on here who do think it was a penalty????? 100% penalty which we would have been screaming on if it was for us.

It still wouldnt have mattered even 2 nil down we would still have got a draw at the very least. Worst vermin team for years.

Was it? Wasn't it?

All I can say is couldn't care less.

Ratboy was refused a penalty, whether right or wrong, and I found that I laughed my butt of and felt good.

I can't stand the little scrote!

Rudolf's Mate
Stone wall penalty.

Unfortunately Satan tv doesn't give you angles like sky does. Me being a sad so and so replayed it over and over and I'm not even sure there was contact. Granted if you stick out ur leg like that you are asking for trouble however I'm not sure there was any contact!

Stonewall penalty. Anybody saying otherwise must have been at the game and have not seen the replays yet.

Thought it was a stonewaller at the game.Watched highlights and saw nothing to change my mind.Same with Nade disallowed goal.Never saw any contact at the game or on highlights.

MacDonald Jardine
Always go with the 'had it been us' test, and I'd say that if we'd been denied that, there would have been collective apoplexy in the Dunbar Road end. Nade's disallowed goal was an equally bizarre decision.

Had it been us there would have been a booking as well as no penalty.

To be fair, you would expect Riordan to knock in a penalty.

Ref got both of the decisions wrong - was a penalty and Nade's goal should have stood.

To be fair, you might expect Riordan to score, I expect the Hearts goalkeeper to save if Riordan hit the target. Adds another question had a pen been awarded would Riordan have taken it?

Tyrion Lannister
Adds another question had a pen been awarded would Riordan have taken it?

Most definitely.

Having watched it for the first time, I'd be delighted if refs across the world were showed that incident at the start of next season with a directive NOT to give a penalty under these circumstances. If you want to stop diving, you also have to stop giving fouls and/or (especially) penalties under minimal contact when the player has to put on a fall (dive) to in the hope of getting a decision.

Surely we haven't got to the stage of finding it acceptable to be sticking up for a toe-rag like Roirdan because it's the way the game is going.

Similarly, that it is NOT a foul on the keeper either for the Nade incident.

winston churchill
Anyone who didn't think that was a penalty should give up commenting on football...

100% penalty steve

that's what makes it even better;).

mixu is the daddy...........keep hoofing the ball at 01

Anyone who didn't think that was a penalty should give up commenting on football...

Anyone who thinks people should give up commenting on football should look in a mirror....

hmmmm maybe not such a good idea!

The Old Tolbooth

It was a stonewaller for me, I thought Eggert was very clumsy with his challenge and very lucky to get away with it, possibly the ref felt he made a mistake and needed to even things up and did this by disallowing a perfectly good Hearts goal though.

Played for it as Miko does sometimes. I would have screamed for a penalty if it was the other way about, but what has happened to the indirect free kick, he was kicking the ball and moving away from goal (you could argue he had lost control of the ball) so not in a goal scoring position and in that situation i would like to see the indirectfree kicks brought back.

Was I the only one that thought it was a dive?:confused:

No, I thought so too.

The thing is, there was a wee bit of contact, but that didn't mean to say Riorden had to throw himself onto the deck.

I've seen 'em given for that but I wasn't a penalty in my opinion.

Buffalo Bill

FFWD to 02:20 and tell me this is a penalty...

best angle at 02:26.

Cheating diving ratboy sc**bag.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7673949.stm

(sorry, forgot to add the link!!)

Ksnavicius and Miko would have been chastised in the press for doing the same.

Looks even less and less of a pen every time I see it.

Also at the Zaliukas pass back incident later on. Similarly, Riordan decides on going to ground option instead of beating Balough to the ball.

I stand by not a pen, and no infringemnet should ever be awarded in these circumstances.

I will add though, that at the time, ie in real time as it happened, I thought it was a penalty, purely because it was against us by the golden rat...

a strong case for video evidence perhaps?

works a treat in rugby league and only takes about 5 seconds.

Yeah Well Fine Then

It was a penalty.

It was a clear cut penalty.

With the benefit of TV highlights I decided that it was definitely a penalty.

The referee didn't give a penalty.

It was definitely not given as a penalty.

Yeah! Wee Feckin Tramps

I agree, not a theatrical one, more a devious cheating one.

If eggert had fouled him his momentum would surely have taken him over the leg, but instead his feet came up and he fell almost straight down..

If he'd carried on running instead of cheating he would surely have been (rightly) rewarded with the penalty because, as stated, the momentum would have taken him over the leg and it would have looked a far clearer foul.

I completely agree with your analysis of the penalty situation.

Archived