Well Done Aguiar (merged threads)

Hearts of Vladland

Aaah, what a feeling it is to have a good dead ball player back in the team! Undoubtedly the best taker of a free kick/corner at the club, stand aside Driver/Stewart/Kingston, Bruno's back!!

Go on wee Bruno!!!

markletissier

i reckon we need to get kingston back into the middle. when he and aguiar linked up we looked quite threatening.

I've been a massive Bruno fan ever since his outstanding performance in the 4-0 win over Dundee Utd two years ago.

Let's not forget where we got this guy from. A smashing player, and to echo another poster, it's great to see a guy from 05/06 doing the business for Hearts today.

Let's get him tied up on a long term deal because he looked a ?3M player today.

Buffalo Bill

I thought he ran the show today., got into great positions, showed great ball control and passing ability and of course scored :)

Really hard to believe he has been out for 18 months

Great to see him back today and what a way to come back too by scoring against the cabbage!!!

Hope he stays clear of injury and gets a good run in the team form permitting, but welcome back in the side!!!

Before the game, probably on here, I raised some questions about whether or not this sort of game was the best to bring back someone who had not played any football for such a long time.

In hindsight it was a pile of excrement (that is s h i t to those Hibs fans reading the board, and unfamiliar with the use of our Mother tongue).

Aguiar was immense today, as was Driver, Stewart and Karipidis. Special mention must also go to Eggert Jonsson, who kept Riordan out of the game.

If we could find a regular out and out fecking goalscorer the weekends would get oh so much more enjoyable, all we were missing today was someone to stick the ball in the back of the net.

I went to the game stating that I would be happy with a draw, I left the game slightly disappointed that we only got a draw.

my thoughts too, jonsson played well done his job. Driver was more than welcome back into the fold and although not completely match fit bruno was MOM,Stewart showed real passion, I dearly hope we can keep everyone fit and hungry over the next few weeks.

and may i add,

FTH!

this_is_my_story

Bruno was a cut above today. Showed so much composure, and barely gave the ball away all day. The fact that Lazlo was prepared to stick him in at the deep end in a game like today's, after such a long spell out, should hopefully mean that he'll be a regular feature in the starting line up.

A right good player.

I've always been a fan on Bruno's but before his injury I was never sure where he fitted in with a traditional 4-4-2.

Today, he was immense. Absolutely immense. To me his role is obvious.

Bruno has the ability to take an extra touch in midfield, beat a man and retain possesion - allowing Driver, Kingston (who looked better today IMHO)and sometimes Stewart to push forward and support the lone stiker - before making a clever pass. We have missed a player with the ability to do this really badly.

Not to mention Bruno's dead ball ability. Pick it out Makalamity.

Bruno will be huge for us this season if this is the formation Csaba is going to persist with. I'm all for it.

Delighted for him and delighted for us.

It's rather ridiculous that a player that has been unavailable for approx 18mths wins MOTM in a derby match.

However, it happened today and deservedly so. What I have to ask, unfortunately, is what the hell were all the other players doing? This includes the 'Messiah', and 'Real' Fletcher.

Well done Bruno. I have to admit I never really 'counted' you as a Heart of Midlothian player but today you were a colossus(ott!). No doubt next week, if you play, and we don't win you'll be as gash as the next man.

Let's just give him time though -- perhaps got through first game on adrenelin -- will no doubt have dip in form also as always seems to be the case after a long term injury -- let's just be cautious.

Nice to see him back though and we had a fluidity not seen for a while -- thats what excited me -- the style of play looked promising at last.

One swallow does not a summer make though so lets hang fire and not go overboard.

As for Jonsson he did ok but any danger from Hibs came from Riordan -- without him we would have won that game as any danger came from him and of course Kello ;)

Best game I've seen from Karapidis in midfield and Driver and Nade showed up well also.

Can we please now have a spell of no injuries or suspensions to build momentum starting with those sheep from the north next week.

Totally agree with pretty much everything that has already been said. Bruno was head and shoulders above everyone else on the park today and the best thing (apart from the goal!) was that he seemed equally delighted to be back. When he approached the fans at the final whistle and chucked his shirt into the crowd, he looked like a genuinely happy man. I like that.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the table when fully match fit again. He's a definite contender for this 'hero' vacancy we have at the moment....

Bem-vindo, Bruno. :)

Johanes de Silentio

Aye, Bruno was brilliant today, apart from that chance he missed near the end - I was impressed by how annoyed he was with himself at this.

Great to have you back, Bruno - pure class!

What a player.

What. A. Player.

Good to have you back Bruno - you have been sorely missed.

this_is_my_story
I've been a massive Bruno fan ever since his outstanding performance in the 4-0 win over Dundee Utd two years ago.

Let's not forget where we got this guy from. A smashing player, and to echo another poster, it's great to see a guy from 05/06 doing the business for Hearts today.

Let's get him tied up on a long term deal because he looked a ?3M player today.

Buffalo Bill

Wasn't it Sporting Lisbon, or Benfica maybe?

Oh, and you forgot to put the zero after the three in your valuation of his talents. :P

I have been critical of him on here.

But he had a really good game yesterday. Don't think that back to goal is the best position for him, but he played well.

Perhaps my view of him was clouded by him being the worst player in a top class team in 2005-6. Now that the quality of the team is so much lower he can perhaps stand out in another way. A midfield 3 of Jonsson-Stewart-Aguiar could do the business for us.

Archived