What Are Your Blue Peter Memories

Deek

50 years old, what are your best memories.

Mine are John Noakes forever shouting "get down Shep"

Janet Ellis getting the bums rush for being pregnant and not married.

But best of all was Lulu the baby elephant. Never work with children and animals they say.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Cj2TtFd_E

The garden being trashed was a big event in Blue Peter history.Was there not a rumour that a famous footballer was allegedly involved in the trashing?

The garden being trashed was a big event in Blue Peter history.Was there not a rumour that a famous footballer was allegedly involved in the trashing?

IIRC it was Les Ferdinand that was (wrongly) linked to this act of wanton vandalism.

John Noakes on top of Nelson's Column (oo-er missus) and I think he also tried out for Halifax Rugby League side (for the show, not for real). John Noakes - genius!

having to suffer having the hobos rammed down out throats by the as yet unmasked deviant and all round wrong 'un, one john leslie (aka stott).

2 elephant shats have graced that floor.

I P Knightley

Cade, you make your point eloquently.

IIRC it was Les Ferdinand that was (wrongly) linked to this act of wanton vandalism.

John Noakes on top of Nelson's Column (oo-er missus) and I think he also tried out for Halifax Rugby League side (for the show, not for real). John Noakes - genius!

Sir Les admitted to being an accomplice. He 'fessed up to giving others a hoisty over the wall. And I think we all know exactly what that means.

My favourite - and it may be on youtube - was when there had been a piece about big brass door ornaments that had been refurbished for a church or something. At the end of the piece they handed over to Simon Groom who kept a straight face (and probably pocketed a cool ?50 from the bet) while saying, "And what a lovely pair of knockers they are, too."

Rrrrrrrrrrrr'speck!

edit: it's there! http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lSO3-jKoRBQ

Don't want to sound like Keith Lard, but what was the thinking behind wrapping coat hangers with tinsel, adding lit candles, and suspending it from your ceiling as an advent decoration? If you had difficulties, you were advised to get an adult, presumably an arsonist, to help. Burn baby burn.:wacko:

Les Ferdinand gave the main perpetrators a boost over the wall.

He is quoted as saying "one of them may or may not be Denis Wise but I aint saying"

Archived