Oh The Hibees Are Gay!

Scott_HMFC1874

even though this song as been done to the death at hearts games....

i just cant help myself smiling whenever i hear it :rolleyes:

but, yeah, whovever came up with that at the semi, is an absolute legend.

Gimme an H...
does the legend who started this rendition of seven nation army use kickback :P ?

Aye it was me...

Whoever it is, Roman is carrying on the tradition! Still makes me smile...

I've posted this video loads already this week, but here goes again.

Whoever it is, Roman is carrying on the tradition! Still makes me smile...

I've posted this video loads already this week, but here goes again.

I have never seen "Roman" performing so well - My sides are aching.

I like to get the White Stripes blasting just before heading to see us paly Leith Athletic but this might just be the ticket for Sunday.

I don't know how any Hearts fan cannot love that song - it will always be remembered as the "tune" for the biggest derby in all our lives (the Demolition Derby at Hampden where the Hibs players and fans failed to turn up).

Arnold Rothstein
I have never seen "Roman" performing so well - My sides are aching.

I like to get the White Stripes blasting just before heading to see us paly Leith Athletic but this might just be the ticket for Sunday.

I don't know how any Hearts fan cannot love that song - it will always be remembered as the "tune" for the biggest derby in all our lives (the Demolition Derby at Hampden where the Hibs players and fans failed to turn up).

I know what you're saying but does calling someone gay as an insult not seem a bit juvenile?

I don't sing it anymore but do still find it really funny as one of the most original and authentic pieces of football humour ever...

If it comes on the radio (As of course the White Stripes Seven nation Army...) I still sing it as the Hampden version and it really annoys my family!!

Sod it though, they're all tims and don't give a toss for football anyway!!

Does anyone have a video clip, TV footage or otherwise, of the moment the song first 'took'?

I know what you're saying but does calling someone gay as an insult not seem a bit juvenile?

It's childish as hell.

But, let's be honest - it noises you hibbys up.

;)

does the legend who started this rendition of seven nation army use kickback :P ?

Unsure who started the 7NA one but it should be remembered that Hearts fans were singing Oh the Hibees are gay for many years before this tune took over.

I have a feeling that many at Hampden just latched onto the tune as the words fitted like a glove to the original lyrics.

Guest juvehearts

Dont you think by saying that you are a bit juvenile.

its a well known fact that hibernaian FC have a large gay following & enjoy nothing more than to be huddled together when they see their flairmeisters play at the san giro

About 10 different people claim credit for it.

I'm not sure any individual did make it up.

Was it not a case of lots of folk singing 'Oh the Hibees are Gay', to the tune of The Bluebells are Blue, when Seven Nation Army came on the p.a. and the words just fitted the tune perfectly. Within about ten seconds tens of thousands of Jambos singing it in unison.

A bit old hat now, but one of the best singalongs ever at the time, the Hobos were completely humiliated even before Kickoff.. :107years:

boy_in_maroon

we were at hampden for the semi final singing the older tune to

"OH THE HIBEES ARE GAY" one of the loud speakers were above our heads, playing the tune, to wit my son "pumaking" put words to the bass on the seven nation army, it was only seconds before it was all round the ground :):o

Archived