All time posh XI

jambovambo

Correctamundo, you might know my mate if yer 28/29 ish.

nah- 16 mate. might know him though?? but probably not

My all time least favoiurite Hearts player was neil Murray , who was also a teacher. Teahcer = at least fairly posh in those days (1969 /1970). Donald Ford was also pretty posh.

I would nominate Giles Rousset as well.

I don't know about posh, but Donald Ford was senior partner with Ford & Bannerman, Chartered Accountants, in Linlithgow before selling up to do his photography thing. They went on to become Alexander and Partners and are now the A9 Partnership, with offices throughout Scotland.

I don't know about posh, but Donald Ford was senior partner with Ford & Bannerman, Chartered Accountants, in Linlithgow before selling up to do his photography thing. They went on to become Alexander and Partners and are now the A9 Partnership, with offices throughout Scotland.

Donald Ford's dad was the local vet in Linlithgow.

To be really posh you need a double barrelled name what about Ian Storey-Moore of Nottm Forest (in the 1970s) or Fortune-West who played for Oxford possibly in the 80s or 90s.

yeah I guess the original premise of the thread has been lost - I was thinking players with private schooling, old money behind them, etc not just success outside of football.

Archived