PS3 - wireless router help

dodger_84

Just got one of these mean machines but I realise I need a wireless router to get into the network gaming.

I have broadband, but I know I have to much about with some technical stuff

Can anyone who has set this up give me some help?

Cheers

You don't need a wireless router. You can plug the network cable straight into the ps3

provided he still knows his log on name and password

the only issue there is that my Pc is on the other side of room, don't fancy stretching a cable all the way across!

get a wireless router from pc world for about ?30, i told the bloke in the shop i needed to get a ps3 online via virgin broadband and he showed me the range. I chose the cheapest one and it hasn't let me down yet. My PC is in a different room and the router works fine.

I'm no techy and had it set up myself within 15 mins.

Its easy enough to do mate.

As the poster above says, go to PC World, Comet, Game, etc and let them know what you want and they'll sort you out. I done it with my XBox within 15 minutes and i'm nae good with that sort of thing.

Just remember Wireless router kids to enable wireless security...stop those pesky neighbours surfing your internet connection and possibly worse.

Yes its all very simple for a non techy to get Wireless up and running - but are you secure? :)

You could always ask your broadband provider if they do a wireless router, I got mine for nothing simply called them up, and they sent one out to me in the post, already security enabled.

You could always ask your broadband provider if they do a wireless router, I got mine for nothing simply called them up, and they sent one out to me in the post, already security enabled.

Was it Virgin Media by any chance?

Also is it possible to connect my laptop with an Ethernet cable and my PS3 wirelessly with one router?

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Also is it possible to connect my laptop with an Ethernet cable and my PS3 wirelessly with one router?

I also received my Wireless Router from Virgin Media for free. We currently use their large package (phone, tv and broadband) and were entitled to a free router. They sent it and we had it within 2 days. It was simple to set up.

I have my PC connected with an ethernet cable and my laptop, PS3 and 360 all wireless via the router

Just remember Wireless router kids to enable wireless security...stop those pesky neighbours surfing your internet connection and possibly worse.

Yes its all very simple for a non techy to get Wireless up and running - but are you secure? :)

it was fairly straight forward and given the number of password and security key things required it seems secure. My mate could not get online with his laptop even though i provided him with my password.

I usually unplug the network cable from the wireless router when not PS3 ing, just to be sure.

Cheers for the info guys.

I'm on Wannadoo broadband which comes under Orange to the best of my knowledge. I'll get myself down to comet and get myself online!

Archived