Norway V Holland

bigman

Is a draw really a bad result? Surely the way results are going in other groups we would be as well keeping in touch with the Dutch as second place probably won't be good enough. A draw means points dropped by both teams.

Also Lithuania are 1 up v the Faroes with 5 mins to go. Danilevicius scored.

That is them top of the league with 9 points.

Any Jambo's playing today?

Also Lithuania are 1 up v the Faroes with 5 mins to go. Danilevicius scored.

miko and ksanavicius started

velicka pilibiatits janny and ivaskevicius in the team to.

Oh well, second place it is then (hopefully!)

If this stays as it is and Iceland beat Macedonia then there isnt that much damage done for second. The problem will be finishing a good enough second to qualify for the play offs

Just shows what a mingin result that was in Macedonia.

Agreed, though I wouldn't underestimate the conditions that day. Nobody else will have to play them in that heat. No excuse though.

Good result for the Netherlands and, perhaps, for Scotland. The Oranje haven't hit the heights of the Euros, but with van Bommel back in the middle, the defence has more protection and they look less likely to concede. It's hard to see where Norway's goals will come from in this group, as they look one-dimensional and overly reliant on Carew.

Looking good tonight so far for Scotland

Not overly worried about Iceland winning as we should beat them at Hampden and its good that Macedonia got beat.(We should beat them at Hampden also)

Also a good thing that The Dutch get first place wrapped up before we play them and thats almost done already.

Might still need a point in Norway to get a second place thats good enough for the play offs but overall the results have gone well tonight

chester copperpot
Looking good tonight so far for Scotland

Not overly worried about Iceland winning as we should beat them at Hampden and its good that Macedonia got beat.(We should beat them at Hampden also)

Also a good thing that The Dutch get first place wrapped up before we play them and thats almost done already.

Might still need a point in Norway to get a second place thats good enough for the play offs but overall the results have gone well tonight

Hold the phone's here, I totally agree with you with that statement.

Time's are a changing. :)

Hold the phone's here, I totally agree with you with that statement.

Time's are a changing. :)

Thanks, because of course your agreement is important to me.

Made my day really.

Captain Canada

Great results for Scotland tonight. We have a fantastic chance of second place and making the finals now - can't understand why people were saying it was all over after Saturday. I hope we qualify and Burley puts the boot right into the journos

2nd place doesn't gurantee a play off place. Only the 8 best 2nd place teams play off leaving 1 to miss out.

And THAT isnt looking too great for us at the moment if you glance through the tables.

Carl Weathers
And THAT isnt looking too great for us at the moment if you glance through the tables.

I'm sure the fact we will play one less game is factored in.

Might help if we manage second place.

Rudi Hates Hibees
I'm sure the fact we will play one less game is factored in.

Might help if we manage second place.

The results of all the other runners up don't count against the bottom seeds in there group. So it doesn't hep us in anyway that we have one less team than others.

Carl Weathers
The results of all the other runners up don't count against the bottom seeds in there group. So it doesn't hep us in anyway that we have one less team than others.

Okay, so it means we are not being penalised for having fewer games - I should have made that clearer.

At this stage we can't really be compared to the other groups, as they could have all taken points off the whipping boys, which won't count when it comes to deciding the top 8 playoff places. Is that right?

Rudi Hates Hibees
Okay, so it means we are not being penalised for having fewer games - I should have made that clearer.

At this stage we can't really be compared to the other groups, as they could have all taken points off the whipping boys, which won't count when it comes to deciding the top 8 playoff places. Is that right?

Yeah thats the one. But I'm not sure if its the team that finishes last or the lowest FIFA seeds that don't count. If you know what i mean?

It's the teams that finish last in their respective groups, the other teams have the points they won against them disregarded to even it up as we only have a group of 5.

Archived