FAO E** M********

K1874M

I'll be surprised if he breaks your ever so subtle code in the thread title...:rolleyes:

The Marksman, jeez, I hope you're not corrupting my mate! ;)

I'll be surprised if he breaks your ever so subtle code in the thread title...:rolleyes:

haha... not allowed to name folks innit!

Seriously, when you walk past, its looking watching a hi def of old boys drinking.

Era Macaroons
Marksmans looking shecht hot! ;)

Still no name above the door tho. Going to nip in for a pint today to test run it.

:rock2:You rang M'lud.

Yes it looking very impressive and may even lure in ...'a passer by'... now that its been given the once over.

Strange think is that it might lose some of its regulars for being too 'nice n new'.......being a sheethole was part of its attraction to some.

Come and get me if your popping in, Ill join you for 1 (5.30 would be ideal!) :mj_zivili:

P.S. its defo keeping the same name.

Era Macaroons

Crikey ....cannae even beat you to a thread thats directly aimed at me!!

I knew that enigma machine would come in handy.

see if you can break this Boris ....C****R BO*E

Clue....what happens when large middle aged fat bloke lands on top of skinny wee teenager at 5's after shocking tackle

Era Macaroons
In the first of a regular feature, we challenge our Dave to go undercover and soak up the ambiance of the worst pubs in Edinburgh. Tune in before he gets killed. This week: The Marksman........... :)

http://squareonenews.blogspot.com/2008/03/challenge-dave-marksman.html

haha, was funny reading that......its very true, but alas, 'tis gone forever in the name of 'progress'.

For the short period I lived in Leith earlier in the year, I never managed to have a pint in the Marksman.

Managed to have one in Tam O Shanter's though :)

Right, the Marksman...

Its basic, very basic pub. You can tell theirs a few boys who drink there that think the taste gets in the way of a good drink but you cant judge them on that.

The drink, hard to judge after drinking a tasteless lager made colder to hide the taste - Ice cold tennents, it was fizzy and cold so good with me.

Down side of the visit, george best on the wall and lack of atmosphere, nay body getting excited watching the horses or generally making noise.

Highlight of the visit would be hard to say, either the boy walking in trying to sell a Gillette Electric Razor (think thats what he said) and the barman explaining you couldny "sell stuff in here any mare", or, Era M commenting on the gargoyle type old boy standing out side and the old chap saying awright to him, both adding slight value to the establishment.

All in all, a pretty shight watering hole, but does the job if you need a pint and arent too fussy where you get it.

I reckon to get the true feel you'd need an early morning visit 7am / 9am.

portobellojambo1
Right, the Marksman...

Its basic, very basic pub. You can tell theirs a few boys who drink there that think the taste gets in the way of a good drink but you cant judge them on that.

The drink, hard to judge after drinking a tasteless lager made colder to hide the taste - Ice cold tennents, it was fizzy and cold so good with me.

Down side of the visit, george best on the wall and lack of atmosphere, nay body getting excited watching the horses or generally making noise.

Highlight of the visit would be hard to say, either the boy walking in trying to sell a Gillette Electric Razor (think thats what he said) and the barman explaining you couldny "sell stuff in here any mare", or, Era M commenting on the gargoyle type old boy standing out side and the old chap saying awright to him, both adding slight value to the establishment.

All in all, a pretty shight watering hole, but does the job if you need a pint and arent too fussy where you get it.

What the hell are you doing drinking in Duke Street, Leith.

Miller Jambo 60
Right, the Marksman...

Are we scooping there on Sunday PRICES

Work 2 mins from it and if its popular at 8am its worth checking out what the excitments all about. Trust me I wont be making a habbit of it.

Doug; Prices, thats one bit I cant remember, but I wouldnt drink there on Sunday.

Crikey ....cannae even beat you to a thread thats directly aimed at me!!

I knew that enigma machine would come in handy.

see if you can break this Boris ....C****R BO*E

Clue....what happens when large middle aged fat bloke lands on top of skinny wee teenager at 5's after shocking tackle

Fat? You must have me confused with someone else mate...:whistling:

Era Macaroons
Right, the Marksman...

Massive improvement....nothing remains from the old Marksman, new tables,chairs,bar,toilets,facade...everthing.

probably best described as a 'snug' ...no such think as a private conversation in there.

Most folk were away home by 5.30...really is a morning/daytime place.

Ice cold tennents was good...2.30 a pint....barman and punters had a good chuckle at the blog posted earlier on this thread ...as I printed it off and handed it in!

sure enough in the 1/2 hour we were there ....a gleswegian entrepreneur managed to pop in and offer us gillette razor blades......might be a few years before K1874M needs such an item tho;). I declined this amazing offer, theres just something not quite right about weegies in pubs wi razor blades.

The smoking bouncers had all gone apart from aforementioned gargoyle, who ive met before and is a decent bloke.

Not really a place I'd use but like everywhere, if your in good company itll be enjoyable enough.

Era Macaroons

jus cos the pub had been refurbished and KM is a big spender down these parts, its good to keep in wi him;)

Massive improvement....nothing remains from the old Marksman, new tables,chairs,bar,toilets,facade...everthing.

probably best described as a 'snug' ...no such think as a private conversation in there.

Most folk were away home by 5.30...really is a morning/daytime place.

Ice cold tennents was good...2.30 a pint....barman and punters had a good chuckle at the blog posted earlier on this thread ...as I printed it off and handed it in!

sure enough in the 1/2 hour we were there ....a gleswegian entrepreneur managed to pop in and offer us gillette razor blades......might be a few years before K1874M needs such an item tho;). I declined this amazing offer, theres just something not quite right about weegies in pubs wi razor blades.

The smoking bouncers had all gone apart from aforementioned gargoyle, who ive met before and is a decent bloke.

Not really a place I'd use but like everywhere, if your in good company itll be enjoyable enough.

Ah the gargoyle, never knew you'd spoken to him before, just thought he was saying hi randomly.

I thought you were with Kenny?

Era Macaroons
Fat? You must have me confused with someone else mate...:whistling:

Yes, Ive spoken to the poor lad with the broken collar bone and he agrees you are not fat......he described you as something else altogether!!

and for record....he knows it was an accident, best described as 'clumsy'.;)

I thought you were with Kenny?

Think it was the birds that swarm round me that were the good company. ;)

PS Boris, aslong as you won the ball theres nothing wrong with breaking a childs collar bone.

Era Macaroons
Think it was the birds that swarm round me that were the good company. ;)

PS Boris, aslong as you won the ball theres nothing wrong with breaking a childs collar bone.

the lad also wants to know which WWF player you base your moves on?.

thesplash_thumb.jpg

Archived