Bank Hotel On Sunday

Inglis3901

WTF are you gibbering about?

No colours, no proof I'm going to the game and they'd section 60 me? Aye thats right, section 60 for sitting having breakfast and a few beers in the centre of town.

Oh and I'm not saying I'm even going there but to think you could recieve a section 60 for sitting in a city centre bar with no colours on having a beer is nonsense... in a large group maybe but not two or three folks.

The madness will start in the next pub... not the bank hotel.

I'm not gibbering about anything. I've been on the receiving end. As have a few others further up the thread by the looks of things.

Enjoy the Bank. I'll be off elsewhere pre-match this time around.

I was with a group on lads walking down the street where middletons is and the police stopped us and lined us up on the side of the street. The policemen started asking questions one at a time about what team we supported. It went like this. Hearts, Hearts, Hearts, Hibs, Hearts, Hibs, Hearts, Hearts, Hearts, Hibs, Hibs, Hibs, Hearts. All the boys drink it the same boozer over here and we headed over together, walked down to the boozers together from the train station, The jambos were heading into Middletons and the hibees were heading down to their boozers further down the road. The Policemen looked extremely embarrassed!

Miller Jambo 60
You've obviously never been Section 60'd before.

The Polis need no rythme nor reason believe me. And especially not on Derby day.

What is a sec 60 sounds a bit pie in the sky

Off topic, but what powers do the police actually have under section60?

I got issued a Sec 60 from the incident I've mentioned early, I cant remember that much about it tbh. I was raging at the time and looked into it as I wasnt happy with the treatment we received but I'm sure they can pretty much do what they want under the Sec 60, could be wrong though, think it's deliberatley vague.

Miller Jambo 60
No mate, it's the school holidays and I'm off to Blackpool on Monday for 5 days so I want to keep myself straight for the drive down. I'll limit myself to 6 pints watching it in the Roseburn Bar:)

Blackpool for 5 days take plenty cash.:eek:

The S60 order is a new police tactic at major demonstrations used effectively to control, subdue and gain personal information about protesters despite having the extraordinarily limited power simply to "Stop and search in anticipation of violence".

Its effectiveness in the past was due to the fact that no-one knew just exactly what powers the police had under S60. As it turns out, they have very few powers.

In the event of an S60 order being issued on Mayday 2001, these are the important things to remember: The police have the power to search you for weapons (and dangerous instruments). They have no other powers under S60. They can only detain you "for as long as necessary to carry out a search".

They have no legal power to force you to give them your name and address. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES give it to them: it will be kept on file for SEVEN years. When asked, say "NO COMMENT".

They have no legal power to force you to have your photograph taken. Do not allow them to do this. This too will be kept on file for SEVEN years. Keep your head turned away, or put your hand in front of your face.

They have no legal power to ask you to remove any item of clothing in public view, OTHER THAN that which is concealing your identity. Any facial masking can be confiscated.

If you are asked to remove coats/jumpers etc, REFUSE OUTRIGHT. They have no legal power to search wallets, purses, inside small pockets etc. This is an S60 search, for weapons only. If they ask to search wallets, purses, inside small pockets etc, REFUSE OUTRIGHT.

I just got that from a Legal advice website for anyone interested

Seems like a section 60 is nothing at all. I'll just keep saying No comment if any policeman approaches me. :)

What is a sec 60 sounds a bit pie in the sky

I got section 60 the last derby as Easter Road. They take a photo and ask your name and address and do a persons check. Nothing exciting.

I'm not gibbering about anything. I've been on the receiving end. As have a few others further up the thread by the looks of things.

Enjoy the Bank. I'll be off elsewhere pre-match this time around.

I understand what your saying mate. What I'm tryign to explain is that I'm reasonably sure folks will be ok if they are keeping it chilled in the bank hotel before moving on to middletons @ 12.

As long as you dont look like your going to the football you'll be fine.

re; sec 60, if I was approached by the police and demanded to under go(is the the term) a section 60 I suppose I'd have to take it.

Possibly see you in middletons or the Artisan ;)

PS Any one used any of the themed rooms in the Bank Hotel? Quite fancied them for an evening of filth (on my own with loads of razzles)

loveofthegame
The S60 order is a new police tactic at major demonstrations used effectively to control, subdue and gain personal information about protesters despite having the extraordinarily limited power simply to "Stop and search in anticipation of violence".

Its effectiveness in the past was due to the fact that no-one knew just exactly what powers the police had under S60. As it turns out, they have very few powers.

In the event of an S60 order being issued on Mayday 2001, these are the important things to remember: The police have the power to search you for weapons (and dangerous instruments). They have no other powers under S60. They can only detain you "for as long as necessary to carry out a search".

They have no legal power to force you to give them your name and address. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES give it to them: it will be kept on file for SEVEN years. When asked, say "NO COMMENT".

They have no legal power to force you to have your photograph taken. Do not allow them to do this. This too will be kept on file for SEVEN years. Keep your head turned away, or put your hand in front of your face.

They have no legal power to ask you to remove any item of clothing in public view, OTHER THAN that which is concealing your identity. Any facial masking can be confiscated.

If you are asked to remove coats/jumpers etc, REFUSE OUTRIGHT. They have no legal power to search wallets, purses, inside small pockets etc. This is an S60 search, for weapons only. If they ask to search wallets, purses, inside small pockets etc, REFUSE OUTRIGHT.

I just got that from a Legal advice website for anyone interested

Is this legit!? Don't wanna end up spending the day in the cells if i act like this and it turns out that they can arrest me for it!

Is this legit!? Don't wanna end up spending the day in the cells if i act like this and it turns out that they can arrest me for it!

I copied and pasted that from a website that gives legal advice to protestors etc.

http://www.urban75.org/mayday01/s60.html

I also looked at another site which was basically saying the same but not in as much detail

Here again m8 basically saying the exact same

http://libcom.org/organise/section-60-advice-guide

That second link i posted seems to be a bit more reliable so i would go on the information in that one. Most of the things are the same though except the part where they can make you remove Jumpers and jackets only

Miller Jambo 60
That second link i posted seems to be a bit more reliable so i would go on the information in that one. Most of the things are the same though except the part where they can make you remove Jumpers and jackets only

Thats it taking my Lawyer to the game.

Cant afford anther BOP.

Thats it taking my Lawyer to the game.

Cant afford anther BOP.

"They must tell you their name, number, station they're based at the reason for the search. Ask them for this. Not only will annoy them, off but if they don't provide this information the search will be illegal. Remember: in an S60 situation, you are accused of nothing and you have done nothing wrong. Do not answer any questions, however insignificant or polite. Say "no comment" to everything."

I liked this little extract, imagine them having 50 Jambos or more all lined up outside and everyone of them asking the polis for their name and station etc, and everyone of them saying "no comment" to everything they ask :107years::107years:

stevieC@pivot

Remember they will still have their "lying" get out clause!!

"Breach of the peace"; if you start any of that "no comment" stuff with them,i would just go along with it.

A person who is searched by a constable under this section shall be entitled to obtain a written statement that he was searched under the powers conferred by this section if he applies for such a statement not later than the end of the period of twelve months from the day on which he was searched.Its when they start handing out section 5's you start to worry.

WTF are you gibbering about?

No colours, no proof I'm going to the game and they'd section 60 me? Aye thats right, section 60 for sitting having breakfast and a few beers in the centre of town.

Oh and I'm not saying I'm even going there but to think you could recieve a section 60 for sitting in a city centre bar with no colours on having a beer is nonsense... in a large group maybe but not two or three folks.

The madness will start in the next pub... not the bank hotel.

We got section 60's last season for making the error of standing outside middletons before opening time. We hadn'tdone anything wrong but got it because we were apparently in a place that they were expecting trouble :eek:

john brownlee
You've obviously never been Section 60'd before.

The Polis need no rythme nor reason believe me. And especially not on Derby day.

It should be called section 69 anyway up and they get you

portobellojambo1
Instead of informing the KB masses where you can get "an early beer" on Sunday why not just keep it to yourself thus reducing the chances of it being 3 deep at the bar.

Just a thought likes.

You think like me. If I knew a place that was open at 09:00 Sunday morning I would look on it as somewhere I could get pleasantly melted before the masses started congregating around lunchtime, and keep that information as quiet as possible. Not broadcast it to all and sundry, as it could mean I would have to cut back on my potential alcohol consumption.

Its probably on this thread but what time does Middletons open on sunday? Is it 12.30? I presume to get it you must be at the doors for that time? I normally stay city centre then fire down before kick off.

We got section 60's last season for making the error of standing outside middletons before opening time. We hadn'tdone anything wrong but got it because we were apparently in a place that they were expecting trouble :eek:

Under pig rules, thats understandable.... as its where football fans were congragating.

PJ1; I've found of another place open early so I wont be heading to the bank ;)

Governor Tarkin
Belushi's on Market Street opens from 10am

Guaranteed section 60 in here too :mad:

Archived