Bank Hotel On Sunday

Inglis3901

Big Group of us going and know quite a few others going here too. Will be able to drink before 12.30 too which is a plus!

Anyone else going here?

Colonel Kurtz
Big Group of us going and know quite a few others going here too. Will be able to drink before 12.30 too which is a plus!

Anyone else going here?

Mind and do yer hair for the video,it will be polis central

Anyone else going here?

have drunk there on a few occassions on a sunday morning. should be fine

I usually start there, but not sure this weekend. Keep colours hidden, breakfast and a beer early doors is a perfect start. Taxi down to middletons @ 12pm, should get you in to middletons ok, any later and your best just heading to the Artisan for quick pre match beer.

Miller Jambo 60

Anyone else going here?

Where is it.

Could be a good move.

Anyone else going here?

Around 8 of us going too. Bring it on....

Me and a few mates were planning on some Royal Mile action. Might head to the Bank if there is going to be a fair few jambos there too.

It would be good to know what times they open...

chester copperpot
at the cross road of north bridge and the high street.

Need to explain 80's style to Doug.

Near where the old 'What Every Woman Wants' store used to be. :)

Job done.

Miller Jambo 60
Need to explain 80's style to Doug.

Near where the old 'What Every Woman Wants' store used to be. :)

Job done.

Aye shopped there a few times .

For the wife.

Whats with the 80s .

Hows the wee goalie andy.

chester copperpot
Aye shopped there a few times .

For the wife.

Whats with the 80s .

Hows the wee goalie andy.

Wee goalie's played a shocker last few games mate, in trouble of getting dropped.

Thinks he's Billy Big time now.

Cheers A.

Gershwin; pretty sure its 9am... but to be safe half 9.

On a side note I once booked a lap dancer to come and visit us in there at half 10 on a Sunday morning, only me and one other knew about it which caused many a chuckle amongst our worse for wear mates. The bar man was brand new about it, asked us to go through the back for the dance.

Say What Again

That place has been a meeting place used on occasion by Hibs boys before games.

I'm not scaremongering, just saying maybe be careful.

Miller Jambo 60
Wee goalie's played a shocker last few games mate, in trouble of getting dropped.

Thinks he's Billy Big time now.

Must be the training bud.:eek:

Hmmmm how long ago was that? Been twice before Hubz games and was fine.... wouldnt wear colours but if your wanting a pint before Middletons opens its perfect.

chester copperpot

Been a few times before derby's and its normally full of Jambo's TBH.

Not going there anyhoo this sunday so not fussed either way :)

Miller Jambo 60

And we are scared

Miller Jambo 60
Cheers A.

On a side note I once booked a lap dancer to come and visit us in there at half 10 on a Sunday morning, only me and one other knew about it which caused many a chuckle amongst our worse for wear mates. The bar man was brand new about it, asked us to go through the back for the dance.

Did she show her bits ace:)

Say What Again
Hmmmm how long ago was that? Been twice before Hubz games and was fine....

Pretty recently Kenny, certainly within the last few seasons.

My folks stay just down the road and I've recognised a few faces gathering outside there on a couple of occasions.

Pretty sure it wasn't a Hearts game though.

As I said, I'm not claiming to be 'in the know' or anything like that. Just saying what I saw.

Cheers A.

Cheers my man.

Instead of informing the KB masses where you can get "an early beer" on Sunday why not just keep it to yourself thus reducing the chances of it being 3 deep at the bar.

Just a thought likes.

Instead of informing the KB masses where you can get "an early beer" on Sunday why not just keep it to yourself thus reducing the chances of it being 3 deep at the bar.

Just a thought likes.

It's because everyone's desperate to know about his social life. I for one will sleep tonight.

Just a thought likes.

AD; they do table service if your eating ;)

JoH; You in the know??

Funny, the second i looked at the OP`s post count i got suspicious. Using the badge as an avataar is quick and easy and not imaginative either!

never had a problem from the polis in there before and usually all Jambos that gather before heading for middletons or the artisan.

Sometimes my mates and i drink in Gorgie and get a taxi about 1.20pm to head to Fester and still have time to nip in for a swifty in Middletons!

Expect a video camera in your coupon and a section 60 from the plod

WTF are you gibbering about?

No colours, no proof I'm going to the game and they'd section 60 me? Aye thats right, section 60 for sitting having breakfast and a few beers in the centre of town.

Oh and I'm not saying I'm even going there but to think you could recieve a section 60 for sitting in a city centre bar with no colours on having a beer is nonsense... in a large group maybe but not two or three folks.

The madness will start in the next pub... not the bank hotel.

Funny, the second i looked at the OP`s post count i got suspicious. Using the badge as an avatar is quick and easy and not imaginative either!

TBH mate despite hibs having a justified reputation as liberty takers extraordinaire I'd be amazed if they were luring Hearts scarfers to an ambush through Kickback

TBH mate despite hibs having a justified reputation as liberty takers extraordinaire I'd be amazed if they were luring Hearts scarfers to an ambush through Kickback

Your probably right mate but you`ll be surprised at what people think up nowadays.

Don`t mean to have the guy down as guilty but even before i scrolled down the thread it hit me right away.

Hopefully the guy is just a geniune Jam Tart being helpful and social.:)

FTH

Miller Jambo 60
Your probably right mate but you`ll be surprised at what people think up nowadays.

Don`t mean to have the guy down as guilty but even before i scrolled down the thread it hit me right away.

Hopefully the guy is just a geniune Jam Tart being helpful and social.:)

FTH

Need to go through me.

Not a pretty sight.

Bank Hotel has the worst/slowest service i`ve ever had in a bar. Beer is rank and toilets are disgusting.

Wouldn`t set foot in the place`

If anyone happens to know of anywhere else in the area (i.e near the royal mile) that opens early, feel free to send me a PM!

If anyone happens to know of anywhere else in the area (i.e near the royal mile) that opens early, feel free to send me a PM!

Belushi's on Market Street opens from 10am

WTF are you gibbering about?

No colours, no proof I'm going to the game and they'd section 60 me? Aye thats right, section 60 for sitting having breakfast and a few beers in the centre of town.

Oh and I'm not saying I'm even going there but to think you could recieve a section 60 for sitting in a city centre bar with no colours on having a beer is nonsense... in a large group maybe but not two or three folks.

The madness will start in the next pub... not the bank hotel.

You've obviously never been Section 60'd before.

The Polis need no rythme nor reason believe me. And especially not on Derby day.

Expect a video camera in your coupon and a section 60 from the plod

Exactly what happened to me and my mates before a derby a few years ago at the Bank Hotel, it was a game just after the turn of the year, We were all sitting happily eating breakfast with a pint, next thing we were all lined up outside getting video'd, Police dogs sniffin yer baws and getting the spanish inquisition.

Weren't allowed back into Bank Hotel after, despite the breakfasts all being bought and paid for and having done *** all wrong.

You've obviously never been Section 60'd before.

The Polis need no rythme nor reason believe me. And especially not on Derby day.

Nope, seen it done enough but I;m pretty sure IF i was going to the bank hotel I would be able to persuade them I wasnt going to the football and wasnt excepting any section 60, especially sitting with family members.

Would love to speak to anyone thats had one that wasnt going to the football and not even in a close vicinity of the ground.

Say What Again
Bank Hotel has the worst/slowest service i`ve ever had in a bar. Beer is rank and toilets are disgusting.

You've never been in the Filling Station across the road then.

Nucky Thompson

The Murrayfield hotel is open at 9am for alcohol on Sundays and the bus stop is right outside to get a #26 straight down to Fester. Much quieter option IMO:)

Guest jambomickey
The Murrayfield hotel is open at 9am for alcohol on Sundays and the bus stop is right outside to get a #26 straight down to Fester. Much quieter option IMO:)

you going to fester road on sunday boo?

Nucky Thompson
you going to fester road on sunday boo?

No mate, it's the school holidays and I'm off to Blackpool on Monday for 5 days so I want to keep myself straight for the drive down. I'll limit myself to 6 pints watching it in the Roseburn Bar:)

Guest jambomickey
No mate, it's the school holidays and I'm off to Blackpool on Monday for 5 days so I want to keep myself straight for the drive down. I'll limit myself to 6 pints watching it in the Roseburn Bar:)

ah right mate well hopefully a good result and hope you enjoy your time in blackpool! safe journey mate

Nucky Thompson
ah right mate well hopefully a good result and hope you enjoy your time in blackpool! safe journey mate
I'm banking on a Hearts win mate;) Cheers.

chester copperpot

Part Timer :P

Wait till we meet one night in Carricknowe. Ah'll shake yer hand mate. :)

Nucky Thompson
Part Timer :P

Wait till we meet one night in Carricknowe. Ah'll shake yer hand mate. :)

As long as you have a bottle of Vodka in your other hand;)

Guest jambomickey

we will win mate! you know what happens when there going into the game feeling confident, we put them in there place:107years:

Archived