Mormons

Toggie88

I see working for the SNP has really aided your debating skills...........

You make/raise a point about a subject then we (and you) can pontificate about your original point.

I see working for the SNP has really aided your debating skills...........

You make/raise a point about a subject then we (and you) can pontificate about your original point.

Not looking for a political debate. This is purely of a personal nature.

Thoughts on the Church of latter day saints? Does anyone know any mormons? yadayada...

Not looking for a political debate. This is purely of a personal nature.

Thoughts on the Church of latter day saints? Does anyone know any mormons? yadayada...

So what are your views then, give us something to discuss:banghead:

So what are your views then, give us something to discuss:banghead:

I don't know - I was looking to JKB to tell me their thoughts.

I went out with a bird last week who is a mormon (from Mississippi and incredibly hot).

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
I don't know - I was looking to JKB to tell me their thoughts.

I went out with a bird last week who is a mormon (from Mississippi and incredibly hot).

did you pump her?

I've met 3 in my life, one Scottish, two American, all weird.

The American guy was ok, a bit odd but a reasonable guy but still had that hardcore religous, weirdo quality that's hard to put your finger on.

American girl - absolute mentalist. Seriously needed locking up and should never be given sharp objects. Openly admitted finding a wealthy doctor to marry and divorcing him for financial gain.

The Scottish girl was about the most racist, ingnorant person i've ever met in my life. She had horrible views on most things and used her religeon to justify them. She thought that paedophlia would be legal one day as "that was the way society was heading and not so long homosexuality was illegal".

A strange lot in my experiences. A bit more mental and odd than our Scottish christians.

No booze, no pre-marital sex, no tobacco and, I'm assuming, no narcotics.

Yeehah, party time...

While I suppose people are entitled to their beliefs, The Church of the Latter Day Saints kind of highlights to me the irrationality and intellectual bankruptcy that organised religion has.

What I mean is that people will look at Mormons and say they are wrong/are whackos etc etc

But what's the difference between that and a Mormon saying the same about a Catholic, or a Free Presbyterian, Episcopal or dare I say, a Scientologist?

All bonkers in my book.

i used to work beside a mormon, thoroughly nice chap he is too. i believe they are not supposed to imbibe any stimulants, much like amish people, ruling out things like tea and coffee even. the mormon i know would actually have the odd alcoholic scoop from time to time, but i dare say it's not a hanging offence or anything.

The mormons I have met are no different to any other Christian.

Which is to say, like most other people aside from what they do on a Sunday.

What, recover from getting wrecked the night before?

;)

What I mean is that people will look at Mormons and say they are wrong/are whackos etc etc

But what's the difference between that and a Mormon saying the same about a Catholic, or a Free Presbyterian, Episcopal or dare I say, a Scientologist?

All bonkers in my book.

Amen Brother!

If you think there's a big magician up in the sky that controls everything, that cares about your sex life, who will win the derby, the superbowl, or the X Factor, then you're nuts plain and simple, no matter which religion you subscribe to.

All religions require you to believe in the word of one prophet or another.

But for some reason, the more ancient the prophet, the more respectable the religion. I've never understood how that works.

The more recent religions seem to be more nutty (check out the cargo cults http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Frum), but if you clear your mind and critically analyse all of them then they are all essentially the same.

I have actually known a couple.

One of which was a raging alcoholic and constant pill popper, although she used to swear she was still a practicing Mormon. I obviously used to disagree with her as I am an agnostic atheist. As you can imagine, she gave me lots of ammo on why most religions are hypocritical.

Amen Brother!

If you think there's a big magician up in the sky that controls everything, that cares about your sex life, who will win the derby, the superbowl, or the X Factor, then you're nuts plain and simple, no matter which religion you subscribe to.

All religions require you to believe in the word of one prophet or another.

But for some reason, the more ancient the prophet, the more respectable the religion. I've never understood how that works.

The more recent religions seem to be more nutty (check out the cargo cults http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Frum), but if you clear your mind and critically analyse all of them then they are all essentially the same.

They have had longer to instill fear into the "non-believers".

talking of religions...

i actually think hobos would be disappointed if we did go into administration. it's like a religion for them to believe we are... they have found faith.

if we did go into administration, that would prove them right all along... therefore destroying their need to have faith... then they would all have to find something else to be brainwashed by.

Are we talking about those funny looking hippo like white cartoon characters???

never realised i was being brainwashed when i watched it as a kid :eek:

I had a visit one time from 2 Americans.

They had a badge on. One was called Sister Vriens & the other was Sister Barbazon.

No kidding. Barbazon!

Munters as well.

Hope they haven't drank down the magic potion yet.

I've met 3 in my life, one Scottish, two American, all weird.

The American guy was ok, a bit odd but a reasonable guy but still had that hardcore religous, weirdo quality that's hard to put your finger on.

American girl - absolute mentalist. Seriously needed locking up and should never be given sharp objects. Openly admitted finding a wealthy doctor to marry and divorcing him for financial gain.

The Scottish girl was about the most racist, ingnorant person i've ever met in my life. She had horrible views on most things and used her religeon to justify them. She thought that paedophlia would be legal one day as "that was the way society was heading and not so long homosexuality was illegal".

A strange lot in my experiences. A bit more mental and odd than our Scottish christians.

Think you just did mate.

Malcolm Tucker

moomins_558.jpg

I genuinely used to get Moomins and Mormons mixed up.

Moomins are scary, just looking up that picture kinda freaked me out.

200milesfromgorgie

i pulled a mormon in barcelona once. booted her as soon i found out i wasnt gonna get to pump her. ( i was 19 waht can i say?)

moomins_558.jpg

I genuinely used to get Moomins and Mormons mixed up.

Moomins are scary, just looking up that picture kinda freaked me out.

Aye, freaky pic like.

:biggrin:

jambos are go!

Did business in Utah once. Found them very friendly and hospitable. Met a few that had knocked on doors in Scotland. Could not believe how positive they were about being here given the flack they must have faced.

What exactly is there to discuss?

He';s trying to pump one and wants to know if he's going to get roped into some weird cult.

Again.

Mormons, Jehovahs Witness, Scientologists...All these Made up religions are filled with people who decide to "Find God" because they are trying to find excuses for the wrongs they have done...Some "Find" this made up person/entity/thing in prison, some find it before thay go, some find it because thay are socially inadiquate and it's a way of meeting people, who, like them are not quite right!!

I KNOW 1 Mormon, believe me, If I ever see him again, he'll find his god quicker than he hoped for!! :mad:

RANT OVER!!

200milesfromgorgie
Mormons, Jehovahs Witness, Scientologists...All these Made up religions are filled with people who decide to "Find God" because they are trying to find excuses for the wrongs they have done...Some "Find" this made up person/entity/thing in prison, some find it before thay go, some find it because thay are socially inadiquate and it's a way of meeting people, who, like them are not quite right!!

I KNOW 1 Mormon, believe me, If I ever see him again, he'll find his god quicker than he hoped for!! :mad:

RANT OVER!!

it's all 'made up'. but that's a whole different show all together

Malcolm Tucker
Aye, freaky pic like.

:biggrin:

Aah my moomins picture has disappeared.

Not sure whether that is a good or bad thing.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

RANT OVER!!

Aw you'll need to elaborate on that! What's the story?

He';s trying to pump one and wants to know if he's going to get roped into some weird cult.

Again.

Genius!

I heard Mormons eat childrens brains.*

*allegedly

RANT OVER!!

I would argue all religions are 'made up'. The big ones get called religions. The small ones get called cults. There is no difference really apart from size IMO.

Used to go to a Mormon Church myself !! Stopped when I was 14. Not for me. Still lots of nice people. A few very strange people. No different from Tesco's or a Bank in that case...:rolleyes:

Quite an open religion actually and willing to listen to other religions, read their literature etc..

I don't agree with any religion to be honest. IMO however the Mormon Church gets a bad rep for such stories as polygamy that has nothing to do with the main Church.

The religion is mainly based on doing good things, giving lots to charities, living healthily, birds not being complete slags etc..

As I said not for me but their theories are pretty logical in regards to how you live your life. Apart from the religion part the rest is pretty common sense.

Anyway religion bores me. :P

Archived