Reserves Today

Benzinho

I know there's already a thread on the reserve game today but there's a couple of things I noticed I thought were worth a separate thread.

First, i noticed Aguiar didn't play at all today. Does this mean he's being saved for the derby? I would guess it means he'll be on the bench at least. I hope so, for some reason I'm really looking forward to seeing Bruno back in the first team.

Second, looking at the team...........................

Hearts: Balogh; Brown, D McGowan, Balatoni, Park; Mackle (McLaughlin), J Stewart, Husband, Kostadinov (Wallace); Glen, Makela. Subs not used: MacDonald, R McGowan, Devine.

That's a really young team (Makela and Balogh apart) which is surely an encouraging sign. Hopefully they'll start to seriously think about giving some of these youngsters a chance, especially seeing as the reserves are unbeaten this season.

Would love to see Bruno start v Hibs but I dunno where he'd fit in. Especially if Stewart's playing, which he will be.

Your right though, a very young reserve team which is promising!

Yeah, I'm not sure quite where he'll fit in either, although I was thinking after watching the highlights of the reserves that he could maybe play the Hartley/Cameron attacking midfield role as he seemed to be making a lot of runs into those kind of areas and scored one of his goals from that kind of situation. Maybe Csaba's trying to change his position slightly like he's done with Jonsson.

scott herbertson

If driver and Aguiar weren't involved today it is hard to see them being risked against Hibs

If driver and Aguiar weren't involved today it is hard to see them being risked against Hibs

Unless they werent playing today to make sure they are fine for Sunday...

Wheres the other thread on todays reserve game?! Anyone fancy posting a link? Dunno how im missing it...

I was at the reserve game today.As has been said we fielded a really young team which is promising ,but so did d.u. and I thought although the youngsters played well the tactics were very like the first team,pretty negative and United looked like they wanted to win more than us.Our keeper looked very good.By the way Mr.Korobotchka sat just in front of us and spent nearly the entire second half on his mobile while watching the game intently and relaying everything to someone,I wonder who?

Charlie-Brown
I was at the reserve game today.As has been said we fielded a really young team which is promising ,but so did d.u. and I thought although the youngsters played well the tactics were very like the first team,pretty negative and United looked like they wanted to win more than us.Our keeper looked very good.By the way Mr.Korobotchka sat just in front of us and spent nearly the entire second half on his mobile while watching the game intently and relaying everything to someone,I wonder who?

What language was korobochka speaking when he was describing the game?

What language was korobochka speaking when he was describing the game?

Unfortunately I couldnt make this out but but he seemed to be talking fast and fluently so I think it was someone he conversed with regularly and easily.

Charlie-Brown
Unfortunately I couldnt make this out but but he seemed to be talking fast and fluently so I think it was someone he conversed with regularly and easily.

Did it sound like Russian?

jamboinglasgow
I know there's already a thread on the reserve game today but there's a couple of things I noticed I thought were worth a separate thread.

First, i noticed Aguiar didn't play at all today. Does this mean he's being saved for the derby? I would guess it means he'll be on the bench at least. I hope so, for some reason I'm really looking forward to seeing Bruno back in the first team.

Hearts: Balogh; Brown, D McGowan, Balatoni, Park; Mackle (McLaughlin), J Stewart, Husband, Kostadinov (Wallace); Glen, Makela. Subs not used: MacDonald, R McGowan, Devine.

That's a really young team (Makela and Balogh apart) which is surely an encouraging sign. Hopefully they'll start to seriously think about giving some of these youngsters a chance, especially seeing as the reserves are unbeaten this season.

The youngness of the team should not be seen as desperation or due to no other players being there. These players are in the reserves as the hierachy of hearts feels they should be there. Some players (Rapnik, Wallace, Brown, Husband, Glen) are now not even playing the U19s even though they are elligable so they can be moved to the next stage of their career and built to be ready for the first team. Patience is needed for them to move to the next level, but I think that it may be after christmas that some of the more promising and more developed reserves will start coming off the bench to play for the first team.

Yep and watch out for Balatoni. He's just come back from a cruciate injury and it sounds like he has started where he left off last year.

He's a good un.

rapnik not in the squad. could he be playing at the weekend instead of wallace?!?!?! or is he on international duty???

I wouldnt agree with that, think that them not being risked today means that they will be in line for the Hibs game

Aguiar has already played 180 minutes with the reserves unscathed and been training every day, if he wasnt in contention for the hibs he would surely have played with the reserves to build his fitness.

Jam Tarts 1874

I have only seen the games at Forthbank this season. In the games I have seen we have been playing some good football with a very similar formation to the 1st team. The trouble with the reserves is that it is very rarely the same team two games running, so maybe you were just unfortunate to be there on a day when things just didn't come off.

Csaba has been to a couple of the recent games at Forthbank which I think is encouraging. So far Csaba has been saying that he is wary of the inexperience in our 1st team, but he must know by know that he does need to look at alternatives particularly in offence. I would imagine that there is very little chance of a budget for Csaba in the January window, so he may be forced to bring a couple of the reserves through.

Ryan Wallace for instance has bags of pace and is very sharp, needs to focus though. I think Husband and Mackle both look like they could be first team players and Rapnik looks ready to step up too.

Archived